Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Stay All Night with ALMA is still coming.

You released a few songs today, including "Stay All Night," which I heard might receive a remix with Marina on it eventually. Can you talk about that collaboration?

I've been following her for years, 'cause I love her and she's the best. She started following me and she messaged me, “Hey, I really wanna work with you,” and I was like, “Yeah, let's work!” Then in a couple hours, it was actually, “Do you just wanna collaborate on this song? I just made this and it's gonna be the next single and I think I wanna do a remixed version to get one of my idols to jump on it.” And she did it, and it was just so f--kin' amazing.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9332865/alma-interview-new-record-deal-debut-album

lABVyGE.png

Froot is probably my favorite piece of work. It contains nearly every shade of my personality and beliefs. I also just have such fond memories of the era and Marina during it. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Stay All Night with ALMA is still coming.

You released a few songs today, including "Stay All Night," which I heard might receive a remix with Marina on it eventually. Can you talk about that collaboration?

I've been following her for years, 'cause I love her and she's the best. She started following me and she messaged me, “Hey, I really wanna work with you,” and I was like, “Yeah, let's work!” Then in a couple hours, it was actually, “Do you just wanna collaborate on this song? I just made this and it's gonna be the next single and I think I wanna do a remixed version to get one of my idols to jump on it.” And she did it, and it was just so f--kin' amazing.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9332865/alma-interview-new-record-deal-debut-album

Nice to know we're still getting to hear the Marina version of Stay All Night and Alma didn't scrap it like we originally thought

Marina has cancelled her April "inbeweenie tour" dates due to coronavirus concerns. 

The following shows are affected:

April 11th - Las Vegas, NZ @ Brooklyn Bowl

April 14th - Santa Barbara, CA @ Arlington Theatre

April 15th - San Diego, CA @ Humphrey's

April 17th - Phoenix, AZ @ The Van Buren

Her April 12th & April 19th dates at Coachella are likely to be rescheduled for the new dates of the festival, yet to be announced. 

49666709406_d8932a773f_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I should have put them in my original post:

Like China Dolls - https://dbree.org/v/e97c5c

Bad Kidz (Demo) - https://dbree.org/v/5e6ee9

Plastic Rainbow (Demo) https://dbree.org/v/65e6ee

When were they recorded? I'm listening to the first one right now, sounds very TFJ-esque. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

OMG IM SO FUCKING HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 

I clearly remember Like China Dolls being a rumored title (just like Net Curtains) for YEARS on diamond garden but tbh everybody thought it was fake 

BUT IM SO HAPPY

it sounds a lot like troubled minds 

Wow, Like China Dolls seems to be an early conceptual version of what became Obsessions! So cool to hear the first idea of what this melody was used for, later to become her first official single x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

When were they recorded? I'm listening to the first one right now, sounds very TFJ-esque. 

2006!! One of her very first songs she uploaded to MySpace. Probably produced by the guy she found on Gumtree for £500

This is insane. Did someone hack her? These songs are from 2005/6ish and no one saved them from her myspace, this is insanity to me.

2006!! One of her very first songs she uploaded to MySpace. Probably produced by the guy she found on Gumtree for £500

This is insane. Did someone hack her? These songs are from 2005/6ish and no one saved them from her myspace, this is insanity to me.

I doubt anybody hacked her, if anything these have been floating around somebody's hard drive just like troubled minds and the rest of the demos did... I don't know why it took so long for them to be leaked tho

I doubt anybody hacked her, if anything these have been floating around somebody's hard drive just like troubled minds and the rest of the demos did... I don't know why it took so long for them to be leaked tho

These all seemed to produced by the same person as Philosopher's My Arse, Troubled Mind and This Is L.A. 

You can tell they are produced by someone else because they are significantly different from the tracks we know she produced herself (MvS and GMTM tracks) both in quality and style and also they were the earliest tracks uploaded to her MySpace, and she has said before she paid a guy to produced a few tracks for her but eventually didn't like the style so she tried herself. I'm wondering, what if the guy who produced them finally caught onto the fact that he produced for Marina sold them to a fag online, shit like that has happened with other leaks lol. Or yeah, maybe they did just lay about on a hard drive for years 

Also Plastic Rainbow is the first song she ever wrote so this could possibly be the first ever recording she ever did, so interesting.

Stuff like that this gives me hope that songs like Savior will one day leak (and sought after Lana songs too #JusticeforLifeIsBeautifulEvenIfIts2082)

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore