Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Ok I'm gonna be honest, the song was kinda cute at first. I thought, hey it's a song for a teen romcom movie so why should I judge it as a single. Why are people hating on a soundtrack so much?

But then it came to my mind, this song doesn't sound any different from L+F and now I'm kinda sad 'cause it shows how much of a downgrade her music got. I love her and she became a huge part of my life but I don't think I could take another album/era like this one. 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

its very close to indie rock producing

the beats still sounds generic

some of yall cant read and its showing! ncK2PR7.gif

indie rock producing means nothing lmao

like, in what way is it close to indie rock producing? 

what do you mean by beats? the melodies? the production? what 

l+f is pretty disappointing but the strong songs on the album are fantastic. i really like end of the earth, emotional machine, handmade heaven, karma and believe in love. the rest i don't really remember :rip:

new song blows tho, and i loved to all the boys i've loved before. it was dreamy and idealized, but about love is NOT it.

redline

omg..... you guys seriously cannot be pleased. IT'S A SONG FOR A SOUNDTRACK FOR A TEEN MOVIE IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A GROUNDBREAKING LEAD SINGLE OR ANYTHING. Just learn to enjoy songs for what they are 

Lmao I had to interject. Full disclosure I hate this singer and don't listen to her but it is hilarious how this entire thread is her fans telling other fans to just settle and expect less because they are all so consistently disappointed with her output. LOL

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

indie rock producing means nothing lmao

like, in what way is it close to indie rock producing? 

what do you mean by beats? the melodies? the production? what 

Yes to me its very different from EH. Thinking about Better Than That and Cant Pin Me Down for example, some of the riffs sounds like a lot like indie rock bands. You can hear that they gave the drums some sense of space, there's a lot of snare drum present, cymbals with very short sustain but still hearable, (i dont know how to translate that in english correctly and make it make sense :rip:). Compare it to Living Dead for example, the groove is very similar to the ones in FROOT mainly but the drums are totally different (athough FROOT title track is very close to EH sound and was indeed a good choice for first single, like Handmade Heeaven is very close to FROOT too ). Dont know if she recorded this with a band but it gives me that impression, that "garage band" flavour

And the synths are definitely more organic than EH, which sound more saw wave-y

EH had that diva / electropop strong vibe, Kinda like Kylie in her X record

Yes to me its very different from EH. Thinking about Better Than That and Cant Pin Me Down for example, some of the riffs sounds like a lot like indie rock bands. You can hear that they gave the drums some sense of space, there's a lot of snare drum present, cymbals with very short sustain but still hearable, (i dont know how to translate that in english correctly and make it make sense :rip:). Compare it to Living Dead for example, the groove is very similar to the ones in FROOT mainly but the drums are totally different (athough FROOT title track is very close to EH sound and was indeed a good choice for first single, like Handmade Heeaven is very close to FROOT too ). Dont know if she recorded this with a band but it gives me that impression, that "garage band" flavour

And the synths are definitely more organic than EH, which sound more saw wave-y

EH had that diva / electropop strong vibe, Kinda like Kylie in her X record

I mean I agree but I wouldn't call it indie rock, Beach House employs a lot of drums but it's still dream pop, and I think the same can be said for a lot of her songs. Indie rock is more about being stripped/acoustic and I would say drums aren't that present.

I have never listened to Kylie Minogue and she probably did draw inspiration from it but I wouldn't call it generic, it's not as unique a sound as TFJ but it's still pretty defined, some tracks more than others tho

I really Need some new good music from her, there are 3 or 4 really good songs on L+F like EOTH, but that's it. We def cant wait another 4 years for an album but im also scared that if she puts something out soon it'll be even worse than L+F

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

The amount of music production noobs in this thread is insane, lmao.

Says who

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

About Love is... fine actually.

When it started I thought she was really having HER DAY and using that same melody that's part of Too Afraid\To Be Human and I was like "NO WAY THIS BITH IS REALLY DOING THIS FOR A THIRD TIME???" but then it progresses and it's fine. The Heavy vocoder chorus is really interesting (even thought it's a trick that already tried to save another song from L+F which I can't really remember at all but yeah)

Then the drop comes in and... well. It's a drop.

I think the most annoying part is that I'm actually repairing on the generic parts of her songs. She really needs to move on from this and I have no clue of how actually but maybe she really needs new producers and people around her???? I don't know.

It's the drop. The annoying snare roll over the build up that you can download at any "freebeats.com"... these are ugly details that are ruining her songs (for me). The annoying snare throws me back at the ugly trap-lite drums for Superstar. How the song does have a beatiful melody, an interesting view kinda and... it's all buried for that messy production. No surprise the songs from Love+Fear do have some different shine on them with that Acoustic EP.

I mentioned that this is like Electra Heart done wrong. Electra Heart had some of the biggest names of Pop music giving her beats and she wrote these songs over. But these beats were stuff that were meant to be "THE NEXT HOT THING". It was all trying to keep it mainstream but not repeating what was up at the moment at all (because it would be... stupid). L+F sounds like they just try to repeat stuff from the radio top40 and watered it all down. It's what you'd expect for some european C-List girl on her debut album trying to score a hit.

FROOT worked because she sat down with ONE guy and had the vision "A record to be played live, like a band". That was the starting point. 

The Family Jewels was probably something to do with the fact she was writing all her music on her Cassio Keyboard and Garage Band beats that are, mainly, organic\acoustic sounding songs. When she got producers, she probably asked them to transpose stuff and kept all in the same vein of these demos.

For the lyrics, there were so many clunky moments on FROOT already and many songs that, if were stripped to work with a tropical-trap-beat would probably sound horrendous too. I mean... Forget, Better than That, even Gold. It's like she opened a rhymme dictionary and called it a day. Love + Fear itself have some good moments and flashes of brilliance, including outtakes like The Art of Letting Go (listening to this one right now). The main issue for me is really she just tried to... make lighthearted pop music without really putting many deep meaning and thinking about. 

Ok long nonsense rant is over. I just wish her the best and that for her next project she'll have a vision and not just... random songs to pick up and then creating a title.

Electra Heart Demo CD is in the hands of someone: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/635598423726358548/677502704825925662/image0.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Bubblegum Bitch

2. Prima Donna

3. Power & Control

4. Lies

5. Homewrecker

6. Starring Role

7. The State of Dreaming

8. Living Dead

9. Radioactive

10. Sex Yeah

11. Valley of the Dolls

12. Hypocrates (Tell Me)

13. Fear and Loathing

Edit: Just noticed I used the wrong link :rip: fixed

This is what happens when you change your stage name and decide to say fuck it to the fans...

I just can't understand how bad and basic she's become. Everything since after Froot has become watered down and is way too simple'n'safe.Christ it makes Lana look extremely experimental in comparison.

The only tracks I like from Lifeless + Forever Boring are Handmade Heaven , To be Human and End of the World. Mainly BC there the only tracks that still feel like the OG version of herself.

Her new track is so shit that it breaks the fabric of time and space causing the universe to collapse in on itself. I haven't been this disgusted by a track since Me! By TayTay's cringe inducing "sPElling iS fUn KiDs" line.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371