Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I love that lots of people have taken well to this song, and that Marina loves it and it means a lot to her, and the aesthetics are beautiful. I'm just really not feelin it. It feels like I'm listening to the most boring song on the radio, to the point where I switch channel.

I think Fear is going to be the one for me

so far the backings on all four have been what makes me love them

superstar has beautiful octaves, baby has those low harmonies, handmade heaven has an amazing vocal mix all around and orange trees has that heavenly last chorus

xMcVPI7.jpg

this album really contains some of her worst songs EVER..what is going on ¿

I love the visuals of the music videos and the aesthetics as well as how she looks for this era. The music though? Awful. Really awful. 

giphy.gif

She wrote a whole song about Ellie Goulding stealing her bf

What song is that?

she just dropped the video omg

serving VISUALS

the parts when she's lying on the floor just looking at the camera, this woman is so beautiful  :defeated:

there's no need to lipsync every single "o-o-orange" looking at the camera tho 

I read your post before watching the video so once I watched it this bothered me so much like ghdfgjdbvlh girl just no

Love + Fame AOTY confirmed

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

SS, HH and OT seem so uninspired to me tbh...

You can defo see that they put a great deal of work on Baby, even though I don’t like it and I think it’s a stupid ass title. The melody was cute, the arrangement was cute, the lyrics kinda make sense... like it’s not a song for the generations to come to remember but it’s cute. The rest tho... like she deadass put more work in her GarageBand demos. They are so boring. The melodies are all over the place. And like I know a lot of people don’t give a fuck about the musical aspect but her early demos were SO much better than this. Like in songs like Starlight, Supermodel’s Legs, Pancake Karma etc... the music she played was much more interesting. Like even as far as chords are concerned they were much more diverse and interesting. And the lyrics...

Like it’s easy to brush off any kind of criticism as just people not adjusting to her new sound but it’s not just like that. She used to be much more interesting. From every point of view. I know y’all are happy she’s back and I’m too, but I don’t want a dummy that fails to imitate the Marina I used to love. I want Marina. And this is a watered down version of her

the amount of people (mostly on twitter) using the ‘edgy teen who hates seeing marina happy’ stuff or ‘u like basic pop when *blank* does it but not when marina does u hate marina!!!!1!1!1!’ bullshit is so funny just like the music in peace without being dumb damn

the amount of people (mostly on twitter) using the ‘edgy teen who hates seeing marina happy’ stuff or ‘u like basic pop when *blank* does it but not when marina does u hate marina!!!!1!1!1!’ bullshit is so funny just like the music in peace without being dumb damn

keep-saying-it-just-keep-saying-it-keep-