Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

You made it seem like somebody opened gunfire at marina.

Honestly. Like that behavior is to be expected at her concerts.

I thought there was some sort of emergency and she was seriously hurt

BzhmW.png

The same shit happened in the Atlanta show and you don't see me writing a novel about it

You made it seem like somebody opened gunfire at marina.

There were clearly some pre-teens who had never been to a concert before. The mosh was like any "moshpit" I've ever been in, but people were dropping like flies and getting really irate. Like...get out of the pit then.

The only TRUE fuckery is that LA venues absolutely suck and the fans were herded off before Marina even came out. I haven't looked up if anyone actually met her after because it'll make me sad if they did, but I got kicked out of a few different areas.(STG, only ever experienced shit like this in LA...I sat for hours in a shady ass alley in Santa Monica with no problems.) But the pit was super fun and energetic and I had a pretty positive experience. I don't know what else there is to freak out about.

Then again, I can't speak from a petite girl's perspective or anyone who was pushed around in the lines outside. I guess it is a big deal, though. A lot of people are making it seem like an emergency.

There were clearly some pre-teens who had never been to a concert before. The mosh was like any "moshpit" I've ever been in, but people were dropping like flies and getting really irate. Like...get out of the pit then.

The only TRUE fuckery is that LA venues absolutely suck and the fans were herded off before Marina even came out. I haven't looked up if anyone actually met her after because it'll make me sad if they did, but I got kicked out of a few different areas.(STG, only ever experienced shit like this in LA...I sat for hours in a shady ass alley in Santa Monica with no problems.) But the pit was super fun and energetic and I had a pretty positive experience. I don't know what else there is to freak out about.

Then again, I can't speak from a petite girl's perspective or anyone who was pushed around in the lines outside. I guess it is a big deal, though. A lot of people are making it seem like an emergency.

I went to House of Blues San Diego and I met Marina. Like actually talked to her and hugged her twice. (yeah i'm bragging)

I waited like almost two hours after the show.

I went to House of Blues San Diego and I met Marina. Like actually talked to her and hugged her twice. (yeah i'm bragging)

I waited like almost two hours after the show.

Did you meet her before? I'm pretty disappointed. I got her this tacky hat that says "DESPERATE HOUSEWIFE" on it in rhinestones and printed a nice picture of her and bought a clipboard and a good marker and it was all for naught. Then again, I was with some impatient people. Honestly, my life is missing fellow stans. I got straight side-eyed for having all the signature stuff planned out.

She'll be back, I suppose.

Did you meet her before? I'm pretty disappointed. I got her this tacky hat that says "DESPERATE HOUSEWIFE" on it in rhinestones and printed a nice picture of her and bought a clipboard and a good marker and it was all for naught. Then again, I was with some impatient people. Honestly, my life is missing fellow stans. I got straight side-eyed for having all the signature stuff planned out.

She'll be back, I suppose.

She came out like an hour and a half after the show and there were like 50 people out there. She was just signing her name on whatever people handed her way. Then she turned around and looked at me expecting me to ask her to sign something, but I showed her my two albums from last year and I was "I don't know if you remember but your manager had you sign these to Adrian last year." she just said "Oh my god!" then I said "I didn't get to meet you." And she hugged me and said thank you and let go. I pulled her back for another hug and she said "Oh, he's greedy! Hahaha!" And I just let go and she smiled and left.  :D

First of all can we just take a minute to worship what she posted on Instagram:

T01J3Kb.png

Secondly, let's play fave and least fave from each album (I know it'll be hard, just pick one) :

THE FAMILY JEWELS

Favorite: Mowgli's Road

Least Favorite: Guilty

ELECTRA HEART

Favorite: Lonely Hearts Club (this was the tough one for me, Teen Idle is almost tied)

Least Favorite: Homewrecker

H0bDaqU.gif

THE FAMILY JEWELS
Favorite: "Girls" kinda solidified that I'd love this woman
Least Favorite: This is a really good album, but I'll go ahead and say "Rootless"

ELECTRA HEART
Favorite: "Bubblegum Bitch" :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:
Least Favorite: "Lonely Hearts Club" :biblio: Why the love :biblio:

Least Favorite: "Lonely Hearts Club" :biblio: Why the love :biblio:

OMG it's literally perfect tho :crying: The production, vocals, lyrics, and omg the chorus I CAN'T :defeated:

Least: Living Dead (The production could've been 10x better)

I will agree with you on this although I love the song. It seems to be lacking something. The demo is a little closer

H0bDaqU.gif

hey y'all, I'm new to this forum. Figure I'll tell you a little about my Marina experience.

She's definitely my main favorite, I absolutely love her, and have seen her 3 times. I've been a fan since TFJ but I never got a chance to see her until she started touring Electra Heart because I'm from a crappy city in Ohio she never went anywhere near back during TFJ era (except with Katy Perry).

But finally last summer I decided I was going to see her when she announced the Electra heart tour dates, so I took a 5 hour bus to Chicago with my friend and it was one of the best expeirences of my life and after the show I waited an hour and she signed my Electra Heart! She was going by super quickly though.

The second time I saw her in Boston in December because I go to school there. That time I waited an hour after again but didn't even get my copy of TFJ signed, let alone a picture with her which is what I really wanted. She went by and I got nothing :(

BUT the 3rd and last time I saw her, about 2 weeks ago in Detroit, was the best experience EVER. I waited after the show again, and she took a picture with me (it's a bad picture with my front facing camera on my iphone in the dark though) and she signed a picture I drew of her! I was going to give it to her but she was really sweet and asked if I wanted her to sign it so I just said sure and she signed it and I kept it :P

And that's my stories about seeing Marina live.

hey y'all, I'm new to this forum. Figure I'll tell you a little about my Marina experience.

She's definitely my main favorite, I absolutely love her, and have seen her 3 times. I've been a fan since TFJ but I never got a chance to see her until she started touring Electra Heart because I'm from a crappy city in Ohio she never went anywhere near back during TFJ era (except with Katy Perry).

But finally last summer I decided I was going to see her when she announced the Electra heart tour dates, so I took a 5 hour bus to Chicago with my friend and it was one of the best expeirences of my life and after the show I waited an hour and she signed my Electra Heart! She was going by super quickly though.

The second time I saw her in Boston in December because I go to school there. That time I waited an hour after again but didn't even get my copy of TFJ signed, let alone a picture with her which is what I really wanted. She went by and I got nothing :(

BUT the 3rd and last time I saw her, about 2 weeks ago in Detroit, was the best experience EVER. I waited after the show again, and she took a picture with me (it's a bad picture with my front facing camera on my iphone in the dark though) and she signed a picture I drew of her! I was going to give it to her but she was really sweet and asked if I wanted her to sign it so I just said sure and she signed it and I kept it :P

And that's my stories about seeing Marina live.

Too jealous.

She's so easy to meet for everyone except me.