Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I really like Enjoy Your Life but I really hate the lyric "sit back and enjoy your problems" it's always bothered me

like please explain how exactly one is supposed to "enjoy" their problems

negAbhB.png

I don't get all the To Be Human hate, you know... It's one of the best tracks of the album

bcus it tries so hard to be deep, and it doesnt help that marina said it was her most "political" song. 

I really like Enjoy Your Life but I really hate the lyric "sit back and enjoy your problems" it's always bothered me

like please explain how exactly one is supposed to "enjoy" their problems

Probably just a figurative phrase for taking a moment to appreciate your problems because perhaps they aren't nearly that important in the grand scheme of things and there's always light at the end of the tunnel and things eventually turn around or maybe that things could be worse. So you should try and not let your problems control your life and the way you view the world. Just my take on it, could probably mean nothing and Marina just threw it together because it rhymed lol

R5sPD4M.jpg

we know she probably won't go back and we also know her commercial music isn't it so basically at this point she should just call it quits and join Clean Bandit. at least then she can flop in a group  :biblio:

The problem with Love + Fear is not that the concept was poorly executed, it’s that the songs are bad. Like, Electra Heart, despite being visually stunning, still had a lot of flaws when it came to the concept: there is NO storyline aside from a song or two, the archetypes are very blurry, etc... but it’s a great record in that the songs are great and stand on their own, which makes all the flaws of the concept slide into the background cause they don’t need to carry the record, it carries itself.

Love + Fear songs are bad, and even the best ones are underwhelming. No amount of concept behind it could’ve made it good. Concepts in and of themselves very rarely work out. Unless you’re pulling some Rosalia shit and doing a full fledged concept album with a story, characters and an actual ending, it’s just a way to tie the songs together.

The Love/Fear thing was just a way to tie the songs together. Had they been good, we would’ve had no problem with the concept to begin with. But they’re bad, and we’re blaming the concept for it, even though it’s not particularly bad, just lazy IMO

The problem with Love + Fear is not that the concept was poorly executed, it’s that the songs are bad. Like, Electra Heart, despite being visually stunning, still had a lot of flaws when it came to the concept: there is NO storyline aside from a song or two, the archetypes are very blurry, etc... but it’s a great record in that the songs are great and stand on their own, which makes all the flaws of the concept slide into the background cause they don’t need to carry the record, it carries itself.

Love + Fear songs are bad, and even the best ones are underwhelming. No amount of concept behind it could’ve made it good. Concepts in and of themselves very rarely work out. Unless you’re pulling some Rosalia shit and doing a full fledged concept album with a story, characters and an actual ending, it’s just a way to tie the songs together.

The Love/Fear thing was just a way to tie the songs together. Had they been good, we would’ve had no problem with the concept to begin with. But they’re bad, and we’re blaming the concept for it, even though it’s not particularly bad, just lazy IMO

oooh what album cause I need to check this out

negAbhB.png

Can every hater just leave this thread?

Criticising an album does not equate to hating. Blindly supporting an artist and shielding them from criticism actually stifles their creativity and prevents them from being able to mature

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Criticising an album does not equate to hating. Blindly supporting an artist and shielding them from criticism actually stifles their creativity and prevents them from being able to mature

That’s very true, but there is VERY little, if any, constructive criticism in this thread. It’s mostly hate and it’s toxic, the mods’d have half a mind to lock this thread.

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

That’s very true, but there is VERY little, if any, constructive criticism in this thread. It’s mostly hate and it’s toxic, the mods’d have half a mind to lock this thread.

There has been plenty of constructive criticism. People, myself included, have addressed the poor lyrics, lack of inspiration, abysmal production, amongst others as things to be improved.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

There has been plenty of constructive criticism. People, myself included, have addressed the poor lyrics, lack of inspiration, abysmal production, amongst others as things to be improved.

God you really are hopeless

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Not gonna lie, I’m bored of reading this thread always expecting people to just bond over a mutual love of music and an artist - it’s turned into teenagers feeling over-entitled about what an artist decides to do for THEIR career and getting shitty with each other because everyone thinks their opinion means more than someone else’s. I personally loved L+F just as much as I did as all her other albums, and I know (and have seen) others don’t feel that way. Maybe it’s time to consider having a small reality check and that if you didn’t like the music, it doesn’t mean it was bad music, it just wasn’t for you on this occasion - then you get on with your day and maybe the next album will have something you enjoy. smfh

i suppose. but most of the "criticism" is just bitching that never ceases.

giphy.gif

we've got that clear since the album was released

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: