Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

a nywa y...

can she announce the promo or 2nd single? I have overplayed Man's World so much

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I feel like Man's World is a return to form but sadly this is the main single of all her eras that I have played the less. 

I adore the production and her voice but to me the lyrics just don't click in me. 

I'm sure there will be songs I will absolute adore in the record 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

44 minutes ago, Roger said:

I feel like Man's World is a return to form but sadly this is the main single of all her eras that I have played the less. 

I adore the production and her voice but to me the lyrics just don't click in me. 

I'm sure there will be songs I will absolute adore in the record 

I’ve always thought that her singles weren’t the best tracks from her albums so I have a lot of hope. From some of the other snippets we’ve heard, there are some absolute gems on the new album.

Also, after everything that happened with L+F, I’d imagine that her record company (or possibly Marina herself) feels more comfortable going with safe single options. More radio friendly, easy on the ears and mind, and less boundary pushing, ya know? A smooth transition into her new album, I guess

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

10 hours ago, Electric Body said:

Uhm ... Mowgli's Road, Obsessions, Oh No!, I Am Not A Robot, Froot and I'm A Ruin say no.

And Numb, The Outsider, Valley Of The Dolls, Buy The Stars, Living Dead, End Of The Earth, etc... tells those tracks to fuck off.

TFJ and Froot single choices were (more or less) a serve, I’ll give u that. BUT the other albums’ single choices?? It’s a big fat no from me

7 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

And Numb, The Outsider, Valley Of The Dolls, Buy The Stars, Living Dead, End Of The Earth, etc... tells those tracks to fuck off.

TFJ and Froot single choices were (more or less) a serve, I’ll give u that. BUT the other albums’ single choices?? It’s a big fat no from me

Handmade Heaven though...

7 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

In EH she/her team clearly wanted radio-friendly tracks, that's why we got Radioactive, Primadonna, Lies, HTBAH and P&C, even though Homewrecker, Bubblegum Bitch or Teen Idle and all other ballads are absolutely amazing and they shape the record much better.

original.gif

3 hours ago, Loreen said:

Handmade Heaven though...

Handemade Heaven ain’t it either. Every track from TFJ and most tracks from EH and Froot piss all over HH.

The piano demo was good tho

3 hours ago, vrtvie said:

In EH she/her team clearly wanted radio-friendly tracks, that's why we got Radioactive, Primadonna, Lies, HTBAH and P&C, even though Homewrecker, Bubblegum Bitch or Teen Idle and all other ballads are absolutely amazing and they shape the record much better.

I know. That was one of the points in my original post. That’s why I am very hopeful for her next album. The gems aren’t gonna be the singles. They’re gonna be the random tracks

3 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

Handemade Heaven ain’t it either. Every track from TFJ and most tracks from EH and Froot piss all over HH.

I strongly have to disagree because Handmade Heaven it's in fact one of the best songs on L+F, and even the best track to some people (including me). It's a really good song imo

3 minutes ago, Loreen said:

I strongly have to disagree because Handmade Heaven it's in fact one of the best songs on L+F, and even the best track to some people (including me). It's a really good song imo

Woah woah woah. I never said it was bad compared to the other songs on L+F. Handmade Heaven and End of the Earth were L+F’s saving grace.

I just meant in comparison to 99.9% of her older songs on her past albums, it’s not that good. It’s alright, just meh

29 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I just meant in comparison to 99.9% of her older songs on her past albums, it’s not that good. It’s alright, just meh

I still have to disagree because Handmade Heaven is especially good that's already essential on her discography :creep: :creep: :creep:

I have been a LONG stan of Marina and I must say, the newer tracks sound much more SJW and like a college student project. No hate there, obviously, but I miss the emotional and heavier stuff we saw frequently in TFJ, Electra Heart, and FROOT. While I obviously stand by the lyrics in Mans World, I can't sit here and act like its anything new that we haven't yet heard before. I know she was miserable writing most of her other records due to heavy commercial push and collaboration, but I can't lie when I say I think its some of her best work. I adore Marina, but I think sometimes she needs to be pushed a bit, otherwise we get more bland things like L+F which I played once and never could again. It just didn't "Stick" with me like Electra Heart or FROOT did and I REALLY tried. 

EDIT: Afterthought, I just am getting sick of heavy "the world sucks theres why" songs and that may be a personal thing. It just feels kinda cliche, and overdone. I agree with all of it and am very progressive, but I just kinda, idk. It just feels contrived sometimes or something. 

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif