Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

7 hours ago, Life said:

yes, she is. like i said in a previous post, and from the lyrics she obviously allowed pxssy riot to have in purge, it's faux-feminism. it's about having power over a man, not actual equality. feminism isn't about females having power over men, it's fxcking equality. the fact she'll singing about men having power and how it's problematic and along with capitalism being an issue, yet she'll put that shitty remix out and sing about how fxcking rich she is on venus just shows how much crap she's full of lately. even more to the point how on the title track she sings about world issues/defending rights and then completely fxcking contradicts herself. she's looking a fool.

Agree

7 hours ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

i'm a man and i'm not bothered by a woman who wants to have power over patriarchy even if it they will achieve this by cumming on a man's face lol
men are always so fragile when they feel #threatened

It's not about power over certain sex, is about equality. 

And gosh those lyrics :deadbanana:

7 hours ago, Life said:

it's not even about feeling "threatened", it's just about the fact she's completely contradicting the point she's trying to make.

:cuteface:

it's just cringe.

Agree

5 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

Feminism is not about equality it’s about the liberation of women of every form of oppression (racism, sexism, homophobia etc) w

What?! Not homophobia being tacked to this, we are talking about feminism lol

5 hours ago, Life said:

a simple google search will help you, hun.

feminism

/ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

talking/singing/writing about women having power over men is the complete opposite of feminism - that just makes them as power and control (no pun intended) hungry as the men they allegedly despise.

Super agree

5 hours ago, Yosemite said:

What in the hell? :hillary:

Feminism IS about equality between the sexes. Feminism aims to make women equal to men, in every way and every form. Of course it encapsulates more stuff but that same stuff is just in the equality part of it. If a person is a feminist, they want to elevate women enough that they become = to men. 

Either way, 

Super agree

2 hours ago, Life said:

and that's exactly why you find it acceptable, when it's not. power hungry women are just as bad as power hungry men.

i'm not threatened by it at all - that's your assumption. and that's not the lyric i find cringe/anti-feminist either.

i highly disagree with the sentiment, based on the fact it completely contradicts all the things Marina posts about daily in regards to equality and fairness/the stuff that she's written on this album and previous. it gives her zero credibility and substance - something she used to once have.

Agree too

2 hours ago, Life said:

i was on about the pxssy riot lyrics/the fact she allowed/agreed to them.

:w8ing:

but beyond that and beyond feminism, the whole album has so many contradictions lyrically. i just... idk. sonically yay, lyrically yyyyyyy.

That Pussy Riot verse is so full of bullshit

These kind of "artists" should RAISE equality instead of making girls and gays "hate" men (Men as in male). 

I just find super hypocrite whenever I see gays here saying they hate Men but they obviously love dick. It's just super contradictory lol. 

Don't hate the genre, hate the assholes that want to make the women feel less than them. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

There sure is a lot going on in here huh

tenor.gif

About the whole feminism thing, I do agree with @Life on how feminism is about equality, and if you're not about the equality then may I refer you to another word you could use to describe yourself as: 

misandrist 

noun [ C ]

UK  /ˈmɪs.ən.drɪst/ US  /ˈmɪs.ən.drɪst/

a woman who hates men or believes that women are better than men (Cambridge dictionary)

Now while I don't agree that women being misandrist is just as damaging as men being misogynistic (after all, it IS a man's world) - acting like men isn't going to do us women any favours whatsoever

--

Anyways I haven't listened to the new album yet, I think I'll wait but I'm excited! 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

so excited to announce im finally coming out as a misandrist!!! yes i believe that men are the worst creatures to exist on this planet and yes we should commit genocide against them all :wub: #justgirlythings

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

like... it's 2021. at this point it should be obvious that feminism's sole purpose is not to "create" a space where "all the sexes are equal." that train has already passed.
the definitions and the aims of movements change throughout years when people realize the change they wanted to make haven't been achieved with what they have done so far by the older generations. so they come up with a revised versions of the movements.
to me, when it comes to 2021, feminism does not aim to create an equal space for only "men" and "women." feminism tries to break down the patriarchal values, everyone has a different way of breaking down it, some cums on men faces, some tries to take the authority, both are valid. if you try to power yourself over a man that is also valid because men have the power in this society so you can empower yourself however you want unless you hurt the other person. and by hurt i clearly don't mean that "ew this lyric tries to put down men!! this is not feminism." if  you feel hurt by these lyrics, then i hope you feel the hurt more.
also homophobia and racism play a huge rule in the feminism movement, i suggest people to do more research on how homophobia and racism is very much involved in feminism.
also this is not off topic because we're discussing if marina's lyrics are fake-woke feminist or feminist

and i can't believe i wrote a paragraph about this. i wish i didn't

6 hours ago, Yosemite said:

What in the hell? :hillary:

Feminism IS about equality between the sexes. Feminism aims to make women equal to men, in every way and every form. Of course it encapsulates more stuff but that same stuff is just in the equality part of it. If a person is a feminist, they want to elevate women enough that they become = to men. 

Either way, 

6 hours ago, Life said:

a simple google search will help you, hun.

feminism

/ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

talking/singing/writing about women having power over men is the complete opposite of feminism - that just makes them as power and control (no pun intended) hungry as the men they allegedly despise.

Look I know y’all are illiterate and I don’t like having serious discourse on here but: 

Men and women alike are oppressed (by racism, classism, homophobia, etc), feminism doesn’t aim to “elevate” women to the same status men (which is: still oppressed) but to completely liberate them from all oppressions, which include racism, classism, etc... cause men are still oppressed (not on the basis of their sex, but still oppressed)

That’s why intersectionality was created, by a black woman (Kimberlé Crenshaw), to tackle all the issues that are outside the strict man/women dicotomy but still affect women in other ways (like racism and classism)

sorry for the OT but y’all are so ignorant 

9 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

Look I know y’all are illiterate and I don’t like having serious discourse on here but: 

Men and women alike are oppressed (by racism, classism, homophobia, etc), feminism doesn’t aim to “elevate” women to the same status men (which is: still oppressed) but to completely liberate them from all oppressions, which include racism, classism, etc... cause men are still oppressed (not on the basis of their sex, but still oppressed)

That’s why intersectionality was created, by a black woman (Kimberlé Crenshaw), to tackle all the issues that are outside the strict man/women dicotomy but still affect women in other ways (like racism and classism)

sorry for the OT but y’all are so ignorant 

:rollin:

1 minute ago, Bloody Valentine said:

Not when most songs on EH and FROOT are aging like milk. :nails:

i mean, no.

:crai:

EH maybe. but FROOT, sweetie no.

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

I just find super hypocrite whenever I see gays here saying they hate Men but they obviously love dick. It's just super contradictory lol. 

I don't see the problem  :really:

Some people are spreading PC's lyrics, dk if they're real

Spoiler

Mother Earth is wasting away
Just so human beings can play
In the mountains and the valleys and the land
If you can fix it all, take my hand

We all just can't sit back and pretend
That this isn't the beginning of the end
Volcanoes and cyclones in the West
It's Mother Nature's one ultimate test

Leave me alone with my luck and money
And I don't wanna know that it's a time bomb, honey
Let me enjoy my lack of trouble
Nothing's gonna burst my money bubble

I just wanna forget
How fucked up is our planet

Laughing all the time
Driving in the sunshine
Pink convertible
Living in the free world

We're so fucking blind
Praying we'll be fine
We keep laughing all the time
Driving in the sunshine

Let them eat cake and let my blood run dry
If you don't laugh, then you sure will cry
Our time is coming and it's all our fault
Life as we know it screeching to a halt

Let's all say sorry, to the flowers and the trees
And the fish poisoned in the seven seas
The private jet, the looks cool on the 'Gram
40 pairs of Nike's you’'re the man

And I don’'t want tona know that it’'s a time bomb, honey
And nNothing’'s going tonna burst my money bubble

I just wanna forget

Laughing all the time
Driving in the sunshine
Pink convertible
Living in the free world

We’re so fucking blind, 
Praying we’'ll be fine
Driving in the sunshine

Pink convertible
Pink convertible
Pink convertible
Pink convertible

As time goes on, I feel like comparing an artist's albums is just pointless.
They are just audible snapshots of a certain period in an artist's journey.

FROOT might be the one I tout as my favourite of hers, but they are all fantastic records.

at the end of the day, Marina is an absolutely fantastic artist, who constantly says things some artist's would rather stray away from.  

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

Oh now you said that. Please, some men love pussy and not only do they hate women but also disrespect and harass them on a daily basis, and it's been like that for ages.

original.gif

8 minutes ago, Shanice Jones said:

Some people are spreading PC's lyrics, dk if they're real

Hide contents

Mother Earth is wasting away
Just so human beings can play
In the mountains and the valleys and the land
If you can fix it all, take my hand

We all just can't sit back and pretend
That this isn't the beginning of the end
Volcanoes and cyclones in the West
It's Mother Nature's one ultimate test

And I don't wanna know that it's a time bomb, honey
Nothing's gonna burst my money bubble

I just wanna forget

Laughing all the time
Driving in the sunshine
Pink convertible
Living in the free world

We're so fucking blind
Praying we'll be fine
Driving in the sunshine

Let them eat cake and let my blood run dry
If you don't laugh, then you sure will cry
Our time is coming and it's all our fault
Life as we know it screeching to a halt

Let's all say sorry, to the flowers and the trees
And the fish poisoned in the seven seas
The private jet, the looks cool on the 'Gram
40 pairs of Nike's you’'re the man

And I don’'t want tona know that it’'s a time bomb, honey
And nNothing’'s going tonna burst my money bubble

I just wanna forget

Laughing all the time
Driving in the sunshine
Pink convertible
Living in the free world

We’re so fucking blind, 
Praying we’'ll be fine
Driving in the sunshine

Pink convertible
Pink convertible
Pink convertible
Pink convertible

It's fake, it lacks the word "witch" 

Witch is the Marina' s "Candle in the Wind" ? 

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

at the end of the day, TFJ’s her best album

Agree

42 minutes ago, Life said:

FROOT and EH are both much better than TFJ.

:rollin:

I don't agree on this with you haha

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Whether you love, hate, or feel the need to speak up on any of the references in her late music or her execution of it- 

The expression of what she was talking about in PTP was pretty nice, and whether it was what you wanted it to be or if you think it’s execution was hideous or performative (in mans world or whatever), you’re talking about the topics now in here, which is quite a nice effect to have come out of someone’s art.  
For those looking in on what you’re all chatting, they can build up their stance on said topics more, and maybe make a more refined decision on who they’d want to spend their time talking to through what they read on forums like these, and progress their own understanding and opinions.  I’m going to choose to enjoy the new stuff, it’s clear where her intentions are.   :)