Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I'm pretty bummed that there are apparently no more dates to the Neon Nature tour. I thought she was touring all of this year so I was sure she'd come back to the US so I didn't try and travel to see her last year. It looks like I either make a trip to Europe or I don't ever see her live because I'm pretty sure she wants to be done with music after this. I wish she hadn't skipped all of the towns within 300 miles of me..

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I'm pretty bummed that there are apparently no more dates to the Neon Nature tour. I thought she was touring all of this year so I was sure she'd come back to the US so I didn't try and travel to see her last year. It looks like I either make a trip to Europe or I don't ever see her live because I'm pretty sure she wants to be done with music after this. I wish she hadn't skipped all of the towns within 300 miles of me..

I don't think she's going to quit music....

H0bDaqU.gif

ya her wording was a bit dubious, but she has more dates after the "final" show so perhaps she just meant the UK. she needs to announce an additional US leg though soon if she's still doing one

BzhmW.png

I don't think she's going to quit music....

ya her wording was a bit dubious, but she has more dates after the "final" show so perhaps she just meant the UK. she needs to announce an additional US leg though soon if she's still doing one

I really hope y'all are right but just the vibe she's been giving I'm not hopeful that she is doing anything beyond what's already listed.  :rip:

The lack of recognition that FROOT got pains me everyday. Honestly Marina's best album and one of the best of last year.

Even though you are right with saying it's a good album and one of the best ones from 2015, I think it's her weakest. The sound is the most "bland" ones she ever had, the instrumentals are overly simple and her voice is way too smooth. The lyrics and the mood of the album is not as interesting as TFJ and EH ... Froot is good but somehow missing this unique Marina-touch on many aspects.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Even though you are right with saying it's a good album and one of the best ones from 2015, I think it's her weakest. The sound is the most "bland" ones she ever had, the instrumentals are overly simple and her voice is way too smooth. The lyrics and the mood of the album is not as interesting as TFJ and EH ... Froot is good but somehow missing this unique Marina-touch on many aspects.

To each their own. Personally I wasn't a massive fan of TFJ and the more I listen to EH the more uncomfortable Marina sounds as Electra. I don't know, something about FROOT really clicked with me and Gold>>>>>>>

It did debut as numer 8 in the US tho, I don't think she's had better commercial success.  :prettyhurts:

First week sales were good but the 8-96 drop...

I had a dream that Marina announced a new leg of her tour in the US and Atlanta (town I'm closest to) was third on the list and she was coming in late March. Thing is that I am moving to LA in early March and this second leg didn't have any LA dates. :crai: I'm still so upset that I'll probably never get to see her live.

On to real things, she apparently sang True Colors and Solitaire live at one of the recent shows. She's also promotig the crap out of this Froot Sundae show today so I'm wondering if she's going to release a new song or what the deal is with this show.

she's announcing the end of her career :creep:

TBH I would not be surprised and am 60% convinced that might be the case lol.

Hoping for INHA but knowing her she'll debut Weeds live or yeah say she's ending her career. :creep:

well ratina has decided to forget that she has a whole european tour planned and dropped the bomb that tonight is the froot finale

lets pray she does something