Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I always have a hard time ranking Marina's albums cause each one is so different from the other and have different meanings for me, but ADIAML for sure it's way better than L+F. 

I really liked it but I still feel as if it's 2 EPs merged together, I wish she could've polished it a bit more

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

Here's my Marina ranking: 

1. Froot

2. The Family Jewels

3. Electra Heart

4. Ancient Dreams

5. Love + Fear

imageproxy.jpg

13 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

guess we’re ranking albums again

TFJ>EH>FROOT>ADIAML>L+F

I can agree with that top 3 in any order but ADIAML and L+F aren’t touching those 3 albums

This! 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Froot>>EH>TFJ>=ADIAML>>>>>>>>>>l+f

When it came out I was thrilled because it was a massive upgrade from l+f, but i have to admit, I don’t find myself listening to ADIAML that often,  especially the ballads

• vft, title track, mans world, ilybilmm are still so solid - i come back to these the most 

• i still love flowers & goodbye - just don’t listen as much

• when it comes to hep, new america, pandora’s box, and ptp.. i don’t think i’ve listened since they came out 

On 11/28/2021 at 2:32 PM, Venus Fly Trap said:

I personally find it just okay lol. Again, it's creative but not pretty or much interesting

What do y'all think about ADIAML now that it's been months since its release btw? I think it's an UPGRADE from L+F and has some of her best songs (to me) such as Venus Fly Trap and Flowers. It's a strong 9/10 to me

FROOT > TFJ > AD > EH/L+F

I think ADIAML would've been much better without all those breakup songs like Pandora's Box or I Love You But I Love Me More. They're quite forgettable and do not fit the album theme at all. I understand that she wanted to express her feelings about her ex boyfriend but she could've released an EP with them instead. Also who feels like listening to an album that's about fighting patriarchy and then suddenly crying over an ex? There were so many important feminist / ecology / anti-patriarchy / anticapitalist / gender roles themes to explore and we only got a few songs about it. And really, if she thinks that singing "I'mma free, I'mma free womaaaaaan" in a deluxe will do this record any justice, she's wrong. I hope, however, that this song is not as hollow as it seems.

Anyway, I still come back to Ancient Dreams, Venus Fly Trap, Man's World and Highly Emotional People. What great tunes.

EH ≥ TFJ > FROOT >> ADIAML >> L+F

original.gif

Why do y'all feel the need to bump that thead with the 101st edition of album rankings right now? :rip:

Everytime I see this thread on the front page, I think there are some news about the Deluxe and then it's just some of you fighting whether EH is her best or worst album ever 💀

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

8 hours ago, vrtvie said:

I think ADIAML would've been much better without all those breakup songs like Pandora's Box or I Love You But I Love Me More. They're quite forgettable and do not fit the album theme at all. I understand that she wanted to express her feelings about her ex boyfriend but she could've released an EP with them instead. Also who feels like listening to an album that's about fighting patriarchy and then suddenly crying over an ex? There were so many important feminist / ecology / anti-patriarchy / anticapitalist / gender roles themes to explore and we only got a few songs about it. And really, if she thinks that singing "I'mma free, I'mma free womaaaaaan" in a deluxe will do this record any justice, she's wrong. I hope, however, that this song is not as hollow as it seems.

Anyway, I still come back to Ancient Dreams, Venus Fly Trap, Man's World and Highly Emotional People. What great tunes.

EH ≥ TFJ > FROOT >> ADIAML >> L+F

You got a point but idk, personally I think the breakup songs have better lyrics as they're relatable & right on the point (and Marina's lyricism stands out for being like that) so I'm glad these songs are there

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

9 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Why do y'all feel the need to bump that thead with the 101st edition of album rankings right now? :rip:

Everytime I see this thread on the front page, I think there are some news about the Deluxe and then it's just some of you fighting whether EH is her best or worst album ever 💀

fr..

SHUT UP!

RVhKIwP.gif

Omg Happy Loner on Friday?? x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS