Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

4 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

i'm a man and i'm not bothered by a woman who wants to have power over patriarchy even if it they will achieve this by cumming on a man's face lol
men are always so fragile when they feel #threatened

it's not even about feeling "threatened", it's just about the fact she's completely contradicting the point she's trying to make.

:cuteface:

it's just cringe.

18 hours ago, new gods said:

why do i feel like "i love you but i love me more" is going to be about her fans 

Remember when we thought INHA was about her being satisfied with her success and being happy etc and it was just another song about love?

Let’s not overestimate her again 

1 hour ago, Life said:

yes, she is. like i said in a previous post, and from the lyrics she obviously allowed pxssy riot to have in purge, it's faux-feminism. it's about having power over a man, not actual equality. feminism isn't about females having power over men, it's fxcking equality. the fact she'll singing about men having power and how it's problematic and along with capitalism being an issue, yet she'll put that shitty remix out and sing about how fxcking rich she is on venus just shows how much crap she's full of lately. even more to the point how on the title track she sings about world issues/defending rights and then completely fxcking contradicts herself. she's looking a fool.

Feminism is not about equality it’s about the liberation of women of every form of oppression (racism, sexism, homophobia etc) w

44 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

Feminism is not about equality it’s about the liberation of women of every form of oppression (racism, sexism, homophobia etc) w

a simple google search will help you, hun.

feminism

/ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

talking/singing/writing about women having power over men is the complete opposite of feminism - that just makes them as power and control (no pun intended) hungry as the men they allegedly despise.

30 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

What in the hell? :hillary:

Feminism IS about equality between the sexes. Feminism aims to make women equal to men, in every way and every form. Of course it encapsulates more stuff but that same stuff is just in the equality part of it. If a person is a feminist, they want to elevate women enough that they become = to men. 

Either way, 

the belief that women should be allowed the same rights, power, and opportunities as men and be treated in the same way, or the set of activities intended to achieve this state.  from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

2 hours ago, Life said:

it's not even about feeling "threatened", it's just about the fact she's completely contradicting the point she's trying to make.

it's just cringe.

42 minutes ago, Life said:

talking/singing/writing about women having power over men is the complete opposite of feminism - that just makes them as power and control (no pun intended) hungry as the men they allegedly despise.

no, it seems that you really felt threatened when pussy riot said "i cum on your face like pow, pow. you know your place like wow, wow." 
or else why would you still talking about this?

embarrassing:cuteface:

3 hours ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

i'm a man and i'm not bothered by a woman who wants to have power over patriarchy even if it they will achieve this by cumming on a man's face lol
men are always so fragile when they feel #threatened

preach! 

hi ok just wanna say scab and plaster is so fucking good

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Anyway, this is my ranking for the songs I'm most excited about:

1.  Pandora's Box (since Eclipse teased those lyrics, I got hyped af for that one lmao I hope it's v upbeat)
  2.  Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land (bc it's the title track and the title seems intriguing)
  3. Venus Fly Trap (the snippet sounded really good)
  4. I Love You But I Love Me More
  5. Flowers (loved the piano)
  6. New America
  7. High Emotional People
  8. Goodbye

Disclaimer: it's not because some title is at the bottom that I'm not excited about it. I'm excited to hear new stuff, my excitement level for new stuff is always 10/10, but some of them I'm like 15/10 lmao (Pandora's Box, I'm looking right at you:smile:)

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

51 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

tumblr_ntayi1EEji1uzti3wo1_400.gif

and that's exactly why you find it acceptable, when it's not. power hungry women are just as bad as power hungry men.

1 hour ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

no, it seems that you really felt threatened when pussy riot said "i cum on your face like pow, pow. you know your place like wow, wow." 
or else why would you still talking about this?

embarrassing:cuteface:

i'm not threatened by it at all - that's your assumption. and that's not the lyric i find cringe/anti-feminist either.

i highly disagree with the sentiment, based on the fact it completely contradicts all the things Marina posts about daily in regards to equality and fairness/the stuff that she's written on this album and previous. it gives her zero credibility and substance - something she used to once have.

3 hours ago, Life said:

a simple google search will help you, hun.

feminism

/ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

Idk if I missed anything but where does she talk about women having power over men in these two last songs? 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Just now, Venus Fly Trap said:

Idk if I missed anything but where does she talk about women having power over men in these two last songs? 

i was on about the pxssy riot lyrics/the fact she allowed/agreed to them.

:w8ing:

but beyond that and beyond feminism, the whole album has so many contradictions lyrically. i just... idk. sonically yay, lyrically yyyyyyy.