Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

:judgingu: That's a bit harsh. Not the greatest thing but she looks beautiful and the song is amazing so it all works out.

Yeah, she does look beautiful, I just wish it was a fashion video or a photo shoot.

Oh, it already was?

Then BORING.

Not gonna lie, though, I did have several good giggles yesterday impersonating her dramatic arm movements.

Yeah, she does look beautiful, I just wish it was a fashion video or a photo shoot.

Oh, it already was?

Then BORING.

Not gonna lie, though, I did have several good giggles yesterday impersonating her dramatic arm movements.

Somebody mentioned how the video and the one where she is standing with a guy is like the end of the Electra Heart era and I get it. The video is nostalgic, romantic and even hopeful.... well to me it is. Haha.

And a lot of her lyrics are actually really meaningful but it's mostly on her older/unreleased songs because her record label is trying to make her more pop-ish in my opinion. Like the song troubled minds is absolutely beautiful as an example. Some of my fave lyrics of hers are

"We can kill for the dust we need to fill these hands, can't depend on a friend that will understand, hate the glitter we have murdered the dream, just remember things are always what they seem"

"We don't own our heavens no we only own our hell."

"You could buy up all the stars but it wouldn't change who you are you're still living life in the dark it's just who you are."

"You've a massive heart but you're a fucked up kid and we sow what we reap."

"I never felt like a princess, I used to kid myself in this dress that it was just how things were meant to be."

"The day has come where I have died only to find I've come alive."

She's similar to Lana in that her songs actually have meaning and aren't just mainstream pop shit and i think shes actually a very good songwriter and I can relate a lot to her songs but everyone has an opinion (:

It is so wierd how much Marina looks like my friend georgia. I think its just the smile really but lol they're really alike when you see georgia in real life and shes laughing. Her laugh is like marina's. The eyes and the mouth. Sorry about the size differences

wkfccQq.jpg  zdgfNbz.jpg

lH7Zs6V.gif      

I'd bet it the Calvin Harris song

It sure sounds like it :assad:

Hoping it is...then I won't have to label it 'Marina & the Diamonds,' but 'Calvin Harris feat. Marina & the Diamonds.'  :D 

Speaking of which, Andrew, were any of his songs with Ke$ha ever registered? I'd really, really like to hear some of them. :/

When do you think we'll get that new song especially if it is the Calvin collab? I mean why she preview it if it wasn't coming soon, right?

08.08.13 :oprah:

Glad there's a little more Marina talk here today, I've been listening to her a lot in prep for the upcoming concert. I made a "cohesive" version of Electra Heart and it just :legend: