Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

So... I suppose the song was written in early 2019 since the second verse's about the sultan of Brunei (owner of The Beverly Hills Hotel) n his failed stoning law. Homosexuality is still illegal on Brunei though so I appreciate the second verse more

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/22/brunei-defends-stoning-death-gay-sex-letter-eu

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/06/world/asia/brunei-gays-stoning-execution.html

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

2 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

LMFAO what the hell is this

theres so much going on in this its like the more you look the worse it gets

Marina’s ass got fatter when she dropped the book.

fat asses >>>> brains 

:azealia:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

3 minutes ago, MagdaleneRay said:

I swear to God she gets like physically prettier every new era, she looks the best she ever has in the promo photos for the new single 

Kind of random but related to her beauty ahaha, when I was in London (right before Froot came out) I walked past her and two of her friends walking into WarnerBros.Music and she was the most gorgeous woman that had existed, she looked like a literal Greek goddess - I had to doubletake and just stared with my mouth open

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

6 minutes ago, Roses of Saigon said:

Marina’s ass got fatter when she dropped the book.

fat asses >>>> brains 

:azealia:

and apparently only got cheekbones after Electra Heart

god 5 year old me could make something better in MS Paint lmfao

negAbhB.png

2 minutes ago, yayoop said:

Kind of random but related to her beauty ahaha, when I was in London (right before Froot came out) I walked past her and two of her friends walking into WarnerBros.Music and she was the most gorgeous woman that had existed, she looked like a literal Greek goddess - I had to doubletake and just stared with my mouth open

Its funny cause she’s more recently been more vocal about rejecting conventional beauty standards and its not like she’s trying to fit into that mould but she’s literally just becoming prettier

15 minutes ago, MagdaleneRay said:

Its funny cause she’s more recently been more vocal about rejecting conventional beauty standards and its not like she’s trying to fit into that mould but she’s literally just becoming prettier

It’s always the prettiest ones who reject the beauty standards :lel: jk but she seems to be living a happier life and it is showing, she is glowing

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

2 hours ago, MagdaleneRay said:

I swear to God she gets like physically prettier every new era, she looks the best she ever has in the promo photos for the new single 

She has a clean diet, exercises daily, doesn't smoke or vape and doesn't pump chemicals into her face. Of course she's gorgeous. She takes good care of herself.  :tyvm:

24 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

She has a clean diet, exercises daily, doesn't smoke or vape and doesn't pump chemicals into her face. Of course she's gorgeous. She takes good care of herself.  :tyvm:

Is this merna hiding behind a kali fan account

14 hours ago, godsmonster said:

have you ever had your heart broken? genuine question.

the song isnt cheap and about nothing, it actually makes a lot of sense, especially with feelings that come after a bad breakup. a lot of toxic dating habits do come from a place a fear

yes i've had, several times. i'd rather listen to electra heart ballads and if not, lana del rey or lykke li. here it just doesn't work (for me). the song is kinda cute but that's all. sorry to say that.

original.gif

i will not accept soft to be strong slander :lolliney: it’s one of the more listenable songs from the album, and one of the more personal sounding. do not get the hate! it’s actually the song that made me change my opinion of the album from being ‘bad’ to ‘average’ :awkney: the bridge is raw and honest while being simplistic, very powerful indeed! 

for me it perfectly encapsulates the feeling of finally confronting the lingering feelings left over from an ex from years ago, and finally accepting that you’ve been wronged and need to find a way to just take it on the chin and move on

RVhKIwP.gif

Well, glad that many of you like it. But for me it seems a little bit inauthentic of hers because, you know, she's been in a healthy, I hope, relationship for years, and it is the album that also has songs about how deeply in love she is, which in my opinion deliver real feelingmuch better. This track was co-written by Nowels and it shows. We're talking about a woman who was able to write Teen Idle, Numb and Buy the stars on her very own; of course I'm going to judge her harsher.

(still, don't get me wrong! in my labelling this song is not bad, it's just mediocre.)

original.gif