Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

EH started off with good videos but she kinda lost it once she gave up on the album

she kinda had to give up cause she caused her label to go bankrupt after HTBAH the last 4 videos are embarrassingly cheap 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

she kinda had to give up cause she caused her label to go bankrupt after HTBAH the last 4 videos are embarrassingly cheap 

this. but to be fair, she pulled through with Lies. it's very simple but it's a good video and very beautiful.

自由になる自由がある

so you're telling me Lies is about a ugly white man, and here i was in 2016 using Lies as my break up song about a ugly white guy i dated? my mind  :makeup:

Also this is one of her most iconic pieces of her career

how did you guys get into marina?? please tell me im not the only one who found her by playing oh no! on just dance like a zillion times

I was taking a vacation to Rhode Island a few months after Electra Heart was released and Primadonna played on the radio. 

For some reason, I thought the song was sung by Katy Perry. So it was a shock to me after I looked up the lyrics!

This isn't her best but is my favorite music video of Marina ever. I love everything about it, the visuals, the colors, her beauty, the hidden satire, everything.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

I really need Purge the Poison

YES  :poordat:

1o0m8bldrh551.png

how did you guys get into marina?? please tell me im not the only one who found her by playing oh no! on just dance like a zillion times

I WISH that was how I found her bc Oh No! Is my favourite of her videos. 

But no, I found her from Tumblr in 2013 of course.

I think it was HTBAH, but I really got into her after hearing Fear & Loathing and Lies. It went perfectly with Lanas BTD sad girl era, having just discovered her 6 months prior I believe. 

Hollywood and Oh No! really blew up on the german radio back in the day. After that, I saw her performance during the New Pop Festival in Baden Baden on TV and I really fell in love with her. Especially The Outsider, Mowgli's Road and the Starstruck cover clicked with me. After that I bought her album and really enjoyed it. And of course, the whole Electra Heart concept-album really fascinated teenage-me.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This edit outsold TFJ

This used to be my midnight comfort song in middle school

oh....I've never heard this before! gave me a new appreciation for the song so thanks for sharing!!!   :)

Can’t believe Electra Heart died 7 years ago today.

To think she’s chilling with the 27 club rn despite being a fictional enigma... power!

Pay some respects to the backbone of tumblr culture today pls

Also leak Die Life

"Britney shaved her head and all we did was call her crazed" line appreciation

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

On 8/9/2020 at 8:17 PM, Veinsineon said:

Can’t believe Electra Heart died 7 years ago today.

To think she’s chilling with the 27 club rn despite being a fictional enigma... power!

Pay some respects to he backbone of tumblr culture pls

Also leak Die Life

:worship:  :worship:  :worship: