Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I've listened to the new demos. They sound less boring and they prove that the album final production is way too polished and had had some potential, yet, still, the lyrics are meh. I'm getting a bad feeling that she doesn't know how to make a solid ballad anymore; she seems stuck in a cliched theme of Happy from FROOT, which at first was beautiful but now it is the same thing over and over. If I hear her "now I feel like I belong" kind of phrase once more I'm gonna scream. Of course we had a theme of her life/father/Hollywood hatred throughout the years but at least tracks sounded different. Remember the instrumentalisation of Rootless????? And now she thinks she can use piano and it'll be a wonderful track. No, honey, it won't.

Anyway, I still have faith in her new project. :pray2:  

original.gif

11 hours ago, new gods said:

umm yeah all songs start out that way...? her froot demo sounded like literal dog shit and look what it turned into

Yeah, nothing wrong with it, it's just because it also does sound like her early garage band demos, there's some "specific sound" on it lol.

I hate how we haven't gotten outtakes and demos leaked from her FROOT era :(

TFJ has a lot of demos and outtakes (including pre-TFJ demos)
EH too (mostly Die Life demos)
L+F too (mostly outtakes)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

It reminds me a lot of Allie X's Cape God promo photos.  She looks really great and the aesthetic she's got going on is giving me hope! Super excited that a new era is coming so soon

I can't find the post on here, maybe I saw it elsewhere, but the font is from La Dolce Vita Film. It's defintely odd but with that context I am enjoying the prospect of the aesthetics from this era 

71BB8oufC4L._AC_SY741_.jpg

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore