Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

31 minutes ago, DaddyKnows said:

I think the problem isn't just a manager, but a change of record label, since she also left Neon Gold. Now Atlantic is doing literally what RCA did with Brooke Candy, Tinashe, Normani and so many others. They want investment and return, which is clearly not happening, and when that happens, they leave the artist on their own, dropping a piece here and there until they give up. However, it also depends on her, if she feels comfortable where she is, there's nothing to do, but they could at least see the feedback that fans are giving. She still has potential, but it all depends on her, imo.

well, we can’t say she hasn’t tried before... she did actually. And way harder. The point is that now it seems different, like she randomly remembers sometimes but that’s it... it’s just like she herself doesn’t give a damn anymore 

1 hour ago, DaddyKnows said:

I think the problem isn't just a manager, but a change of record label, since she also left Neon Gold. Now Atlantic is doing literally what RCA did with Brooke Candy, Tinashe, Normani and so many others. They want investment and return, which is clearly not happening, and when that happens, they leave the artist on their own, dropping a piece here and there until they give up. However, it also depends on her, if she feels comfortable where she is, there's nothing to do, but they could at least see the feedback that fans are giving. She still has potential, but it all depends on her, imo.

I don't think she left Neon Gold, she still is on the roster on their site and they have been posting about every Man's World remix on socials.

自由になる自由がある

47 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

well, we can’t say she hasn’t tried before... she did actually. And way harder. The point is that now it seems different, like she randomly remembers sometimes but that’s it... it’s just like she herself doesn’t give a damn anymore 

That's the point of being a 30-something-year old woman who already achieved success she wished for. We all would love to hear something new but I don't understand your impatience, especially in such cruel covid-19 times. I personally don't care anymore if she promotes her album or not as long as it sounds good.

original.gif

ok this is a weird question but do y'all think marina is transphobic? i saw somebody on twitter make a comment on it and i don't get if i misinterpreted or if there's some tea i don't know about 

edit: i have to say it was years ago nothing recent 

she literally included a man dressed like a woman in her last music video and collaborated with a drag queen (not to mention her having private gay friends), why would she be transphobic. twitter stans are a mess

original.gif

30 minutes ago, Harvie Weinstinez said:

ok this is a weird question but do y'all think marina is transphobic? i saw somebody on twitter make a comment on it and i don't get if i misinterpreted or if there's some tea i don't know about 

i mean... what did she do? 

11 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

she literally included a man dressed like a woman in her last music video and collaborated with a drag queen (not to mention her having private gay friends), why would she be transphobic. twitter stans are a mess

there is no correlation between being a trans and being a man dressed like a woman or collabrating with a drag queen. so this can't be an answer to "is marina transphobic?"

15 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

there is no correlation between being a trans and being a man dressed like a woman or collabrating with a drag queen. so this can't be an answer to "is marina transphobic?"

Well I do realise that it is not the strongest argument but as a genuine LGBT supporter she'd be like the last person on my list of potential transphobic artists, and I think it's wiser to take Twitter gossip with a grain of salt as long as there's no any evidence.

original.gif

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

That's the point of being a 30-something-year old woman who already achieved success she wished for. We all would love to hear something new but I don't understand your impatience, especially in such cruel covid-19 times. I personally don't care anymore if she promotes her album or not as long as it sounds good.

Well, I’m genuinely happy for her if she feels comfortable with the direction of her career, but that was absolutely not the point. And COVID can’t be an excuse either. The point is that if your start something... you should also be able to finish it. That’s all. She’s been talking about this supposed “Album 5” since January 2020 and I think all of us were expecting a little more at this point. I am not impatient at all with her, I can wait because I don’t even care that much. I was just questioning if something had been changing in the meantime because I am plain curious. 

32 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

that's the thing i don't know, i was asking cause maybe somebody who knew more than me had heard/seen something 

cause i do remember her supporting a black trans woman back in 2018 when she got fired for saying something about racism so yeah 

7 minutes ago, new gods said:

fuck single #2 at this point just drop the album girl

That would be 100x better 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

5 hours ago, Harvie Weinstinez said:

I actually was scared of so, but afaik she supports the whole LGBT+ community, follows Munroe on IG (and reposted some of her posts) and other stuff 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

It's fairly obvious to me they dropped the single, realized the album wasn't as far along as it needed to be, had to be finished, then sent off to an overwhelmed pressing plant and now they're probably waiting for a better idea of when it'll be done so they can plan the release date/pre-order. They shouldn't have even released a single until the album had been finalized and turned in tbh

BzhmW.png

13 hours ago, Harvie Weinstinez said:

no.

:toofloppy:

just because someone’s made/said/posted an ignorant comment from a few years ago it doesn’t make them transphobic.

I wish she’d be more upfront with us. Why can’t she just say “hi guys, I’ve decided to go back into the studio again and alter some things on the new record. This of course means that the album will be delayed for a few months but rest assured that it’s coming. I’ll keep you updated”??? Instead she’s chosen to pull a LDR and ghost us.

I’m sure she doesn’t mean to but it’s giving the vibe of “I’m not really bothered about my fans” (at least to me anyways). All this stringing along is tiring and annoying - not to mention rude and unprofessional 

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

20 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I wish she’d be more upfront with us. Why can’t she just say “hi guys, I’ve decided to go back into the studio again and alter some things on the new record. This of course means that the album will be delayed for a few months but rest assured that it’s coming. I’ll keep you updated”??? Instead she’s chosen to pull a LDR and ghost us.

I’m sure she doesn’t mean to but it’s giving the vibe of “I’m not really bothered about my fans” (at least to me anyways). All this stringing along is tiring and annoying - not to mention rude and unprofessional 

literally no artist admits to their fans that they aren't finished or there's going to be a push back once the album cycle starts, tbh it really is just disrespectful cause people anticipate stuff like this but  :michael:

that's the thing with these alt pop girlies they're never in high demand with their labels so they just let them do jack shit and get away with it

i love you, but you don't understand me.