Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 hour ago, AllForYou said:

I do think she’s mostly a good person but I feel like she’s saying things she thinks we want us to hear rather than things than actually resonate with her

and ive never even wanted to hear this:oprah3: i hope she will come back to her own unique style the next record

her first 3 records are so different but each is so her....

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On 4/5/2023 at 7:55 AM, 132 said:

it was a joke, dont hang me. i aint a witch

nostalgia baiting ugh i hate her so much like ma release it already as a droplet or something

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

the way she cut Lana off for QFTC but now walking into that hotel :azealia:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

20 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

in man’s world she mentioned a hotel owned by a sheik that killed thousands of gay men, then proceeded to go to that hotel after the song was released. she posted it to her Instagram with ‘campest hotel in LA’ so she was pretty shameless about it.:rip:

Yh Marina & The Diamonds ended MARINA

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Marina & the Diamonds was a bitch but an honest one. 

MARINA is a bitch on disguise who acts like a higher moral person. 

Can MARINA die like Electra already? I miss Marina & the Diamonds so much. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Marina Diamandis, Marina & The Diamonds, Electra Heart >>>>>>>>>> MARINA

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Marina's Twitter account is now subscribed to Twitter Blue

UcwokAU_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

On 4/17/2023 at 9:42 PM, EXODUS said:

Marina & the Diamonds was a bitch but an honest one. 

MARINA is a bitch on disguise who acts like a higher moral person. 

Can MARINA die like Electra already? I miss Marina & the Diamonds so much. 

Manifesting she'll bring back & The Diamonds and release an album called The Revenge of The Diamonds making a return to serious songwriting and making the gays love her again 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

8 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

Manifesting she'll bring back & The Diamonds and release an album called The Revenge of The Diamonds making a return to serious songwriting and making the gays love her again 

:crying:

1 hour ago, Furor Poeticus said:

This is all I want from her. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

5 hours ago, Furor Poeticus said:

The way I want this so bad, but my realist brain keeps kicking in. Like,  she's 37. She was in her early-mid 20s with TFJ, she was she mid-20s with EH, and she was cresting 30 with Froot.

As a doddering old fuck 30-something myself, I can say that there's some grand perspective shifts and emotional changes that do come with age; and I think there's a certain energy and emotional tone that came out of the TFJ to Froot run that won't be able to be recaptured or recreated by her, just by virtue of having that much more life experience and wisdom and perspective.

L&F and ADIAML feel.....'softened' - there's just not the same attitude there anymore. TFJ had a punky, spunky, quirky energy to it. EH had this rebellious, sexy vibe that also managed to be politically aware and didn't undermine itself by doing so. Froot continued the theme, and it felt matured and sultry and swam in it's own emotions. But then L&F got a little tooooo mellowed out; and felt like it was asleep at the wheel, and ADIAML just tried way too hard - it's was too topical to a fault. (And I say all of this, finding something to love on ALL her albums, and generally enjoying all of them overall)

Her earlier albums pulled from her struggles with depression and anxiety, nods to eating disorders, hints at her own self loathing or career frustrations, etc. - things that all have deep emotional roots and deep emotional resonance with lots of people. Her last two albums...don't seem to go as deep, to me. They feel like they're from someone who's more relaxed with themselves, someone who's more relaxed with their career, someone who's not so hard on themselves anymore. She feels like she's turned the spotlight away from things that are drawing from within herself and are now drawing from an external source instead.

I just don't think she's got the mindset or the career positioning or the emotional stage to pull off anything like she did with TFJ-EH-Froot anymore.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

9 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

The way I want this so bad, but my realist brain keeps kicking in. Like,  she's 37. She was in her early-mid 20s with TFJ, she was she mid-20s with EH, and she was cresting 30 with Froot.

As a doddering old fuck 30-something myself, I can say that there's some grand perspective shifts and emotional changes that do come with age; and I think there's a certain energy and emotional tone that came out of the TFJ to Froot run that won't be able to be recaptured or recreated by her, just by virtue of having that much more life experience and wisdom and perspective.

L&F and ADIAML feel.....'softened' - there's just not the same attitude there anymore. TFJ had a punky, spunky, quirky energy to it. EH had this rebellious, sexy vibe that also managed to be politically aware and didn't undermine itself by doing so. Froot continued the theme, and it felt matured and sultry and swam in it's own emotions. But then L&F got a little tooooo mellowed out; and felt like it was asleep at the wheel, and ADIAML just tried way too hard - it's was too topical to a fault. (And I say all of this, finding something to love on ALL her albums, and generally enjoying all of them overall)

Her earlier albums pulled from her struggles with depression and anxiety, nods to eating disorders, hints at her own self loathing or career frustrations, etc. - things that all have deep emotional roots and deep emotional resonance with lots of people. Her last two albums...don't seem to go as deep, to me. They feel like they're from someone who's more relaxed with themselves, someone who's more relaxed with their career, someone who's not so hard on themselves anymore. She feels like she's turned the spotlight away from things that are drawing from within herself and are now drawing from an external source instead.

I just don't think she's got the mindset or the career positioning or the emotional stage to pull off anything like she did with TFJ-EH-Froot anymore.

I agree, she's admitted in a few interviews she can't write in the same way as she used too, she used to write from somewhere specific and now she writes more generally.

personally I would like to see her to move into making 'concept albums' if she doesn't want to touch on her personal life, akin to folklore by taylor or all the gods we can touch by aurora. I don't mean that I want her to don a wig and start playing electra heart again. (although I think electra heart is the type of woman to fake her death, I'm not really sure what marina could actually do with that.)  she could just dress up for music videos and the album shoot, as she's touched on how draining becoming and being electra heart was and this would keep it to a minimum.

imo she just thrives when she has a concept to work on, and I think that's what was missing with L+F and ADIAML. purge the poison (excluding the verses from her perspective) is a really good example of how well she works when she's using a different lens (mother nature) and ADIAML too.

i just want new music idec if its like floppy i need to hear her sing again

On 4/17/2023 at 11:09 AM, AllForYou said:

in man’s world she mentioned a hotel owned by a sheik that killed thousands of gay men, then proceeded to go to that hotel after the song was released. she posted it to her Instagram with ‘campest hotel in LA’ so she was pretty shameless about it.:rip:

IM SORRY THIS IS SO FUNNY

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

love + fear the 9/11 of music 

a second plane has hit the diamonds

and i don't seem to mind

Just now, evalionisameme said:

Isn’t that Britney jean and joanne :lmao:

Actually the album gave us orange trees so I’m inclined to agree…

joanne was GOOD...

and i don't seem to mind