Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I wonder if a lot of us who've listened to L+F would revisit the album if it wasn't a Marina one.

That's actually my main complaint about L+F. It's void of any character. Completely faceless, down to it's imagery. Any generic pop girl could've put it out. L+F could literally be a Rita Ora album and no one would bat an eyelash.

自由になる自由がある

the way i just cackled at this. but yeah, sonically it’s her most interesting but that doesn’t mean it’s good.

i do agree its the sonically most interesting but i was just shocked since it's been a while since i've heard someone say TFJ is her worst work lol. back when we only had her first two albums, tumblr bitches (aka the majority of her fanbase) were convinced TFJ was her worst, and then the bitching moved from TFJ to froot when it came out in 2015. and after L+F came out most of the critiques were focused on that work as we all know lmao . when i read "tfj is her worst album" i had flashbacks to the girls and gays' tumblrs that reblogged nothing but teen idle and bubblegum bitch lyrics  :illumarina:

TFJ is a staple in her career not only cuz its her debut but also bc it's messy and weird. and personally, i think the "jangly keyboard" element that the album brings is charming.

but you're ofc entitled to ur opinion regardless of how much i disagree w you  :rollin:

also

I thought that the lyrics to Karma didn't fit it's actual production

the instrumental is rather light and Orange Tree-ish sounding, very unfitting with lyrics so deep(ish? idk how to describe them)

negAbhB.png

In no way is L&F a "solid pop album". The production is bad, the lyrics are trite, and it doesn't do anything.

I disagree heavily. It might not be as unique as Froot, but the production is pretty amazing and there are some great lyrics in there. The production on songs like End of the Earth, Believe in Love, and Enjoy Your Life are great. As much as I love TFJ, Love + Fear is a better put together album and way more polished. 

I listened to L+F once when it came out and never again. Speaks for itself really

Actually, it doesn't. 

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it sucks. Music is subjective.

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it has no artistic value.

I mean, I dislike Beyoncé's songs but that don't mean she sucks.

No, it's not. There is no originality or personality to the production, just like every other aspect of the record.

Don't agree with you on the originality bit but personality-wise, yes. I liked L+F, not as much as her previous albums but it's still something a listen to some times.

But yeah, the album has no personality at all, lyrics and production-wise. 

I think the problem was she had too much time to do it, had a previous concept then started from scratch then wanted to add some songs from the other concept and well, it became this. I think she got lost, really

However, one person here said when it got released, that L+F isn't a bad album at all, it's just "bad" by Marina's standards

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

OMG I forgot Marina wrote a song about killing a dog with technicolour hair lol

Off topic, but where is that Gif in your sign from?

I disagree heavily. It might not be as unique as Froot, but the production is pretty amazing and there are some great lyrics in there. The production on songs like End of the Earth, Believe in Love, and Enjoy Your Life are great. As much as I love TFJ, Love + Fear is a better put together album and way more polished.

Polished production ≠ amazing production. There is nothing sonically interesting about the album, it's literally the same as any track on a Spotify playlist. TFJ had a messier production that worked for it because it helped to give it a sense of originality + rawness to the record that is lacking. Yes there may be some good lyrics in there, but they are far and few between and for the most part are trite garbage.

Actually, it doesn't.

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it sucks. Music is subjective.

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it has no artistic value.

I mean, I dislike Beyoncé's songs but that don't mean she sucks.

Don't agree with you on the originality bit but personality-wise, yes. I liked L+F, not as much as her previous albums but it's still something a listen to some times.

But yeah, the album has no personality at all, lyrics and production-wise.

I think the problem was she had too much time to do it, had a previous concept then started from scratch then wanted to add some songs from the other concept and well, it became this. I think she got lost, really

However, one person here said when it got released, that L+F isn't a bad album at all, it's just "bad" by Marina's standards

Are you 12? "music is subjective!!111".....obviously it's my opinion. But there is NOTHING on the record that is unique or different.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Polished production ≠ amazing production. There is nothing sonically interesting about the album, it's literally the same as any track on a Spotify playlist. TFJ had a messier production that worked for it because it helped to give it a sense of originality + rawness to the record that is lacking. Yes there may be some good lyrics in there, but they are far and few between and for the most part are trite garbage.

Are you 12? "music is subjective!!111".....obviously it's my opinion. But there is NOTHING on the record that is unique or different.

Honey I think you’re 12 if you can’t accept that people have differing opinions that you. We get it, you don’t like it. You don’t have to say that every five fucking minutes. It’s like HarvieWeinstienz or whatever his name is all over again but worse. Get a grip!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Lmao do you always have to be rude when other people don't have the same opinion as you?

It's getting old, girl. Don't stay bitter 'cause that shit makes you wrinkle faster

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif