Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

5 minutes ago, urgirl said:

‘Capitalism made us poor’ 

*brags about being a millionaire* 

Lmfao all these contradictionssssss pouring outta herrrrrr

I think she's been doing contradictions between TFJ, Eh and Froot right? Not a surprise

9 minutes ago, urgirl said:

the title track, purge, man's world all have that fake woke attitude she tries to give and it's cringe. purge is probably my least favorite song of hers lyrically, especially the remix, as it's basically that faux-feminism of the woman that enjoy the idea of having power over men than actual equality - i guess lyrically venus fly trap shows exactly that. she's basically acting like the power hungry men she allegedly despises.

:cuteface:

5 minutes ago, Life said:

the title track, purge, man's world all have that fake woke attitude she tries to give and it's cringe. purge is probably my least favorite song of hers lyrically, especially the remix, as it's basically that faux-feminism of the woman that enjoy the idea of having power over men than actual equality - i guess lyrically venus fly trap shows exactly that. she's basically acting like the power hungry men she allegedly despises.

the chinese call those people 'Baizuo'

27 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I don’t think she’s a millionaire though :fabcat:

52 minutes ago, urgirl said:

Ma'am Marina's lyricism is characterised for being contradictory but also really good and compelx. See Happy and Solitaire for example, yet both songs lyrically are great

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I think you can still be a millionaire and acknowledge how bad capitalism can be, it just depends how much of that wealth you're hoarding and how you distribute it towards things. At the end of the day, artists can't help how much money goes into their pockets - it's just what happens. They get paid to sing for a living.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

29 minutes ago, Aristocrat said:

Marina see my meme on IG where I call her idiot for discard Pink Convertible and Happy Loner. Idk if this is good or bad. :(

You're basically insulting her for not putting specific tracks on her own album, how is that good?

See, PC's snippet was interesting but it literally sounded like every homemade demo she creates. The same thing goes to HL but I really liked the lyrics 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

2 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

You're basically insulting her for not putting specific tracks on her own album, how is that good?

See, PC's snippet was interesting but it literally sounded like every homemade demo she creates. The same thing goes to HL but I really liked the lyrics 

Yeah. in my defense i didn't think she will see it.

9 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I think you can still be a millionaire and acknowledge how bad capitalism can be, it just depends how much of that wealth you're hoarding and how you distribute it towards things. At the end of the day, artists can't help how much money goes into their pockets - it's just what happens. They get paid to sing for a living.

You can but it's weird to write a song about how you and your Hollywood friends are quietly reforming to destroy capitalism and then write another song bragging about how much money you have. Sure, Marina's music has always been contradictory but I get why some people might do a double take at her lyrics

1 minute ago, partymonster said:

You can but it's weird to write a song about how you and your Hollywood friends are quietly reforming to destroy capitalism and then write another song bragging about how much money you have. Sure, Marina's music has always been contradictory but I get why some people might do a double take at her lyrics

Yeah you're right I can see how that's annoying tbh

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

57 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

I HOPE she comes out with a song where she lists all of the problems that men cause in our lives and how much better things would be without them

pretty sure man's world is in the vein of that.

but no, lets not with that fake feminist bullshxt.

The way this album is shaping to be worst than L+F Lyrically but at least she's... sonically back (?). I'm gonna stay away from genius and bop my head or FEEL these piano chords. That's it.

Edit: Also, with the recent trend of "rereleasing" albuns just a few weeks after the debut, I can see her actually tacking Happy Loner and Pink Convertible in there and calling it a day. She always mentioned about re-releasing\putting deluxe editions out and it just never happened. Mayyybe this time.

How is this album ever going to be worse lyrically than L+F? Nothing can beat enjoy ur life luv, idk how to be human, yew!!! yeah yew break me down!!! no more suckers!!! yeah you mess up all my towels, life is strange ohhh all we know is life is strange aaah (oooorange).

original.gif

17 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

How is this album ever going to be worse lyrically than L+F? Nothing can beat enjoy ur life luv, idk how to be human, yew!!! yeah yew break me down!!! no more suckers!!! yeah you mess up all my towels, life is strange ohhh all we know is life is strange aaah (oooorange).

It can’t unless she decided to hire Justin Bieber to write the album…then it would probably still be better then L&F lyrically. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance