Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Gold is such a carefree breezy song, I love it, it makes me feel really confident just the way she feels after some rough time

I, as much as many of you, don't hold L+F on a high pedestal compared to the rest of her discography, but it's not like she HAS to release a better album after a great or excellent past release, even her peers (Lana, Charli, Bat for Lashes, Poppy, Ellie, Allie X, Mitski, etc.) all of them have released at least one album that fans believe are not a worth follow up (two exceptions: BANKS because she has 3 albums only and all have been consistent in quality but she might release something in the future that people might not like, the other exception is Sky Ferreira, girl has NO bad album because in her 10+ years of career only has released one lol).

Fuck, even Björk and Kate Bush have one or two albums that are not flawless and we all know they are legendary singer-songwriters with powerful production skills and even tech savy (mixing, mastering...) and they are huge influences on Marina and her peers.

Every day I read someone saying shit about Weeds, Gold and L+F and it's kinda funny because they tolarate shit songs released by others but they forget that Marina is a human too hopefully around of the same age of you all (I'm 28, so I get her during her struggles as an adult around her age) and believe me... you see life differently, you get to stop seeing everything so black and white (the way she did on her first two albums) and you feel that need to just experiment on being carefree while also being confident and trying to hold your shit together avoiding being irresponsable. 

As much as I don't like Orange Trees as the rest of her songs, or as much as I believe that L+F is not her strongest piece of work, I feel so sure that all those songs and all those albums are worth being there in her discography because they are part of her growth as a person and as an artist. 

I'm sure one day I'll be in either Greece or Cancun and I'll play Orange Trees and feel just in the same fucking mood that Marina was when she wrote and recorded that song.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 1/4/2021 at 5:13 AM, drewby said:

Froot has gotten stupid expensive on Discogs if you can even find a copy now. I fucked up not getting the white diamond copy earlier this year for $70

I dread to think how much my signed box set is worth now.

:toofloppy:

14 minutes ago, caughtuboy said:

Yall see the Fly ft. Tove Lo snippet on dbree? https://dbree.org/v/3311be

I wonder if it's real, it sounds like a banger. Also, I always see "Karma exclusive" but I can't seem to figure out who Karma is exactly lol?? like who/where are these leaks coming from

ohhhh what is this :defeated: 

lABVyGE.png

55 minutes ago, caughtuboy said:

I wonder if it's real, it sounds like a banger. Also, I always see "Karma exclusive" but I can't seem to figure out who Karma is exactly lol?? like who/where are these leaks coming from

iirc there is a marina server named karma. Most leaks these days originate on discord somewhere 

4 hours ago, caughtuboy said:

it seems fake for me

3 hours ago, Mind Melt said:

i really hope they get her as a guest judge for the third season on drag race uk.. if not the least they could do is a lip sync song, her music is perfect for it 

A few years ago, cannot recall when, there was a rumour that they were going to use FROOT for a lipsync. It was on some All Stars.

People believed (me included) because the insider who said it was right on everything they previously said about that season (lipsync songs, order of eliminations, etc). 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

4 hours ago, caughtuboy said:

Too good to be true 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

40 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

A few years ago, cannot recall when, there was a rumour that they were going to use FROOT for a lipsync. It was on some All Stars.

People believed (me included) because the insider who said it was right on everything they previously said about that season (lipsync songs, order of eliminations, etc). 

they' probably got the permissions to use it, and just haven't yet/decided not to. its happened before!

idc im manifesting it into existence, marina will be on S3 and one of her songs will be used for a lip sync!!!

5 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

While I love Froot, I don't know if it is the best song to be lip synced to. Oh No! has big potential too.

Strangely, I always hated Oh no! and I never listen to it. I think it was a big mistake to put this single forward. But it's a fun song and Marina was funny in the clip (and yes I kinda miss that young and carefree part of her but time flies and so it is)

3 hours ago, vrtvie said:

While I love Froot, I don't know if it is the best song to be lip synced to. Oh No! has big potential too.

If we do get a Marina lipsync, I imagine it’ll be to IANAR, Hollywood, Oh No! or Primadonna since they are her only hits here

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

MUNA Remix slaps so hard 

Love it!! 

I adore the fact that with her new manager we get decent artworks for a stripped version or remixes. Jess could never. Using L+F album cover for absolutely everything besides HH single.

original.gif

6 hours ago, Yosemite said:

This Man's World (MUNA Remix) is half a bop, ngl :twirls:

2 hours ago, Roger said:

MUNA Remix slaps so hard 

Love it!! 

lmao as a Finn I find the title of the remix just a little bit ironic as the word 'muna' is Finnish for 'egg' but also 'dick' :defeated: