Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

5 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

so who's gonna l word sinful "final" 

I wanna hear it so badly, her vocals sound so godly. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

16 hours ago, Real Bad Girl said:

It's fake.

There's only the Logic Pro file!

same difference, apart from this is just the WAV file. both are usually exported with logic but WAV doesn’t encode as much meta data, so you won’t see any Logic tags in the file etc. I’ve compared both with Spek as well and it’s certainly real.

:w8ing:

Fun fact but I really couldn't enjoy CIAW at first listen cause I was used to the crappy Discord recordings of it and they felt like they had more energy than the leaked file nnnn. It's still a nice song nonetheless. 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

On 7/9/2022 at 1:12 AM, Life said:

same difference, apart from this is just the WAV file. both are usually exported with logic but WAV doesn’t encode as much meta data, so you won’t see any Logic tags in the file etc. I’ve compared both with Spek as well and it’s certainly real.

:w8ing:

I agree, it's real and in higher quality than the original leak. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

12 minutes ago, COCC said:

Do you know what she means with

The feminine is born as new
Started with a diamond dew

Diamond dew?  :stareney2:

sounds maybe like a reference with the birth of venus being in water (venus being associated with femininity and love) - and maybe just describing dew that's bright as a diamond? not sure. 

9ISvyf0.gif

8 hours ago, COCC said:

Do you know what she means with

The feminine is born as new
Started with a diamond dew

Diamond dew?  :stareney2:

I think it’s “studded”, but yeah idk what a diamond dew is

I hope Sinful final doesn't have that tiring long-ass outro like its demo

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

Sinful one of her best no its true :true:

It deserves to be released in the long-teased outtakes compilation album.

Along with Miss Y, Scab and Plaster and Bad Kidz. 

2 hours ago, vrtvie said:

Does she have rights to the masters though now that she's indie?

Knowing her, she will do everything to own the masters. 

I'm guessing that's why she's hard on touring. I just can't imagine her being fine with not owning all her masters. 

She's a millionairess so I guess that she can buy back her demos 

Spoiler

Also wtf is her label gonna do with scrapped quirky songs about mother nature, nobody is gonna buy and record those demos :toofloppy:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

5 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Along with Miss Y, Scab and Plaster and Bad Kidz. 

Bad Kidz was lowkey released with the Hollywood Vinyl single back in 2010 and its also the final mix version of the song. It deserves to be on streaming tho

17 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Bad Kidz was lowkey released with the Hollywood Vinyl single back in 2010 and its also the final mix version of the song. It deserves to be on streaming tho

I know, but it's seems like she even forgot about that song and didn't include it on the TFJ deluxe 😔 at least we got the title track. 

The final mix is so good compared to the leaked demo, I love how her voice sounds. I'm glad we got a proper vinyl rip after many years having a MQ recording lol

22 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Along with Miss Y, Scab and Plaster and Bad Kidz

the second verse and bridge of that song is some of her best writing ever yea its true :nails:

10 hours ago, vrtvie said:

TFJ deluxe deserved better, so did EH, ugh stanning her is so frustrating sometimes. I wonder what she's up to now...

Completely agree. 

I just hope her next album is not the same political stuff she has been feeding us in the last two eras. 

On 4/9/2019 at 12:11 PM, 400lux said:

1. Scab & Plaster

2. Obsessions
3. Starlight

4. Fear and Loathing

5. Hermit the Frog

6. Bad Kidz

7. Froot

8. Oh No!

9. Immortal

10. Buy the Stars

11. Starring Role

(i put this in order but....they switch order all the time)

why has this list aged like fine wine.....id move around a few placements but its still relatively true for me

also there isn't much else to talk about so, what are yalls top 10 marina songs?