Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Just now, Yosemite said:

Well, it sounds good BUT she's not playing the whole thing.

She basically played a little snippet (like almost a minute) and then talked abt the process of creating the instrumental. Like each little thing.

playing a singular verse of the froot demo tease

Leak Pink Convertible Marina! :glasses:

New America rn

Yeah, this is cute and all but afterparty is totally not worth ANY money tbh.

The concert tix should include the afterparty bc this is kinda.... meh 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

6 hours ago, vrtvie said:

It's not a shame. She clearly wasn't happy with him. All this mental breakdown with her hair cut, alcohol drinking, psychology course, name change, even visits to Japan to find the meaning of life, let alone flowers fascination, and then desperate songs about happiness on L+F that she herself has admitted now were made because she was failing at trying to be happy. The whole L+F is just her being scared to love Jack and expecting more, but too afraid to say something bad to him, to lose him, etc. etc. Also "there's no heartbreak left to feel, it happened years ago"... And she even replied to a fan on IG during Clean Bandit livestream or something on IG that: What is Love? [CB's album title] "It is when you give and expect nothing in return." Poor thing, Marina. I think it all is really a tragic story. Now she seems in a better mindset and even if not, I hope she finds someone more valuable who makes her feel pure joy in life.

I wasn't talking about her tho. It’s a shame he cheated and destroyed their relationship, that's what I meant. I agree with all you said 100%, but I was not implying it’s a shame they broke up. The guy is a scumbag and I'm very happy she's better now without him. 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

The show was amazing!! She sounded incredible, and the visuals were gorgeous. The afterparty was also so fun - as a writer myself, it was super insightful to see a little bit of her writing process through her demos.

I'm now even more excited for her tour next spring, but the wait until February will be grueling!! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

41 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Wish I could watch the show again- there’s not a single link anywhere :toofunny:

Hide contents

To the people who bought the ticket: does anyone want to share their link w me? :creep:

there is one if you know where to look :wink:

5 hours ago, brandon said:

not her saying she should re-record dirty sheets fjdhdjdh that’s so random 

LOL. Don't trust her, she's already said she would rerecord her MySpace songs after L+F but she keeps saying there's no use coming back to the past, rejected the Bubblegum Bitch music video project, and said that the songs her "baby self" made are too crazy for her to listen, e.g. Hermit the Frog. :toofloppy: And is she really gonna sing apple of my daddy's eye taught me sex was a bad thing, gave me deviant longing? No offence but as an artist with a big fanbase she should weigh her words because then she'll find us disappointed as she did with INHA.

original.gif

Show was incredible, so so so excited for the accompanying tour :wub: Her vocals were incredibly  clear and somehow better than ever.

VFT, Man’s World, and Goodbye were especially stunning with the live band :crai:

11 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

Can't wait for The G*ardian to give the album 6/10 and Peetchfork a 7.5 :makeup:

i mean it doesn't deserve more, FROOT and TFJ deserved an 8.something and this a 7.2-3 but Pitchforks' rating are meaningless 

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

LOL. Don't trust her, she's already said she would rerecord her MySpace songs after L+F but she keeps saying there's no use coming back to the past, rejected the Bubblegum Bitch music video project, and said that the songs her "baby self" made are too crazy for her to listen, e.g. Hermit the Frog. :toofloppy: And is she really gonna sing apple of my daddy's eye taught me sex was a bad thing, gave me deviant longing? No offence but as an artist with a big fanbase she should weigh her words because then she'll find us disappointed as she did with INHA.

she should definitely re-record her early stuff but she'll never do it, there's not a chance in hell

also i find it really interesting how she says she doesn't like to hear her old stuff cause past marina would've probably hated modern marina (especially love+fear) 

5 hours ago, Yosemite said:

Wish I could watch the show again- there’s not a single link anywhere :toofunny:

Reveal hidden contents

To the people who bought the ticket: does anyone want to share their link w me? :creep:

They’ve got a playlist on their channel if u still need it

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

1 hour ago, picturebook said:

Did she say anything about Happy Loner? Also is there a brief summary of what she said in the live? Can't find it...

Nothing about INHA, Pink Convertible or Happy Loner. Nothing interesting if you ask me, astrological, spiritual, production and health stuff. But the concert was gorgeous! Love the rock band and her outfit.

original.gif