Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

so there was a FB FAQ'n Hell today...someone asked "what do you think about the rumours that Better Than That is for Ellie Goulding" and Marina replied "bizarre and untrue".............................the plot thickens :groundhog:

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

so there was a FB FAQ'n Hell today...someone asked "what do you think about the rumours that Better Than That is for Ellie Goulding" and Marina replied "bizarre and untrue".............................the plot thickens :groundhog:

Ellie sure as hell thinks it's about her with how childish her response to it has been

Oh well, if the shoe fits

BzhmW.png

Haven't read much of this thread in like 20 pages but... 

I'm sure someone posted the St. Lucia "FROOT" Remix. And it got me really thinking about how amazing some of the song might be when remixed into electronic tracks. Even tho she's... "soO0o 0v3r" electronica/dance music.

I think pulling something like this and dropping it the day the album came out would help increase her sales after the leak and get fans who have the album excited about it again.

I think it would actually be really cool if she did a small remix EP OR a deluxe that included 5-6 remixes of certain key songs from the album and called it the MIRACLE FROOT EP or the MIRACLE FROOT edition. It could play with the idea that just like a miracle berry makes you taste fruit differently, these remixes will help you hear the songs differently. Like a twist on the flavors she's assigned to each of the songs on the album. And it would be really cool if she included a single new song (or even just a song that didn't make the album... perhaps the one that she put on instagram over the summer that we all went wild for) and assigned it the Miracle Fruit flavor.

1. New song (Instagram song or "miracle fruit" flavored song)
2. FROOT (St. Lucia Remix)

3. Blue (Remix)
4. Forget (Remix)

5. Better than That (Remix)

6. Savages (Remix)

And I'm not even talking about like really generic 9 minute dance remixes. I'm talking like, WELL CRAFTED remixes that incorporate electronica elements or more pop elements.

It's just something I was thinking about and curious what you all thought about something like that? It's obviously not gonna happen, but just an idea.

If you guys could see people remix these songs, who would you want to see get their hands in on the project?  

If you guys could see people remix these songs, who would you want to see get their hands in on the project?  

Definetly not Burns. That Primadonna remix makes me want to jump off a cliff  :toofunny:

Oh No! (Jaymo & Andy George’s Moda Remix) is probably one of the best remixes of a Marina song, even though it's not very dance/electropop. And the Black Teeth remix of Mowgli's Road is almost better than the original song. 

I don't really care for remixes in general (especially on Marina songs) but this is a cool idea and I'd definitely like to hear some more FROOT remixes.

5UNbEmr.jpg

I don't really care for remixes in general (especially on Marina songs) but this is a cool idea and I'd definitely like to hear some more FROOT remixes.

I'm usually not a fan of remixes either, but I definitely don't mean like.. typical remixes. I mean almost like... re-productions/re-works of the songs. Like... keep the integrity of the song's structure and kind of build production around it? Not chop it up and screw it to death and add like 4 minutes of dance breakdowns and shit. Just like rework the songs as electro-pop songs. Does that makes sense? 

Like... The rumble strips remix of "Back to Black" by Amy Winehouse is an example of what I mean. Or even the many versions of Lolita

I'm not a big fan of remixes either, but this one is definitely one of my favorite songs of all time.

Yes!!! That remix slays me so hard!

Also, wtf that Better Than That isn't about Ellie... And I didn't know she had a response to it! Can someone point me to Ellie's response? @

Yes!!! That remix slays me so hard!

Also, wtf that Better Than That isn't about Ellie... And I didn't know she had a response to it! Can someone point me to Ellie's response? @

She never actually said anything, but people kept tweeting her about it so she blocked them. Then she posted a photo on IG saying Nobody Cares, whilst also tweeting Drake lyrics that suggested she was mad about the song.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Does anyone think maybe Better Than That IS about Ellie but Marina's saying it's not because she doesn't want to start drama?

I think it may be one of those "you know who you are" things where Ellie knows it's about her and that's enough. Marina doesn't seem like the type to childishly single people out and start feuds.

A sort of rebirth for Marina Diamandis, FROOT (available here on vinyl) sees her exploring existential tribulations with new wit and juxtaposition for a relentlessly listenable result.

12. Immorta

who wrote this  :toofunny: 

familiar words http://www.spin.com/articles/marina-and-the-diamonds-froot-interview/

I feel like for whatever reason, whether females are good at writing or they're not, it almost feels like people never really believe that they're the creators. It's like, "Well, she looks like this and she appears to be like this, so she can't actually be talented or have a brain." It's really strange. And almost to a degree where I sometimes think, especially with female pop stars, it's quite hard to figure out whether that persona is something that is true to them or if there are multi-layered and they have depth to them.

Does anyone think maybe Better Than That IS about Ellie but Marina's saying it's not because she doesn't want to start drama?

I think it may be one of those "you know who you are" things where Ellie knows it's about her and that's enough. Marina doesn't seem like the type to childishly single people out and start feuds.

I 100% think so, it really doesn't fit for anyone else + if it wasn't about Ellie, surely she would've outright said that when the rumours popped up?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I feel like she should've said motherfucker more times in CPMD and used some more expletives throughout the entire album

I think the personal nature of the album would've been ruined if she overused expletives. Marina will probably do it live if she feels the need to.

She can lie, but we know the truth. :deadbanana:

Haven't read much of this thread in like 20 pages but... 

I'm sure someone posted the St. Lucia "FROOT" Remix. And it got me really thinking about how amazing some of the song might be when remixed into electronic tracks. Even tho she's... "soO0o 0v3r" electronica/dance music.

I think pulling something like this and dropping it the day the album came out would help increase her sales after the leak and get fans who have the album excited about it again.

I think it would actually be really cool if she did a small remix EP OR a deluxe that included 5-6 remixes of certain key songs from the album and called it the MIRACLE FROOT EP or the MIRACLE FROOT edition. It could play with the idea that just like a miracle berry makes you taste fruit differently, these remixes will help you hear the songs differently. Like a twist on the flavors she's assigned to each of the songs on the album. And it would be really cool if she included a single new song (or even just a song that didn't make the album... perhaps the one that she put on instagram over the summer that we all went wild for) and assigned it the Miracle Fruit flavor.

1. New song (Instagram song or "miracle fruit" flavored song)

2. FROOT (St. Lucia Remix)

3. Blue (Remix)

4. Forget (Remix)

5. Better than That (Remix)

6. Savages (Remix)

And I'm not even talking about like really generic 9 minute dance remixes. I'm talking like, WELL CRAFTED remixes that incorporate electronica elements or more pop elements.

It's just something I was thinking about and curious what you all thought about something like that? It's obviously not gonna happen, but just an idea.

Nice idea but I don't think Marina is releasing a deluxe edition physically with remixes, since she only wanted her writing/production on it for this release. Maybe a complete remix album would better suit her release plan or whatever.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1