Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

12 hours ago, June Gloom said:

STILL waiting on INHA on streaming...

also still losing my mind over how she scrapped the only song this era everyone loved (Please Don't Call Me)

PDCM is really the direction she should've gone with for the album. it has the emotional depth that fans love her for. it fits the concept of love + fear perfectly and would've fared much better as a statement than pretty much everything that was released.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

15 hours ago, June Gloom said:

STILL waiting on INHA on streaming...

I wouldn't be surprised if the song never comes out. I'm still glad we got the version that leaked because it slaps (even tho it's a shitty stem edit)

Also, I never understood why she had problems with the production. The demo's production is alright, just kinda rough/cheap

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

All this talk about L+F makes me want to relisten to it and see how I feel about it now. I think I listened to it in full once last year and that's it. Don't remember a single song, maybe just parts of Baby which seemed kinda decent back them

18 hours ago, cellophane said:

All this talk about L+F makes me want to relisten to it and see how I feel about it now. I think I listened to it in full once last year and that's it. Don't remember a single song, maybe just parts of Baby which seemed kinda decent back them

I mean, Handmade Heaven, Superstar, Enjoy Your Life, True, End of The Earth, Karma, Emotional Machine, Too Afriad, Soft To Be Strong are all good.

:cuteface:

Emotional Machine is still the standout of the album, and easily one of her best songs imo. Please Don't Call Me and There's Nothing Wrong With You are good outtakes too.

20 hours ago, Loreen said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the song never comes out. I'm still glad we got the version that leaked because it slaps (even tho it's a shitty stem edit)

Also, I never understood why she had problems with the production. The demo's production is alright, just kinda rough/cheap

honestly in some way i get it but i mean the song already leaked, and she knows we would accept it as-is like?  at worst why not just toss the hq of the last version produced or even just of the demo that leaked?  it's just so weird that she was like #JusticeForINHA and actually talking about it and then just never mentioned it again LMAO

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

On 9/22/2020 at 5:08 AM, Party Favor said:

85% of L&F is filler, wbk. i def think she attempted a more mainstream sound with this album and failed majorly since the only songs i wouldn't consider filler are the ones with darker tones (save for handmade heaven). orange trees is honestly one of the worst songs i have heard in a while. 

Fully agree with all of this. The album itself is one of the worst albums I've listened to in years (except for maybe three songs which where listenable), and its a huge pity cause I've truly loved her earlier stuff. Hoping that her next album will be a good one, at least.

Ngl when I heard Emotional Machine for the first time I quaked at the chorus because it was really good and joyful

It's one of my favorites from the album but I still find the lyrics kinda wan

7 hours ago, Life said:

Please Don't Call Me and There's Nothing Wrong With You are good outtakes too.

I'll check these out too. Thanks!

Anyways, I've had various FROOT songs play in my mind for the past couple of days, from Weeds to Savages to Blue to Happy. Now that's a good album 

3 minutes ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

But we don't - listen to the way she sings 'there's no rush anymore'. It's very subtle, you might miss it if you aren't paying attention 

it's the same. comparing with my studio headphones and it even has that subtle vibrato on the "anymore".

Who really cares? The version that leaked is still a banger

fd7a7b729895e1632539e3d39f83bf34.gif