Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

EM was not ugly live

Those BGVs in the chorus gave me diarrhea the first time I listened to that live perfomance, but I already got into it :P

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

https://twitter.com/MarinaDiamandis/status/1111685703254056963

Interesting... I wonder if she is releasing the LOVE songs first more to please her label and for promotion, and maybe the FEAR songs are more for the stans and are more typical Marina 

She's too afraid to release Fear songs   :creep:

Someone did the copyright thing and the first snippet said track 8 end of the earth, the second one is obviously to be human, so they are two different songs. 

The copyright thing on Youtube says track 8 for everything, if I recall it also said track 8 for the TNWWY snippet.  Also the fact that Marina liked this tweet leads me to believe that both snippets are To Be Human

The copyright thing on Youtube says track 8 for everything, if I recall it also said track 8 for the TNWWY snippet. Also the fact that Marina liked this tweet leads me to believe that both snippets are To Be Human

I listened to both snippets one after the other and I think they could be the same song also

Eh, okay I listened to OT and SS in full finally. They aren't too bad but they aren't good. I just don't like bright pop like Orange Trees even if she does sound nice in it. And Superstar sounds like something I would have liked as a kid, that's all.

i don't wanna offend anyone, I LOVE MARINA. i payed and waited 12+ hours for her to be front row and i would do it again and again...

but she is the only artist i know that is getting constantly worse with every album release :rip: 

tfj > eh > f > this one :biblio:

i don't wanna offend anyone, I LOVE MARINA. i payed and waited 12+ hours for her to be front row and i would do it again and again...

but she is the only artist i know that is getting constantly worse with every album release :rip: 

tfj > eh > f > this one :biblio:

Let's wait for the other songs in LOVE and FEAR. We've only heard 4 songs.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

So far we got 4 songs (excluding EM, the studio version could sound wayy different). Baby’s a bop, kinda basic but not in the bad way. HH is amazing, I love everything about it. Superstar is kinda meh, kinda boring, but it’s cute in the context of the album, I def get why people dislike it tho. Orange Trees is a fun summer bop, gorgeous song imo.

(before any of y’all quote this with whateverthefuck, these are just personal opinions)

qfrWuBl.png

Let's wait for the other songs in LOVE and FEAR. We've only heard 4 songs.

You think that’s not enough?? It’s a fourth of the album... + the fact that these are the singles she chose to present the album

Like this is enough. Either the album is v consistent within itself and it’s all bad or it’s very inconsistent and it also has some good ass songs. Which is not a v good possibility either

You think that’s not enough?? It’s a fourth of the album... + the fact that these are the singles she chose to present the album

Like this is enough. Either the album is v consistent within itself and it’s all bad or it’s very inconsistent and it also has some good ass songs. Which is not a v good possibility either

This. Four regular to bad singles is enough to judge the quality of the album. Sure, there's a chance they are the worst, but there's a reason why she chose these songs to introduce the record.

From experience as a fan of multiple artists, singles are usually either the worst or the very best songs from an album.

No, it's not enough imo. We're getting 16 songs in total, 8 of them are under Fear which are probably gonna be very different to the ones under LOVE. I agree singles are a representation of an album but sometimes artists choose the wrong songs for singles or the most radio friendly ones so who knows if we end up liking the other songs more than the singles.

Worst case scenario, love ends up being a flop and Fear ends up being the superior album. But we can't know until it's released.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

The whole "Double Album" thing is still pretty blurry in my head.

IF it wasn't for the lq 3 seconds of "You" and Emotional Machine (Live), I would believe that Fear could be a totally different record from Love. Like, really, a different record packed with the other. Something like The Fame\The Fame Monster or Animal\Canniball. Both records have the same "root" that's dance-pop but they really go for different genres all over (yet, are still connected).

But for the teasers we have from Fear so far... It really doesn't sound too different. I mean, people were calling "You" a Troye Sivan demo back then and I can hear it. Nothin wrong with it at all, but I just don't believe that Fear will be a redemption over Love. They'll probably just sound the same, but at least Fear could be more "Marina" with themes and songwritting.

emotional machine lyrics were bad already BUT LET'S WAIT AND SEE.

Just as I mentioned before, the record will probably work as a whole but not with "singles".

i think people are just being overly dramatic little gays and should probably just enjoy the fact that Marina's putting out new music and didn't decide to totally pack in her career to help the same little whiney gays with their emotional issues through her psychology degree from a poorly ranked university.

I know her new music ain't the best. I know she can do better. I know her old stuff was much better.

But her new music is neither bad. It's actually very good. She's been serving fine bops, with good music videos.

Basically, she's pleasing the gays.

In other words: Just bop to music, it's not that deep.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I know her new music ain't the best. I know she can do better. I know her old stuff was much better.

But her new music is neither bad. It's actually very good. She's been serving fine bops, with good music videos.

i agree - she's literally doing what she does every album.

L+F doesn't sound like anything she's done. Electra doesn't sound like TFJ. FROOT doesn't sound like Electra or TFJ. L+F doesn't sound like FROOT, Electra, or TFJ. It's a pattern lol.

Her new music isn't even bad - it's like radio hits but actual work and thought have been put into them.

bop u fats

xMcVPI7.jpg

Agreed. She changed her stage name so she wouldn't feel confined to what people thought "Marina and the Diamonds" was so I find it surprising that everyone else is shocked that she is doing something different.

Yes it's more basic, some of the tracks have been choices and the lyrics just aren't there but really we can't expect her to write the same as she did 10 years ago writing TFJ or even 8 years ago writing EH (or keep to the same dated sound). It's disappointing that she does appear to be declining though. She was the first person I stanned back in 2010 when I first heard Hollywood when I was like 13 so to see her contemporaries continue to improve or at least keep to the same standard, but Marina slowly becoming more basic is sad but I'm just gonna take the bops and get over it.