Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

1 minute ago, Yosemite said:

Don’t get your hopes up, Eclipse already confirmed neither HL nor PC are on the album. However, PC was actually finished whereas HL is still just an unfinished demo

Oh ok. Well that's a pity. I never really cared for PC but HL sounded very promising.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Oh ok. Well that's a pity. I never really cared for PC but HL sounded very promising.

This is exactly what he said when someone asked him for the review of the album:

Spoiler

I've been listening to demos and outtakes. There's a great Purge demo with a different vocal take that I prefer. She basically made most of the album herself. There's a really funny New America demo and everything sounds off-beat. There are a few outtakes including Happy Loner, pretty much laptop demos. Pink Convertible is one she finished properly and I believe she has plans to release it.

EDIT: but yeah, like you, I also thought HL could be ILYBILMM. Bummer tho

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 hours ago, Yosemite said:

This is exactly what he said when someone asked him for the review of the album:

Hide contents

I've been listening to demos and outtakes. There's a great Purge demo with a different vocal take that I prefer. She basically made most of the album herself. There's a really funny New America demo and everything sounds off-beat. There are a few outtakes including Happy Loner, pretty much laptop demos. Pink Convertible is one she finished properly and I believe she has plans to release it.

EDIT: but yeah, like you, I also thought HL could be ILYBILMM. Bummer tho

I would love to hear Purge demo in the future its easily one of my fav song rights now

11 minutes ago, Formation said:

Eclipse's review: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPBDvV7gg4M/ 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPBD0hZA382/ 

Sounds like a great album. I'm ready to cry to Pandora's Box :party:

I don't know about his personal taste on music (I mean, don't know if I can share his appreciations and approach to the album), but the style-aesthetics he is depicting definetly sound promising. Aiming to hear the album!

34 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Venus Fly Trap being 2:38 min song :toofunny: well not surprised good bops doesn't need to be long tho :smokes:

I'm hoping the rest are around 3:30 tbh, I can't take that great songs are short af :cryney2: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I'm sad that "Pandora's Box" is a ballad, it truly made me feel it was a fast paced bop haha but damn, I guess this song is about her breakup with the Clean Bandit guy.

Bummer that this album is AGAIN very political. We have been this way since Savages, which was pretty good but now it's getting tired imo, at least her quirky lyrics are back from the gave yas!

So the only ballads on the album:

• Highly Emotional People
  • Pandora's Box
  • Flowers
  • Goodbye

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

"Why be a wallflower when you can be a venus fly trap?" - I'm already loving it!

Based on Eclipse's review, that album sounds very promising! I love how she seems to go full-risk again, his description of the title track made me even more excited for the single to drop tomorrow.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Live Q+A/“something very exciting to share” tomorrow at 9:30 PST on YT :wub: Love how connected she is with her fans, keeping us fed and informed before the release :crai:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

"Why be a wallflower when you can be a venus fly trap?" - I'm already loving it!

Based on Eclipse's review, that album sounds very promising! I love how she seems to go full-risk again, his description of the title track made me even more excited for the single to drop tomorrow.

I know <3 as much as I fucking hate the Pussy Riot remix, I adore how this whole era (including remixes) she went away from her comfort zone.

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Super excited!

1 hour ago, brandon said:

Definitely wondering what the “something v exciting” is... album vinyl? livestream performance? deluxe?

I bet is the vinyl.

In the best case scenario, she is announcing a deluxe.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde