Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Superstar already aged like milk jesus...

It's kinda sad bc it was one of the new songs I was excited the most but well...

Handmade Heaven can't relate :makeup:

This is the hottest tea thank u.

Handmade Heaven remains iconic and a good starter for this era + the mv is heavenly and perfect. Marina snaps in so many levels

Also, The Family Jewels (song) is definitely a nice track. I used to kinda dislike it bc its production since it's a garageband track, but now I really like it. The lyrics are so good and I love her vocals on the chorus :defeated:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

scab & plaster was the song that got me into marina, and it's still my fav song of hers. thanks 8tracks!

Ugh love that song! 

You tell me what to say and wear

You say that it's because you care

Well I prefer to be alone

Than live a life that not my own

:bop:

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Hoping the weather outside is nice Friday to match the theme

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Is the link dead for anyone else now? THAT LASTED LMAO

Yeah, it's dead rn. (Edit: nvm it's up for me)

She looks stunning lying on the beach in that orange outfit :defeated: This is going to be THE song for spring 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Wow she really LEAPT from grace. First her songs became the definition of uninspired mainstream boredom and now she also does those vacation-resort-commercial-music videos that are usually reserved for soulless DJ-features.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

the instrumental is...interesting. praying this isn't another Superstar situation. other than that though, visuals look beautiful!

if it’s another Superstar situation then it’ll be an amazing song what’s your point

It sounds like Baby 2.0. She’s trying to please GP again, but at least Electra was conceptual, smart and overall iconic, Superstar and Orange are just cheap pop songs. I thought she was over with her desperate “radio-friendly wannabe” narrative but guess I was wrong.

But honestly now I’m happy she has changed her name to just “Marina,” because it sounds like some random cheap Latina pop girl and this is exactly what’s her music now.

if it’s another Superstar situation then it’ll be an amazing song what’s your point

solely based on how you talk about m4 i can say that you have never listened to tfj