Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Why do you keep paying attention to him?

it’s called having a discussion, sweetie. y’know, what forums are meant for. just because i don’t share the same views it doesn’t mean it’s any less valid, vice versa.

:flutter: 

L+F isn’t lyrically deep and her vocals are very meh, but it is a solid pop album, and pleasing to the ear! Is it her best? No. Is it close? No. Is it her worst album? Probably. But is it terrible? No!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

L+F isn’t lyrically deep and her vocals are very meh, but it is a solid pop album, and pleasing to the ear! Is it her best? No. Is it close? No. Is it her worst album? Probably. But is it terrible? No!

T H I S, the songs might not be the best but all of them are at least listenable (plus we got gems such as Emotional Machine, TBH or HH)

In no way is L&F a "solid pop album". The production is bad, the lyrics are trite, and it doesn't do anything.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

In no way is L&F a "solid pop album". The production is bad, the lyrics are trite, and it doesn't do anything.

This, it sounds like it was created by a 2016 Spotify pop algorithm. These songs could have been done by any of the BlandGirlies whether it be Zara Larsson, Anne-Marie, Rita Ora, Bebe Rexha, Mabel, etc. Not a glimmer of personality or depth on the album besides HH.

The production is impeccable are you kidding. Y’all deaf

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

can we all take a sec and appreciate the backing vocals in Starring Role's bridge? Honestly, one of my fav Marina vocals EVER

(i'm not taking about the actual vocals of the bridge, I'm talking about the ones buried in there)

negAbhB.png

The production is impeccable are you kidding. Y’all deaf

I wouldn't say the production is "bad" per se. It's just a bit sterile. Not really taking any risks sonically, which isn't always necessary. But it doesn't sound very distinct. Like it could have been given to any other artist and I would've never thought anything of it. I wouldn't have hated it but I wouldn't have gone out of my way to listen to it. I wonder if a lot of us who've listened to L+F would revisit the album if it wasn't a Marina one.

giphy.gif

The worst song on TFJ (guilty?) is still like, an 7, and I'd say L+F peak is a 7 so... that's it for today.

I have no clue of someone that made an album that was just so hated as much as L+F. Like it's worst than ARTPOP since nowdays people at least pretendto like ARTPOP

There is not a bad song on TFJ lol

Anyway, stream ARTPOP by Lady Gaga since it's her best album 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: