Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

08.08.13 :oprah:

Glad there's a little more Marina talk here today, I've been listening to her a lot in prep for the upcoming concert. I made a "cohesive" version of Electra Heart and it just :legend:

OMG I forgot about that! I hope that is the date!! :excited:

And what's your cohesive version?

H0bDaqU.gif

08.08.13 :oprah:

Glad there's a little more Marina talk here today, I've been listening to her a lot in prep for the upcoming concert. I made a "cohesive" version of Electra Heart and it just :legend:

Please share with us your 'cohesive' version of Electra Heart :creepna:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

OMG I forgot about that! I hope that is the date!! :excited:

And what's your cohesive version?

Please share with us your 'cohesive' version of Electra Heart :creepna:

Hmm okay :assad:

Well I personally think the tracklist is all over the place, and the Electra Heart theme is meant to tell a story, so I just kind of put it in story format.

1. Radioactive - slays as an opener

2. Lonely Hearts Club

3. Power & Control

4. Lies

5. Starring Role

I guess here we just kind of see her relationship going to shit. Dear diary, we fell apart.

6. Teen Idle

7. EVOL

8. Just Desserts

9. Sex Yeah

These songs kind of show her motivation to take on this ruthless persona. Now that she's alone and heartbroken, she doesn't want to end up that way again. Reflecting on her wasted youth, wanting revenge on the guy who broke her heart, wanting to embrace a kind of sexy femme fatale persona. Which leads to...

10. How to Be a Heartbreaker

11. Bubblegum Bitch

12. Primadonna

13. Homewrecker

The actual transformation. Beginning with laying out the rules, embracing that sort of beauty queen archetype but steadily losing her morality, as seen in "Homewrecker".

14. Living Dead

15. Valley of the Dolls (with Su-Barbie-A intro)

16. Buy the Stars

Kind of a realization that this isn't a happy existence. Beginning to reflect on that doomed relationship with "Buy the Stars".

17. Hypocrates

18. The State of Dreaming (with Archetypes intro)

19. Fear and Loathing

The end of Electra Heart. Kind of a reassurance. A reflection that leads to the revelation that she doesn't need to live this way. In fear and loathing, etc.

And then no more Electra, let us pray. Although it is easier to love when you kind of take the reins like that. But it is just a pop album :eek:

There must be a rerelease coming or something right?! :defeated: I can't take not having this song. Is it the same thing we thought was the Calvin collab a week ago or so?

Hmm okay :assad:

Well I personally think the tracklist is all over the place, and the Electra Heart theme is meant to tell a story, so I just kind of put it in story format.

1. Radioactive - slays as an opener

2. Lonely Hearts Club

3. Power & Control

4. Lies

5. Starring Role

I guess here we just kind of see her relationship going to shit. Dear diary, we fell apart.

6. Teen Idle

7. EVOL

8. Just Desserts

9. Sex Yeah

These songs kind of show her motivation to take on this ruthless persona. Now that she's alone and heartbroken, she doesn't want to end up that way again. Reflecting on her wasted youth, wanting revenge on the guy who broke her heart, wanting to embrace a kind of sexy femme fatale persona. Which leads to...

10. How to Be a Heartbreaker

11. Bubblegum Bitch

12. Primadonna

13. Homewrecker

The actual transformation. Beginning with laying out the rules, embracing that sort of beauty queen archetype but steadily losing her morality, as seen in "Homewrecker".

14. Living Dead

15. Valley of the Dolls (with Su-Barbie-A intro)

16. Buy the Stars

Kind of a realization that this isn't a happy existence. Beginning to reflect on that doomed relationship with "Buy the Stars".

17. Hypocrates

18. The State of Dreaming (with Archetypes intro)

19. Fear and Loathing

The end of Electra Heart. Kind of a reassurance. A reflection that leads to the revelation that she doesn't need to live this way. In fear and loathing, etc.

And then no more Electra, let us pray. Although it is easier to love when you kind of take the reins like that. But it is just a pop album :eek:

:gclap:

H0bDaqU.gif

http://yourfaveisproblematic.tumblr.com/post/46023648705/marina-diamandis-marina-the-diamonds

ARE.

YOU.

KIDDING.

ME.

BLACKFACE?

BLACKFACE???

what the fuck, STOP REACHING 

they don't even know what blackface is from a historical standpoint if they're saying that.

She's not pretending to act like a black person and perform minstrel songs

BzhmW.png

http://yourfaveisproblematic.tumblr.com/post/46023648705/marina-diamandis-marina-the-diamonds

ARE.

YOU.

KIDDING.

ME.

BLACKFACE?

BLACKFACE???

what the fuck, STOP REACHING 

I'm looking that blog, it's the worst blog ever, it looks so much into things. I'm going to call racist everytime somebody drinks tequila or eat tacos tbh

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif