Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

The meet and greet is stupid expensive wow 

For now I'll just get the concert ticket 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

7 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I would love her coming here but sadly most acts only go to the capital 

I wish artists won't sleep on Monterrey so often ? 

We could be neighbours OMG :dua: 

I had the bad luck to discover that, when I just got into Björk, she had visited Monterrey literally three months after I knew about her existence. It would have been magical :xcry: artists have that bad habit of sleeping on our cities tbh :facepalm: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

We could be neighbours OMG :dua: 

I had the bad luck to discover that, when I just got into Björk, she had visited Monterrey literally three months after I knew about her existence. It would have been magical :xcry: artists have that bad habit of sleeping on our cities tbh :facepalm: 

I didn't knew she visited Monterrey omg, thought she was only in Mexico City for the concerts and that's it.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Secured my concert ticket, T-shirt, afterparty ticket, and MEET & GREET!!!!! I'm so so so excited :omg: 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

9 minutes ago, Bloody Valentine said:

Now I'm confused... Is it a livestream concert like in YT or other streaming service, or a normal live concert?

It's like a normal concert. You have to buy a ticket to watch it.

Like the livestreams Dua Lipa, Kylie and everyone else did last year.

自由になる自由がある

She's so fucking back :party:

I didn't get over PTP that she released this. The video is simple and beautiful it suits her so much, then the song is fabulous! It makes me look like a feminine Tame Impala, I really like it! 

It is perfect, this era is perfect! She put in so much effort to make us happy and understood what was wrong with L + F, she became the colorful pop singer we love again! It's so rare these days to have a comeback like I am proud of her.

Now I feel Man's world as a flaw, it's a beautiful song and a remarkable music video but the single should have been just on its own, it doesn't really look like the rest which looks more psychedelic to me.

But I feel bad for her with Lana who will drop 3 songs tomorrow, shit I hope she will not steal all the hype and the attention of Marina so deserved :rollin:

28 minutes ago, May said:

Can somebody make bulletin points about interesting things said during the livestream please?  If it’s not too much trouble :awkney: 

• Live virtual concert from the desert on June 12th with "a full live band and beautiful strings", tickets live now
  • Hopes to tour in person again near the beginning of next year
  • New music video in two weeks
  • A vinyl for the album itself is coming, she said "it's going to be gorgeous."
  • Declined to make a music video for Bubblegum Bitch per Atlantic Records' request after it went viral on TikTok
  • New merch coming soon that she designed and described as "sick"
  • She's considering a possible deluxe version, said she would "love to," but isn't fully sure yet. She wants to give time for people to digest the album as it is before deciding what to do next. In her words: "Let's just see what the actual album is like, see if you're hungry for afterwards, and then we can discuss a deluxe. I'd love to do a deluxe, but let's see."
  • Regarding Happy Loner: "Happy Loner is not on the album, but she is in waiting. She’s going to be presented at some point, but this just wasn’t the right home for her right now.” 
  • Regarding Pink Convertible: "Pink Convertible is also in waiting for another home. They aren’t going away, they’ve got a home that’s assigned to them and they will be coming soon.”
  • Some of the record is sociopolitical, some is about relationships and "sad girl anthems"
  • Her favourite tracks are I Love You but I Love Me More, Venus Flytrap, and Goodbye.
  • Description of Venus Flytrap: "It's really sassy. I'm sure my lyrics are going to be taken out of context and misunderstood, which I love. It's a very sassy, fun, bouncy, big song. It's silly, but I love it so much. The main lyric is 'why be a wallflower when you can be a Venus flytrap?'"
  • Pandora's Box is about a relationship
  • Goodbye is not about her leaving the music industry, and says we should not be concerned about her leaving, per some of the comments she made in 2016. "I don't think I'll ever leave. 'Goodbye' is a song about saying goodbye to the past. It's a beautiful song, I hope people relate to it and it helps them."

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

$100 extra for a 1-minute virtual M&G PLSSS (and it's already sold out :toofunny: get that coin ma'am)

Got a ticket, this will be my first virtual concert! I saw her live during L+F tour and it honestly was a little disappointing, but I'm hoping she pulls out all the stops for this show and serves us visuals and vibes

giphy-1.gif