Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Do y’all dislike the whole album or just most of it? Most of the album’s just generic pop (which i dont mind) but imo End Of The Earth and Believe in Love are def on par with her earlier music.

i enjoy the album but can agree that most of the tracks are way too... empty. Anyways, EOTE, EM and STBS and SO GOOD and they could fit in between songs from the other albums. Song like Orange Trees, Superstar and No More Suckers are just not in the same level at all

Do y’all dislike the whole album or just most of it? Most of the album’s just generic pop (which i dont mind) but imo End Of The Earth and Believe in Love are def on par with her earlier music.

I can only listen to EOTE, Believe In Love, EYL and Karma. Baby is ok too. 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

imo there are 0 bad songs on FROOT. A very solid body of work.

this. the songs themselves arent bad... I enjoy all.. the only problem is that for me it's not a solid body.. they woudv worked as a short album or 2-3 EPs

the whole album, it's bad. there are a bunch of songs that I kinda like but nothing I go back to listening to, it's just boring 

The second half of the album is really the only portion I can ever listen to without getting bored, but To Be Human, End of the Earth, Believe in Love, Karma, and Emotional Machine are the only songs that are worthy of repeat listens 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I don't know ... EYL has cringy lyrics but the "OoOoOw OoOoOW OooOwraaaaange Tree" chants and the tracks production are just obnoxious.

I don't know, to me, the difference is that Orange Trees is one of the few songs on that album that are not try-hard deep. It doesn't take itself too seriously, it's just a fun little bop (a very basic one, admittedly). Enjoy Your Life, on the other hand... You can just tell that Marina wrote it and thought she had done something. But she hadn't. With those cringeworthy lyrics, not even the most amazing production in the world could have saved this song.

And that's my main problem with Love + Fear. Marina just shouldn't have tried to make it seem deeper than it is. There's nothing wrong with making "just" pop music. Like, I don't mind Baby, Karma, Orange Trees, Please Don't Call Me... They're nothing special, but they're decent, catchy pop songs. But if you put out an album like Love + Fear and then act like you've written the music equivalent to Freud's Psychoanalysis, then yes, you will get dragged and it will be deserved.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I don't know, to me, the difference is that Orange Trees is one of the few songs on that album that are not try-hard deep. It doesn't take itself too seriously, it's just a fun little bop (a very basic one, admittedly). Enjoy Your Life, on the other hand... You can just tell that Marina wrote it and thought she had done something. But she hadn't. With those cringeworthy lyrics, not even the most amazing production in the world could have saved this song.

Mte. Orange Trees is actually a cute, carefree, summery bop. And the acoustic version is really nice.

自由になる自由がある

And that's my main problem with Love + Fear. Marina just shouldn't have tried to make it seem deeper than it is. There's nothing wrong with making "just" pop music. Like, I don't mind Baby, Karma, Orange Trees, Please Don't Call Me... They're nothing special, but they're decent, catchy pop songs. But if you put out an album like Love + Fear and then act like you've written the music equivalent to Freud's Psychoanalysis, then yes, you will get dragged and it will be deserved.

Damn sis' you preached!

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

during the L+F tour, i mad my proudest moment as a fan

when she did INHA, everyone around my friends, my (now ex) boyfriend, and I sat down, since no one knew the song

HOWEVER I did, so i remained standing, and singing along, and I swear everyone around us just looked at me like "how tf does he know this song" and one of my friends was hyping me up when she sang "don't even bother feeding me your bullshit..." and i was just standing there, singing, with a huge smile on my face

idk random memory that still makes me smile

negAbhB.png

Happy is truly one of the best songs I've heard. It's absolutely beautiful :defeated:

I remember the first time I listened to it and I haven't cried so ugly since then

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I disagree heavily. It might not be as unique as Froot, but the production is pretty amazing and there are some great lyrics in there. The production on songs like End of the Earth, Believe in Love, and Enjoy Your Life are great. As much as I love TFJ, Love + Fear is a better put together album and way more polished. 

Ummm noah fence, but this is NOT the right opinion.  :O

I was never into Marina, but I really enjoy some songs from love+fear, it's not something deep or very special but I like just listening to them. Maybe her stans/fans did expect something else from her but I just like what I hear

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

can we stop talking bout l+f coz every time this thred goes top i think we got new leaks but it's just your gay asses complaining 

there should be an entire thread just for venting about l+f lmao

that's such a good term to describe it lol. i remember during/after the froot era i was stanning her sooo hard, even harder than Lana, and then L+F happened... there are some fun songs on it, like karma, orange trees, handmade heaven and no more suckers, but the rest is just a bunch of clichés in song form.  :pft:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it