Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

On 3/31/2023 at 8:06 AM, evalionisameme said:

Your PFP is so messy :lmao:I love chaotic Marina l-  In all seriousness though I don’t think any record is coming out until her poetry era is over.

and this is why we need the outtakes x

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

On 3/30/2023 at 2:12 PM, AllForYou said:

I want her to do something but I’m also scared of her doing something:toofloppy:

This. 

The Diamonds trilogy was flawless. Then she went either hit or miss with most of the songs on her latest two albums. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I love her and it’s my second favorite song of her but I’m so sick of her teasing INHA. Release it or hush girl 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

On 4/5/2023 at 12:55 AM, 132 said:

it was a joke, dont hang me. i aint a witch

she's so annoying, her tweet after that was 'Is anyone else also perfectly happy doing nothing?' :awkney2:

idk how to word this without sounding unsympathetic (tbh I suppose I am a little) but she's talked about how social media makes her stressed but then she'll post something she knows will make her fans go wild.. I know stans will go feral at the slightest provocation, but she doesn't help herself when she does stuff like this

anyway, bets on her ignoring L+F's 4th anniversary? it's not a 'special' one after all. I was thinking the other day what terrible timing it was with the pandemic right after, to me it still sort of feels like 2020 and she just released this album recently:rip: ADIAML felt like an EP whilst we wait for a 'proper' album, which imo she just put that album ASAP so she could get out of contract

16 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

she's so annoying, her tweet after that was 'Is anyone else also perfectly happy doing nothing?' :awkney2:

idk how to word this without sounding unsympathetic (tbh I suppose I am a little) but she's talked about how social media makes her stressed but then she'll post something she knows will make her fans go wild.. I know stans will go feral at the slightest provocation, but she doesn't help herself when she does stuff like this

anyway, bets on her ignoring L+F's 4th anniversary? it's not a 'special' one after all. I was thinking the other day what terrible timing it was with the pandemic right after, to me it still sort of feels like 2020 and she just released this album recently:rip: ADIAML felt like an EP whilst we wait for a 'proper' album, which imo she just put that album ASAP so she could get out of contract

She put that album ASAP so we could forget L+F. We received it fairly well so now she can chill yet another year. She's becoming admittedly annoying. How come she can even stand for social justice when she's using all her wealth to doing nothing and basking in sunlight when she knows that her audience does not consist of old money or Las Vegas influencers. Venus Fly Trap was cute for a while but if she ever agains boasts about being a millionairess... if you don't know what to do with your money just give it to charity lmao.

original.gif

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

She put that album ASAP so we could forget L+F. We received it fairly well so now she can chill yet another year. She's becoming admittedly annoying. How come she can even stand for social justice when she's using all her wealth to doing nothing and basking in sunlight when she knows that her audience does not consist of old money or Las Vegas influencers. Venus Fly Trap was cute for a while but if she ever agains boasts about being a millionairess... if you don't know what to do with your money just give it to charity lmao.

that's true, I forgot to mention that, it's a combo of the two imo.

I just get this sense she doesn't know what to do with herself, if L+F was better received I think she would have put out whatever she had in mind M5 then retired in favour of songwriting (which she's mentioned in interviews, but not recent ones). although she says she doesn't mind 'being underrated' and being comfortable where her career is, I feel like she has this urge to end 'on a high' (who wouldn't?) but she can't connect to her fans about what this 'high' is. imo she genuinely doesn't seem to understand why people (not me personally) wanted savages 2.0 but don't like her political songs now.

like you said, what's relatable about being a 'millionairess' in LA taking pictures next to your pool when there's a global cost of living crisis? she used to be so switched on and now she's so out of the loop, which is 'fine' if you never post about politics on your social media, (I don't buy into the want for celebrities/influencers to weigh in on everything), but she desperately wants to be seen as some kind of activist whilst posting ill researched tweets:toofloppy:

18 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I think some of you could let up a tad-shes human and flawed-the hotel thing was tone deaf if she did visit it after her song whilst publishing it but she seems relatively nice overall

I didn’t mean to come off as too harsh:bebe: I do think she’s mostly a good person but I feel like she’s saying things she thinks we want us to hear rather than things than actually resonate with her

like in the case of the hotel thing, she’s profiting off her LGBT fanbase with an image of ‘being an activist’ or ‘shining a light on LGBT issues’ whilst directly putting money into the hands of a person literally killing LGBT people.

if she never mentioned it, then we wouldn’t know and wouldn’t hold her to that standard if that makes sense? 

I would prefer she talked about thrifting or something cause she actually cares about that:rip:

18 hours ago, 132 said:

Waiting for something

I thought we were getting more poetry soon but her tweet about bees is a quote from a book apparently :awkney2:

13 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

I didn’t mean to come off as too harsh:bebe: I do think she’s mostly a good person but I feel like she’s saying things she thinks we want us to hear rather than things than actually resonate with her

like in the case of the hotel thing, she’s profiting off her LGBT fanbase with an image of ‘being an activist’ or ‘shining a light on LGBT issues’ whilst directly putting money into the hands of a person literally killing LGBT people.

if she never mentioned it, then we wouldn’t know and wouldn’t hold her to that standard if that makes sense? 

I would prefer she talked about thrifting or something cause she actually cares about that:rip:

I thought we were getting more poetry soon but her tweet about bees is a quote from a book apparently :awkney2:

No-agreed the hotel thing was insane :xgiggle: