Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Not me remembering all out of the blue that the first couple times I listened to Living Dead I thought the lyrics were "I'm heavenly blind, I'm heavenly blond" :deadbanana: 

:eartha: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

16 hours ago, eggciting said:

Hypocrates is such a bop and one of the best songs on Electra Heart

And you would believe how many people hated it when it got released, it's a standout. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

Not me remembering all out of the blue that the first couple times I listened to Living Dead I thought the lyrics were "I'm heavenly blind, I'm heavenly blond" :deadbanana: 

:eartha: 

Not me realizing those aren’t the real lyrics until just now 😓

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

On 5/15/2022 at 5:46 PM, eyelovelefteye said:

Honestly surprised the Platinum vinyl is sold out on Warner, Amazon, Rough Trade & her site!!! Do we know how many copies it’s limited to? It’s still available at Barnes & Merchbar, get one before they’re gone, it’s a few cents cheaper on Merchbar. 

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/electra-heart/37983413

https://www.merchbar.com/pop/marina/marina-electra-heart-platinum-blonde-edition-vinyl-record

My gma passed in September 2012 & this CD was a constant in my portable CD player during all the long hours at the hospital, it’s definitely gonna brighten a dark time for me when the platinum edition arrives in the mail this September :poordat:

I don't get it how they constantly have so few items in her stock and can't make more

original.gif

Here's a great video of her announcement where you can see her become emotional as she announces the news of her departure from Atlanitc Records - 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 hour ago, House of Balloons said:

what does this mean in terms of future music?

Artistic and scheduling freedom probably. As long as her management is good she won't have to sacrifice good promo but idk about budget :eek: (It's not like the label was giving her that much for MVs anyway so she'll be fine self funding)

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Artistic and scheduling freedom probably. As long as her management is good she won't have to sacrifice good promo but idk about budget :eek: (It's not like the label was giving her that much for MVs anyway so she'll be fine self funding)

thank you. artistic freedom is what i'm curious about the most, i wonder how much say Atlantic had 

I hope Derek, Lizzy, and her are still friends. But glad to see her having the ability to go the path that she wanted to

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

5 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

thank you. artistic freedom is what i'm curious about the most, i wonder how much say Atlantic had 

iirc she's talked about having control over her art, but then again, she's also discussed things like Atlantic sitting on FROOT forever and refusing to fund its mixing and photoshoot, the HTBAH video getting delayed because Atlantic thought she was ugly in it and wanted to make edits, Atlantic telling her to scrap 3 songs from EH's standard tracklist and getting her to scrap 2, Atlantic refusing Bubblegum Bitch as a single, etc. etc.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

29 minutes ago, AlexIl said:

iirc she's talked about having control over her art, but then again, she's also discussed things like Atlantic sitting on FROOT forever and refusing to fund its mixing and photoshoot, the HTBAH video getting delayed because Atlantic thought she was ugly in it and wanted to make edits, Atlantic telling her to scrap 3 songs from EH's standard tracklist and getting her to scrap 2, Atlantic refusing Bubblegum Bitch as a single, etc. etc.

this is the first time i hear about the htbah thing, what the fuck 

5 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

Atlantic is truly the pits, we HATE them! :biblio:

37 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

she also talks about it briefly in this interview (at 1:34)