Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Oh this one is cute! :oic3: The maritime imagery is simple but effective and this time, I think it totally serves the meaning without being dragged until it loses its significance. It works for me. 

Side note but it gave me strong early Marina vibes. I couldn't help but think of "Mermaid vs. Sailor" (you know, just the title :crossed:) because of the sea metaphors, and those lines "I must avoid the fishermen, the sailors..." I also thought of Sinful because of the lonely, defensive aspect: "living like a porcupine" vs "I can't stay shut forever", feeling "safety in solitude" (which she expressed in a lot of her earlier songs). 

Anyway, let's hope she decided to revive Marina and the Diamonds for her next album :awkney:

honestly I really like the sentiment of this one, and the last slide, obviously it's much better than the last one, but overall it's still not a great poem imo. the first 5 lines feel like a separate poem, she should have started it at 'I liked being adored' and saved that first bit for something else.

whilst this one is also designed better, (she did it herself this time) the formatting with the random lines to the side does not help the poem at all. if they had a double meaning when you read the bits off to the side separately then that would be ideal but they don't. hoping the next one will be better again, she always picks questionable first singles so what were we expecting really.

also :rip: marinabook, forgotten about again.

8 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

And no sign of a Vinyl repress 

crying-sad.gif

Hide contents

Or even an official release of INHA

trisha-paytas-drunk.gif

Off topic but that gif of Trisha has me screaming every time I see it. Truly iconic 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

3 hours ago, mssainttropez said:

Froot’s birthday xx

655-B436-D-0-C2-F-44-F0-B316-CA88-E10-FF

now way Froot is EIGHT years old already...:paris::paris:

happy bday, regardeless!:beyonce:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 minute ago, Im a ghost now said:

I have so many good memories attached to Froot, 2015 was a crazy year yk a lot of teenage stuff happening for me

I will be streaming tonight :brows: thanks for the reminder @mssainttropez 

I’m doing the same hehe :heart:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

FROOT was an amazing era. I still remember being so noisy on stan twitter for HOURS about it. Great times.

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

On 3/17/2023 at 5:02 AM, evalionisameme said:

We’ve got people who Stan chemtrails on this site- use the same delusion to listen to ancient dreams 

Guess I'm the only Ancient Dreams stan here, but I love this album :true: Some of the lyrics are cringe (Purge The Poison and New America, the rest is pretty much comparable to her earlier stuff), but honestly the production makes up for it 90% of the time imo

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 hour ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

Guess I'm the only Ancient Dreams stan here, but I love this album :true: Some of the lyrics are cringe (Purge The Poison and New America, the rest is pretty much comparable to her earlier stuff), but honestly the production makes up for it 90% of the time imo

I am a huge ADIAML stan as well :brows: :kiss2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°