Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

12 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

She could of just called herself Marina diamonds :um: like did this thought not occur to anyone 

Marina Diamond was a banger stage name that she had briefly pre-fame; I think nowadays people would've been annoying about it because of H*nnah Diamond existing tho

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

Poor Marina, I don't think she will return to her old days. 

She kinda tried with Ancient Dreams but she fucking ruined it with the whole political and woke edge. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

3 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I just cannot envision her making a really good album again after love+fear & ancient dreams. Like it just feels so far outside the realm of possibility, which is so sad. :defeated:

She hasn't done it since Froot but let's not say anything... 

11 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I just cannot envision her making a really good album again after love+fear & ancient dreams. Like it just feels so far outside the realm of possibility, which is so sad. :defeated:

I think, in the other hand, that that could make her come back with renewed energies and more creativity. I have hopes :yesnod:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

30 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

The new version she sang of INHA is actually still so good. Why didn’t she release it? :trisha:

she was never going to release that version (though idk why she couldn't just make a fake acoustic version with the stems like the L+F 'acoustics') but I fear she just said she'd release it to try and get fans to like her again, which was silly cause people are still asking where it is as the only confirmation she changed her mind was a recording from a private Q&A after a concert.

fans: marina release inha we hate you

marina: :((( mmm okay sooo here's a new version i'm gonna release it soon now pls go to my concerts and i'll sing it here and there!!
fans: yay marina we love you can we pls now have it on spotify??
marina: right imma head out

original.gif

17 hours ago, AllForYou said:

tbh I'm more annoyed by her mentioning redoing her old demos (on two separate occasions) than I am about the lack of INHA on streaming services, I'm sure it's an abandoned idea now:toofunny:

She is super dumb, it's so easy to have her own fans happy: just release a compilation of reworked demos and outtakes.

Bad Kidz (official final version from Vinyl)

I'm Not Hungry Anymore 

Scab & Plaster 

Miss Y

Simplify 

Jealousy

Lies (with new Bridge) 

Please Don't Call Me 

Holiday 

There's Nothing Wrong with You

Saviour

True Colours (on Spotify) 

There you go, 12 songs that fans would love to have either finally uploaded on Spotify or reworked. And there are many other pre-TFJ demos that fans would love her to rework. 

Imagine a quirky final version for Horror Pop. 

As far as I know she reworked many Mermaid vs Sailor songs for TFJ, I hope they leak one day. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

3 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

She is super dumb, it's so easy to have her own fans happy: just release a compilation of reworked demos and outtakes.

I'm Not Hungry Anymore 

Scab & Plaster 

Miss Y

Simplify 

Jealousy

Lies (with new Bridge) 

Please Don't Call Me 

Holiday 

Saviour

There you go, 12 songs that fans would love to have either finally uploaded on Spotify or reworked. And there are many other pre-TFJ demos that fans would love her to rework. 

As far as I know she reworked many Mermaid vs Sailor songs for TFJ, I hope they leak one day. 

Unfortunately she don't care about her career anymore lol just doing it for money. 

20 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I'm Not Hungry Anymore 

Scab & Plaster 

Miss Y

Simplify 

Jealousy

Lies (with new Bridge) 

Please Don't Call Me 

Holiday 

Saviour

I would really enjoy that and even though i doubt she's artistically in "that" place anymore, it'd be a good compromise to make so she can get started in her indie journey. Ppl would buy the heck out of this project; she could even hire a fan to do the artwork just like for froot era 

14 minutes ago, 14n4 said:

I would really enjoy that and even though i doubt she's artistically in "that" place anymore, it'd be a good compromise to make so she can get started in her indie journey. Ppl would buy the heck out of this project; she could even hire a fan to do the artwork just like for froot era 

this would be cute but the person that did the remix artwork didn't even get to meet marina despite having concert tickets for a show, her whole team ghosted this poor girl when she asked (which I don't think is an unreasonable request as she met Gabriel) and she wasn't even told when one of the vinyls was dropping.

edit: my point being if she does do something like this again I hope she isn't weirdly exploitative about it.

25 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

(which I don't think is an unreasonable request as she met Gabriel)

tbf designing random remix artwork.......... vs designing the Neon Nature Tour's posters and backdrops, becoming an integral part of the tour's visual identity

they're not totally comparable

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

4 minutes ago, FkaIl said:

tbf designing random remix artwork.......... vs designing the Neon Nature Tour's posters and backdrops, becoming an integral part of the tour's visual identity

they're not totally comparable

I get that, but these weren't just used on the digital remixes they were used as the official artwork on all the single vinyls. she had already bought tickets, so she wasn't asking for freebies, it feels like a courtesy thing.

On 6/1/2023 at 10:42 AM, EXODUS said:

I'm Not Hungry Anymore 

Scab & Plaster 

Miss Y

Simplify 

Jealousy

Lies (with new Bridge) 

Please Don't Call Me 

Holiday 

Saviour

she can’t stand singing old songs imagine releasing outtakes. Queen could never

On 6/1/2023 at 9:42 AM, EXODUS said:

I'm Not Hungry Anymore 

Scab & Plaster 

Miss Y

Simplify 

Jealousy

Lies (with new Bridge) 

Please Don't Call Me 

Holiday 

Saviour

++Sinful

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶