Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

omg..... you guys seriously cannot be pleased. IT'S A SONG FOR A SOUNDTRACK FOR A TEEN MOVIE IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A GROUNDBREAKING LEAD SINGLE OR ANYTHING. Just learn to enjoy songs for what they are 

FzytWEW.png

omg..... you guys seriously cannot be pleased. IT'S A SONG FOR A SOUNDTRACK FOR A TEEN MOVIE IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A GROUNDBREAKING LEAD SINGLE OR ANYTHING. Just learn to enjoy songs for what they are 

RT

Seriously tho, although About Love isn't amazing, I still love L+F and wouldn't change it. HH, TBH, and EM are some of my all time favourite Marina songs. And I love the whole concept of L+F - imo it's about coming out the other side of a long period of mental health difficulties and celebrating that, and the more simplistic sound fits with this. 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

And? It’s bad lol

It's so sad that you settle for trash just because you feel M*rina is owed it. Nobody is arguing that it's supposed to be a "groundbreaking lead single". It's supposed to be a good, listenable song...which it is not.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I love marinara sauce!

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

And because it's a soundtrack she has a pass to release another bad song?

Allie X for exemple released two stellar songs for a another Netflix teen movie. It really is no excuse.

自由になる自由がある

FROOT is her best album imo cause the producing doesnt sound like the most innovative thing in the world; its very close to indie rock producing but it still sounds fresh somehow. 

Electra Heart is not bad but even being cynical the beats still sounds generic

Love and Fear is just......... bland and boring & made me lose all interest in her work

FROOT is her best album imo cause the producing doesnt sound like the most innovative thing in the world; its very close to indie rock producing but it still sounds fresh somehow. 

Electra Heart is not bad but even being cynical the beats still sounds generic

Love and Fear is just......... bland and boring & made me lose all interest in her work

how is froot indie?? rock??? froot is synth pop/dream pop at best lol 

and eh isn't generic, considering it was made almost ten years ago 

how is froot indie?? rock??? froot is synth pop/dream pop at best lol 

and eh isn't generic, considering it was made almost ten years ago 

its very close to indie rock producing

the beats still sounds generic

some of yall cant read and its showing! ncK2PR7.gif