Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

16 minutes ago, brandon said:

listening to froot and wow… i can’t believe this is the same woman that wrote ptp and new america :trisha:

I will never get over the fact she wrote froot whilst single meanwhile the only ‘romantic’ song towards jack is superstar (end of the earth was for a movie so I don’t count it) and the nicest thing she said about him was ‘what I like about you is you know who you are’:rip: 

12 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Marina is v lucky- no paps, fans who devour her music(maybe not here but you know) and an endless supply of stream profit-living the dream 

No one even bugged her at her uni which is quite impressive 

from what I’ve gathered about paparazzi, unless you’re easily recognisable and have people tipping the paparazzi off, if you’re not at an event or a well known spot, paparazzi isn’t really an issue. most celebrities that aren’t a-listers call the paparazzi on themselves for PR purposes:rip: (and, tbh, even easily recognisable celebs still call the paparazzi on themselves and do exclusive deals with certain papers) 

(obvs the paparazzi can be and are (sometimes) a total menace, and not all celebs do this)

2 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

from what I’ve gathered about paparazzi, unless you’re easily recognisable and have people tipping the paparazzi off, if you’re not at an event or a well known spot, paparazzi isn’t really an issue. most celebrities that aren’t a-listers call the paparazzi on themselves for PR purposes:rip: (and, tbh, even easily recognisable celebs still call the paparazzi on themselves and do exclusive deals with certain papers)

yeah pretty much, and paparazzi seem to have chilled a lotttttt recently (which is nice)

lana seems to be a weird outlier tho like the paparazzi is always eating her up even when she goes radio silent :toofunny: she has such a unique level of fame 

14 hours ago, AllForYou said:

I will never get over the fact she wrote froot whilst single meanwhile the only ‘romantic’ song towards jack is superstar (end of the earth was for a movie so I don’t count it) and the nicest thing she said about him was ‘what I like about you is you know who you are’:rip: 

Nothing weird about it, they had been a couple for a few years already, after many years love just doesn't feel like in typical pop songs, apart from the fact they had a dysfunctional relationship and probably Marina forced herself to write it. Its substantial lyrical structure revolve mostly around anxiety; "You never judge me for any of my fears / I love the way we worked so hard Yeah, we've come so far Baby, look at me, you're my superstar When I'm afraid, when the world's gone dark Come and save my day, you're my superstar".

original.gif

5 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Nothing weird about it, they had been a couple for a few years already, after many years love just doesn't feel like in typical pop songs, apart from the fact they had a dysfunctional relationship and probably Marina forced herself to write it. Its substantial lyrical structure revolve mostly around anxiety; "You never judge me for any of my fears / I love the way we worked so hard Yeah, we've come so far Baby, look at me, you're my superstar When I'm afraid, when the world's gone dark Come and save my day, you're my superstar".

I agree that she probably forced herself to write it, I do like some of the lyrics of superstar, ‘my love is a planet revolving your heart’ is cute.

I think the production lets it down, mostly the post-chorus, the demo is slower and less heavy on the drums, I was hoping we’d get a ‘proper’ acoustic version sung by marina :( 

6 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

I wonder how radioactive would have faired if it had production more in line with the other tracks on Electra Heart, by her own account it fits lyrically but not sonically:flutter: 

It did not fit sonically because it was supposed to sound like that and was replaced with instrumental background made for a different artist:

Definitely not a single material... but perhaps with some changes here and there it could've had more potential.

original.gif

6 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

It did not fit sonically because it was supposed to sound like that and was replaced with an instrumental from a different artist:

Definitely not a single material... but maybe with some changes here and there it could've had more potential.

yes I know, sorry I should have made that clear, I was thinking about a more Rick/Dr. Luke(🤢) pop version

that demo sounds more of a homage to ‘die Life’ to me, which is when part of it was originally written

it’s weird her sessions with Stargate were such a washout, (eternity regrettably scrapped, bitn scrapped, radioactive arguably not really produced by them) but by her own account she was made to sit in a back room to write by herself whilst they just showed her some instrumentals so I’m not surprised:rip:

4 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

yes I know, sorry I should have made that clear, I was thinking about a more Rick/Dr. Luke(🤢) pop version

oh I see. well Rick could've made it to sound more like Bubblegum Bitch, it would've been perfect. Stargate was probably cheaper tho

original.gif

On 2/23/2023 at 1:20 PM, vrtvie said:

It did not fit sonically because it was supposed to sound like that and was replaced with instrumental background made for a different artist:

Definitely not a single material... but perhaps with some changes here and there it could've had more potential.

Radioactive in the deluxe version of EH didn’t make sense to me either… I would have swapped it with E.V.O.L, the title track or Plastic & Plaster even

On 3/2/2023 at 12:23 AM, mssainttropez said:

Marina’s latest story-

B1-E5-E7-BB-9-EDF-4-AB6-A819-173-A79-A3-

She’s an icon fr

I would never have imagined that she smokes marijuana:smokes: M6 the psychedelic album coming April 20th 

54 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

I would never have imagined that she smokes marijuana:smokes: M6 the psychedelic album coming April 20th 

someone find that photo of marina hitting a bong from the myspace days

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?