Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

TFJ, Electra, & Froot are still untouchable. The fact that she was so ahead of her time & didn’t get any proper label support during both eras & still managed to create 2 iconic records that have remained relevant over a decade later & influenced multiple other artists speaks volumes about her artistic abilities. I feel like she needs to stop over-refining & watering down herself. It’s wild how much better the demo versions of the L+F tracks are compared to the final mixes, especially “You”. I hope she comes back less polished & taps into that grittiness her artistry was bedazzled with at the beginning of her career. A double album with an Electra continuation the way Die Life was originally supposed to be would make her fans so happy. 

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

3 hours ago, AllForYou said:

I can't believe a 30 year old marina went off on a 23 year old charli about that photoshoot:toofloppy: iconic piece of pop culture but it was charlotte rutherford's fault not charli's:rip:

RIGHT LIKE 😭 marina at her big age should have known how those things work.. like girl it was an Ad for hairspray

6 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

TFJ, Electra, & Froot are still untouchable. The fact that she was so ahead of her time & didn’t get any proper label support during both eras & still managed to create 2 iconic records that have remained relevant over a decade later & influenced multiple other artists speaks volumes about her artistic abilities. I feel like she needs to stop over-refining & watering down herself. It’s wild how much better the demo versions of the L+F tracks are compared to the final mixes, especially “You”. I hope she comes back less polished & taps into that grittiness her artistry was bedazzled with at the beginning of her career. A double album with an Electra continuation the way Die Life was originally supposed to be would make her fans so happy. 

Speaking the truth through and through. 

I still want her to do another song similar to Obsessions. What a debut single! 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

7 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

this. I know she has it in her:oprah:

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

Speaking the truth through and through. 

I still want her to do another song similar to Obsessions. What a debut single! 

We had some good times during the EH era Rog! So many memories, the tiny chats were the best- I’d leak multitracks when we’d get up to a certain amount of members, everyone would be so happy & positive.. can’t believe that was a decade ago

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

8 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

she teased us with this grittiness on some tracks on ADIAML and I hope more tracks are like it on M6 :dua:

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

what I want for M6 is... better communication

I don't mean I want her posting on instagram/twitter everyday cause I know she doesn't like that and never has been like that, but with the poetry book she just said 'more to come soon' and the thing is with marina 'coming soon' can mean anything from 'tomorrow' to 'secretly cancelling it and never addressing it again' (aka the ADIAML vines) I feel like she might announce more on the poetry book on valentine's day, but who knows

another thing is she replied to a fan saying there would be a physical copy on instagram, but didn't say that on twitter or tumblr so if you're not combing her replies you wouldn't even know that, I'm sure she'll reiterate when she makes her proper post but I just feel like she shouldn't say anything or say it everywhere but that's just my non-marina opinion on announcements in general

I get it's a double edged sword though, like her teasing snippets we never got (INHA/'the day I was born') was obviously with the intention of releasing them (unless she really does hate us) and keeping us up to date.

12 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

We had some good times during the EH era Rog! So many memories, the tiny chats were the best- I’d leak multitracks when we’d get up to a certain amount of members, everyone would be so happy & positive.. can’t believe that was a decade ago

Right? There was so much positivism in the Fandom. Good times indeed. 

RIP Marina Boards

Too bad many new fans never got to experience how good it was to have Marina Boards.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

5 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I very highkey do not want M6 to be a poetry book with an audiobook counterpart :bebe: 

I don’t think anyone actually wants this poetry book do they? I cannot get ‘I was the type of girl to 𝓼𝔀𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀’ out of my head. 

I just want it asap so we can move on, I’m so curious to what an independent marina will do (prediction: it won’t magically fix everything) 

maybe she’s using this time to actually work on a concept for her new album, or she’s using the poetry to see what verses we like from it, which would actually be pretty clever

Remember this live when Marina was channeling (the mother of alternative pop) Kate Bush the entire time?

That last minute of the performance is EPIC!

Guilty is the perfect example of interesting writing skills, nice hooks and quirky production decisions. Ugh I miss that Marina so much. How come with each new album she seems more like a newcomer music-wise than during her first three albums?

20 hours ago, brandon said:

RIGHT LIKE 😭 marina at her big age should have known how those things work.. like girl it was an Ad for hairspray

that flopped at that like who's buying charli xcx hairspray i want her face on a shirt 😭

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

10 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

I cannot get ‘I was the type of girl to 𝓼𝔀𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀’ out of my head

same, it gives me flashbacks to when a teacher asked me and my friends whether we spit or swallow 

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

15 minutes ago, heavensentslut said:

that flopped at that like who's buying charli xcx hairspray i want her face on a shirt 😭

to be pedantic it was ‘perfume’, and in the UK the teenage girl equivalent of like lynx/axe for teenage boys so maybe marina was jealous of the promo:toofloppy: (I’m joking)

I think she was probably just upset she spent her money on the first FROOT photoshoot herself and it triggered her:rip: charlotte rutherford went onto work with charli for the pop 2 photoshoot (iconic) so it all worked out for charli in the end

2 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

to be pedantic it was ‘perfume’, and in the UK the teenage girl equivalent of like lynx/axe for teenage boys so maybe marina was jealous of the promo:toofloppy: (I’m joking)

I think she was probably just upset she spent her money on the first FROOT photoshoot herself and it triggered her:rip: charlotte rutherford went onto work with charli for the pop 2 photoshoot (iconic) so it all worked out for charli in the end

It was a womens deodorant I’m pretty sure? 

Marina is just snobby at times, she means well mostly and is obvious quite nice but you can tell she was raised upper middle class.

You often find these people can be in a bubble sometimes without realising 

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

It was a womens deodorant I’m pretty sure? 

Marina is just snobby at times, she means well mostly and is obvious quite nice but you can tell she was raised upper middle class.

You often find these people can be in a bubble sometimes without realising 

body mist/fragrance 

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

9 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

tbf id be slightly annoyed too, but I don't think she should've gone off at charli, rather charlotte 

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?