Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

theres a marina discord. google discord, make an account and look for the channel "handmade heaven". i think its the biggest marina community atm. 

if you dont like discord, try reddit/Marina ! :)

lol rip DiamondGarden

negAbhB.png

Well...

It's certainly a step in the right direction, but overall it's still only "okay" to me. I think the lyrics are great, I was worried this was going to be another "raised index finger" kind of affair, so that's a good thing. On the other hand, I still miss that sarcastic/cynical style of writing she used to have, it just gave her music so much personality. The production is whatever, better than on L+F, but that's hardly an accomplishment. Her vocals sound muffled, as others have already remarked, and something about them gives me a slight headache. I can't quite put it into words, but something about her vocal delivery changed with L+F, and since then it's somehow been harder for me to listen to her voice. Did she change her singing technique, or are her vocals produced or processed differently? No idea.

But yeah, it's a step in the right direction, now let's pray for the album.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

17 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Well...

It's certainly a step in the right direction, but overall it's still only "okay" to me. I think the lyrics are great, I was worried this was going to be another "raised index finger" kind of affair, so that's a good thing. On the other hand, I still miss that sarcastic/cynical style of writing she used to have, it just gave her music so much personality. The production is whatever, better than on L+F, but that's hardly an accomplishment. Her vocals sound muffled, as others have already remarked, and something about them gives me a slight headache. I can't quite put it into words, but something about her vocal delivery changed with L+F, and since then it's somehow been harder for me to listen to her voice. Did she change her singing technique, or are her vocals produced or processed differently? No idea.

But yeah, it's a step in the right direction, now let's pray for the album.

lol u summarized my opinion  I was going to write. hopefully there is a line or two in the album with that cynical lyricism we are used to 

14 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think the The sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah needs a bullet in his skull..or anybody who supports sharia law/stoning of LGBT for that matter.  I’m glad Marina dragged him 

This is why I didn't cringe at that line, it's sadly the truth and I was living for that drag she gave him

The same thing goes to the Britney line in PTP. I understand Britney shaving her head was an awful/better-to-forget time in her career/pop culture but she received some negative comments from the media & press and that's what Marina wanted to convey (to me), the media just made the things worse 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The song is okay to good. Nothing extraordinary but cute for sure. The lyrics sound way better after listening to the song, reading them was another story. The production is kinda boring but way better than anything in L+F. I think there's hope guys! 

I give it a 7.5/10, it's a good start. Can't wait for the full album. :fabcat:

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

the album comes out in march?

I think that's just the 7" vinyl.

However, it would make sense bc I bet they want these sales (that will be shipped on the 12th) to count for the album release, and since they gotta be shipped till the release day, it would really make sense. Also, 12/03 is a Friday :judgingu3:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

2 hours ago, Loreen said:

She basically confirmed in the Vogue Interview that she knew her fans didn't like L+F and therefore she wanted to write the new record herself and produce it with one person like FROOT. Also, it's sociopolitical

At least her boyfriend didn't produce anything <3

Bye bye Clean Bandit! 

14 minutes ago, Downtown Baby Doll said:

The vinyl is sold out (?)

Marina getting them coins 

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

the album comes out in march?

I guess April 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

a concept tracklist:legend:cant wait for a greek feminist aesthetic 

COSMOS
1. Cosmos

2. Man’s World

3. Happy Loner

4. Thunderstorm

5. Pink Convertible 

6. Water Under the Bridge

7. Echoes of a Broken Soul
8. Purge the Poison

9. Garden of Evil

10. Medusa’s Head

11. Mount Olympus

I really like the song! Definitely a step in a good direction. The sheik/killing gay men lines success was all up to delivery and I think she pulled it off and it’s quite effective! Color me excited for the next record. 

i actually never really cared for handmade heaven so this is a much better era start for me :lolliney:

2 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

Ok this is so good!! I just sort of hate the sheik line. But the melody/production/voice and the rest of the lyrics are excellent. Sorry to beat a dead horse but yes this is the best thing she’s done since froot. 

the way a line about gay murders is followed up by a sassy gay empowerment mood with the "campy hotel".

i can't tell if it's just cause i havent worn the song out enough, or if it really just is that clunky.

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

1 hour ago, sexyslutboy said:

the way a line about gay murders is followed up by a sassy gay empowerment mood with the "campy hotel".

i can't tell if it's just cause i havent worn the song out enough, or if it really just is that clunky.

I mean she's obviously talking about the irony of it

Maybe that's why she and Lala aren't friends anymore because Lala and her friends kept going there last year :blush3:

Anyway it's a good song

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream