Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

32 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

That name is awful, something someone like Lizzo would call her Label. Doesn’t fit Marina…

it actually does...

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

oh by the way i really like how she sings "owned by a sheik who killed thousands of gay men". was listening to man's world this afternoon after a while and i really think she sings that line tenderly!

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

maybe queenie has to do with her new project tarot.gif

Now an album called something like Queen Of Hearts? I would eat that up

Also really interested to know what the logo of this label is like I need the details

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

the way there's a level of comfort for people to just bash artists on here makes me so sad - not that i'm new to the internet or haven't participated in this myself, but, can't we feel positive about art and people's progress in this life I don't get it 

3 hours ago, meth daytona said:

the way there's a level of comfort for people to just bash artists on here makes me so sad - not that i'm new to the internet or haven't participated in this myself, but, can't we feel positive about art and people's progress in this life I don't get it 

i generally agree that many people love to hate on artists here but i also feel like more often than not it’s simply fans criticizing & talking an artist’s work because you should be allowed to analyze and think about someone’s art regardless of whether they like it or not

i don’t disagree with your point though :oprah3:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

does anyone have that froot photoshoot outtake that leaked the other day? in HQ 

i haven’t listened to marina for ages, but i have the urge to listen to froot and some more of her stuff. her first three albums are so perfectly curated :hdu: Solitaire reminds me of this one bus journey in december 2019 i need that energy back

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

does anyone have that froot photoshoot outtake that leaked the other day? in HQ 

i haven’t listened to marina for ages, but i have the urge to listen to froot and some more of her stuff. her first free albums are so perfectly curated :hdu: Solitaire reminds me of this one bus journey in december 2019 i need that energy back

do you mean these? reddit has them in lq

FROOT is her opus magnum. Her best effort. The more minimalistic production, the softness of the melodies yet the boldness coming out of them, the cohesiveness. To me, FROOT is in a way a definition of a perfectly balanced and well-structured album. A masterpiece :) and seeing the general direction that Miss Diamandis takes with her newer art pieces, I somehow doubt she will ever top it. I mean, L+F is... meh. There are a couple of stunning tracks, but many of them sound utterly artificial... and sound to me as half-ass products, in a way. ADIAML was a giant step forward - I love the addition of Family Jewels vibes in the more uptempo tracks, i.e. that sprinkle of quirkiness and theatricality, which are just some of the elements that made me fall in love with TFJ. Ancient Dreams... has far more good moments than bad - most of the tracks are great, but I feel like the substance is missing somewhere... Like, it seems to me to be more of a collection of songs than a big picture idea. Just some thoughts. Sorry, bye.

That very short but oh so groovy bass intro in Froot (the song) is so fucking good. I wish it was more consistent and louder during the the rest of the song too :thirst: :sadcore2: 

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 11/12/2022 at 11:23 AM, 13beachess said:

Orange Tree is cute! I NEVER listen to it though. And I can't recall which year I last did...:toofunny:

Worst album and album cover (LOVE cover >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FEAR cover) for sure.

But from time to time I listen to Handmade Heaven, Emotional Machine, The End Of The Earth, To Be Human, Believe In Love and Too Afraid. Good tracks!

Enjoy Your Life and True are... kinda dumb songs. BUT very cute too imo.

The stains that are Karma and You on the other hand.......:creep: (And about Baby... well just say in my house we ignore that song for the most part...)

our joint slay in having the exact same opinions on this album..

i’ve never understood why baby & karma are so well loved!! they suck!! (respectfully) 😭

orange trees is a fun cute summer bop, enjoy your life is basic but like, it bops

the only one you mentioned that i don’t like is to be human 😭 it feels like it’s trying to be deep but it’s way too vague to actually say anything meaningful

21 minutes ago, brandon said:

our joint slay in having the exact same opinions on this album..

i’ve never understood why baby & karma are so well loved!! they suck!! (respectfully) 😭

orange trees is a fun cute summer bop, enjoy your life is basic but like, it bops

the only one you mentioned that i don’t like is to be human 😭 it feels like it’s trying to be deep but it’s way too vague to actually say anything meaningful

baby was a bop at the time. not a very interesting song but I was bopping my ass off back then. but now she's p boring

as for Karma, its good lyrically imo adequate but I see it like Til It Happens To You: a song I dont listen to because they're not songs that you really can just casually listen to

Edited by godsmonster

negAbhB.png

On 11/16/2022 at 2:04 PM, the ocean said:

so uh hey

if anyone has a masterpost i'd really appreciate it :bebe:

thought i had the files saved but apparently i didn't

the other link someone else posted didn't work for me so i thought i'd share in case it didn't for you either, this is everything i've ever downloaded besides her early mixtape stuff which i ignore... but i haven't updated it for probably over a year at this point

:bebe: https://mega.nz/folder/GPpVgLzZ#DqQ758WpPTOg_V6N3h8F9Q

sUcVobB.png

2 hours ago, honeybadger said:

the other link someone else posted didn't work for me so i thought i'd share in case it didn't for you either, this is everything i've ever downloaded besides her early mixtape stuff which i ignore... but i haven't updated it for probably over a year at this point

:bebe: https://mega.nz/folder/GPpVgLzZ#DqQ758WpPTOg_V6N3h8F9Q

i just tried that other one and it didn't, so this is a good start! thanks :kiss2:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif