Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

First I've heard of this omg?

During one of her live TFJ-era performances she had an alternative cover for the album as the backdrop, there's a photo of it somewhere that I'll try to find. It used a photo from the shoot we've never seen before.

EDIT: Here it is -

ORAGl4z.jpg

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

During one of her live TFJ-era performances she had an alternative cover for the album as the backdrop, there's a photo of it somewhere that I'll try to find. It used a photo from the shoot we've never seen before.

EDIT: Here it is -

ORAGl4z.jpg

omg why wasn't this the cover?????????

H0bDaqU.gif

omg why wasn't this the cover?????????

I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG FUCK THE TFJ SHOOT NEEDS TO LEAK.

Also, the EH and TFJ shoot aren't "falling" into peoples hands, like Elle said :(

Turns out they're's only a couple people with them. Damn!

https://soundcloud.com/jewels-drugs-1/disconnect-lq-snippet-leak

"THE SINGLE IS COMING THIS MONTH )THIS SNIPPET IS JUST A DEMO AND SOME PARTS AREN'T MARINA) ALSO PLEASE DON'T SUE ME"

ok 

someone have this saved? wanna hear it even if its fake

Omg yall got me running like Usain Bolt! I'm such on edge with her, I want her back, I was listening to this remix this morning and I cried a bit I miss her so hard

Edit: I forgot to precise, this fucking amazing remix, I love the original sm but this is a party anthem, a pure banger

ZKcaooE.png

Is there any information of any upcoming album by her?

all we know is that she is writing. there is no evidence that she has even recorded anything or has any plans so basically we are in limbo until she subtlety hints she is recording new music.

Why everyone was screaming and crying like crazy and saying that she ended her career after the Froot era when she said she would just take a break? It was an inside joke or they were just being dramatic? I'm curious  :hooker:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

i thought she said in some interview that shes bored with singing and wants to try new things, hope its not true

I think more than anything she's bored with the whole album campaign thing. She's sick of having to deal with her label (for example, they sat on Froot for like 3 months before they decided if they liked it or not), she's tired of creating massive eras and having to do heaps of promo all at once, and touring which takes away a lot of her energy and time away from her personal life. I think at the moment she's just trying to take a breather. She has said she's working on new material, so I wouldn't worry that she's ended her music career. I just don't think she wants to do full-on albums anymore. I'm pretty sure she said she liked the idea of putting out little EPs or singles every now and then. I think she's just frustrated at the fact that she writes songs, then has to wait ten billion years before anyone gets to hear them, and then by the time they're released she's already moved on to something else.

touring which takes away a lot of her energy and time away from her personal life.

That's like a general expectation of being a musician. She picked the wrong career path if she didn't want to promote her own art

BzhmW.png

That's like a general expectation of being a musician. She picked the wrong career path if she didn't want to promote her own art

Of course she wants to promote her art, and she does enjoy touring, as she's said before. But it's difficult when you turn 30 and you're finally in a stable relationship with someone who you are thinking of settling down with, but you've got to tour for months upon months. 

And just for the record, not all musicians tour. Take Kate Bush, for example. She's a musical icon and she has barely toured throughout her life. She prefers to spend her time in the studio creating new music and she also wanted to take time out to focus on her family. 

I think some of y'all have this kind of superiority complex where you think that every artist owes you something, when in reality they are only people just like us, with their own personal lives and they can make their own choices. Marina shouldn't have to tour if she doesn't want to. Besides, I think what she has tried to say before is not that she doesn't want to tour, but she just wants it to be more evenly spread out, because getting on a plane and visiting a new place every day is tiring as fuck. And she just wants some time to breathe in between, which is fair enough.

She's literally been on three massive tours already, it's her choice now what she wants to do.

And also, there are PLENTY of ways to promote your music without touring.

Of course she wants to promote her art, and she does enjoy touring, as she's said before. But it's difficult when you turn 30 and you're finally in a stable relationship with someone who you are thinking of settling down with, but you've got to tour for months upon months. 

And just for the record, not all musicians tour. Take Kate Bush, for example. She's a musical icon and she has barely toured throughout her life. She prefers to spend her time in the studio creating new music and she also wanted to take time out to focus on her family. 

I think some of y'all have this kind of superiority complex where you think that every artist owes you something, when in reality they are only people just like us, with their own personal lives and they can make their own choices. Marina shouldn't have to tour if she doesn't want to. Besides, I think what she has tried to say before is not that she doesn't want to tour, but she just wants it to be more evenly spread out, because getting on a plane and visiting a new place every day is tiring as fuck. And she just wants some time to breathe in between, which is fair enough.

She's literally been on three massive tours already, it's her choice now what she wants to do.

And also, there are PLENTY of ways to promote your music without touring.

Yeah, this is something really boring  :pft:. I follow a few Marina's humor pages in my country and I remembered people saying things like "NO, SHE CAN'T GO AWAY. I WILL DIE WITHOUT HER!" and some offensive stuffs when Froot era ended. Some people were joking of course, but I know that some were talking for real. I'm almost getting used to this kind of situation, but I still remember the first time I saw this abrupt change from love to hate: I was hangin' around on Instagram and a profile that I used to follow started to post a lot of offences about her, being that weeks before, the person was spreading all the love for her. Then later I saw that she cancelled the Marina Meets because someone cheated??? (I still don't understand what happened actually  :toofunny: ) But yeah, back to the story: I went to her pages to see if she posted something, but I couldn't not see the comments (It always appears  :toofunny: ) and most were insulting her. She posted the cancelation reason later and people still insulted her (WTF? I mean, if you want to insult someone, you should insult the person that cheated, right?). Honestly, sometimes I get worried with the pression she handle as well as some fans (if you know what i'm talking about).

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593