Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

The only problem I found on the ballads is that their melodies are very classic or generic, but I like them all nonetheless

Flowers remains the best one tho :makeup:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

4 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

New America is just not doing anything for me.... tbh not a lot of songs on this album are lasting for me. The ballads obviously have lasted the longest.

my thoughts exactly, flowers and HEP are on repeat since release, then goodbye with the title track + venus fly trap, and the rest... i listened to maybe twice and that's that 

3 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m bored with the album, the ballads whilst cute I’ve only listened to a few times each as I find them really boring and don’t bring anything new to the table compared to her previous ballads.  I think the production on the non ballad songs also get’s very grating after awhile. I think Marina needs a new sound completely.

I totally agree on the ballads, they’re nothing new and quite honestly boring

But for the non-ballads IDK I think ADIAML and VFT is her best sound cause it’s very reminiscent of TFJ but also very sleek and upbeat + kinda sounds 80

The singles are great and so is Highly Emotional People. It's a shame she dedicated half the record to her stupid ex-boyfriend. Had she gone deeper in the actual supposed theme of the album, it could've been her best.

original.gif

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

I totally agree on the ballads, they’re nothing new and quite honestly boring

But for the non-ballads IDK I think ADIAML and VFT is her best sound cause it’s very reminiscent of TFJ but also very sleek and upbeat + kinda sounds 80

I think the problem for me is that I end up playing the same 4-5 songs because I don’t care for the ballads so I’ve now tired of the album despite the songs being quite good.  She really needed more than 10 songs on this record.  

2 hours ago, vrtvie said:

The singles are great and so is Highly Emotional People. It's a shame she dedicated half the record to her stupid ex-boyfriend. Had she gone deeper in the actual supposed theme of the album, it could've been her best.

I think we have enough albums and songs from musicians about ex partners to last a millennium 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

18 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think the problem for me is that I end up playing the same 4-5 songs because I don’t care for the ballads so I’ve now tired of the album despite the songs being quite good.  She really needed more than 10 songs on this record.  

oh yeah totally I get that, that’s kinda way I’ve been shying away from those songs personally cause even though I like them I don’t wanna overdo them

and yeah 10 tracks was deffo not enough considering L+F had 16?? almost 20 tracks compared to now. And we know she had more songs ready to be released

Place your bets!

When do you guys think the deluxe is coming? I bet on November.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

9 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Place your bets!

When do you guys think the deluxe is coming? I bet on November.

definitely oct/nov (if she keeps the fall date and doesn’t push it back closer to the tour) 

I kinda hope she’ll release a single from it beforehand though, im thirsty for more content

33 minutes ago, brandon said:

definitely oct/nov (if she keeps the fall date and doesn’t push it back closer to the tour) 

I kinda hope she’ll release a single from it beforehand though, im thirsty for more content

I want a "Highly Emotional People" music video, maybe a radio mix and a collab, a good one.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Venus Fly Trap's final chorus and outro is surely one of the most joyful moments while listening to the raewcawd nnnn :makeup: I do believe it's a career highlight and her best track since FROOT 

About the deluxe edition, I HOPE she finishes and adds Happy Loner on it bc it seems to be a classic sad relatable homosexual anthem which is something I require 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

53 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

shes spoken about a deluxe edition/re-release for every album and its never happened so i woudn't get too excited

she only did so for tfj and froot didn't she? 

original.gif