Make me your Dream Life

Where Are You Now As A Lana Del Rey Fan? / What Does Being A Lana Del Rey Fan Mean To You?

I look back on that shy and lonely little 12 year old and now see the confident and lonely 22 year old and am amused how Lana’s been there through all the changes and almost none at all. I really do feel like from BTD-BB she evolved with me. NFR will always be my coming-of-age album; a coming of age I thought I’d have when LFL was released, but of course I was fashionably late. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

known about her for years, since 2012 now and the first time i heard her i was hooked. for a while this year my interest dwindled but all it took was one play of west coast on spotify and now im interested again lol <3 i feel like on my journey rn im stuck in the world of ultraviolence. i know everyone loves that album but its themes are so personal to me and reflect my life and i cant move on, but im eternally grateful that lana moved out of ultraviolence <333

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

10 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

a decade of loving this woman with all my heart

actually it was probably the only right and the best decision I've made for myself 10 years ago with my poor undeveloped 15 year old brain

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I'm a fan now for 7 years and I can only repeat what others said on here already. I feel at home & starting to listen to her a few months before Honeymoon dropped was probably one of the best decisions I ever made:oprah:

Every album has a special place in my heart & no one elses music touches my soul like her music does & means so much to me. I met some amazing people as well because of her music & being a fan of hers, which I'm super grateful for:wowcry:

I hope it doesn't sound crazy  lol but like being a Lana fan is a part of my life, maybe something like a hobby too & my life would feel emptier without her music & without being in touch with other fans:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Im at the lowest interest I had since I found out about her. I think I started listening to her in 2013 maybe 2014 and became a huge fan, I was also depressed at the time I think and I really liked a lot of the songs and got comfort from them. Honeymoon was the first album I bought and on the day it came out and I really looked forward to LFL and NFR being released but since them I didn't have a lot of interest in Chemtrails or BB, I didn't feel like I needed them or was excited to hear them.

I also don't really listen to her a lot now, the older songs I liked when depressed I don't like to listen to now and the new albums I quite like but I don't really listen to them either. I more just listen to some random songs of her sometimes.

It’s hard to explain. Ever since i realized the toxicity of ‘stan culture’ i haven’t been on lanaboards as much. getting close to new, emerging and attention tracking artists and talking to them frequently, i can realize how hard it is for normal people to have such a crazy big fan base and have people up your ass all the time, wanting more and more from you no matter how much you give, and never being satisfied by it. i think this has really changed for me in the past year because not only do i respect her as a person but i respect her as an artist and see her as just that. a human artist. It’s helped me learn to not be so obsessed with her merch, her music, watching her every move when new threads about paparazzi pictures get made because it just feels weird and inhuman to me. to each their own tho, if you want to see pics of her every day go right ahead but i’ve realized that i don’t really need or want to anymore because she’s just another talented human. and a great artist! 

giphy.gif

I've had this strange sort of hyper awareness of Lana since about 2012, and I'd been listening to Video Games since then, but 2017 was when I really got into her discography and fell in love :heart: Lana's music has essentially been the soundtrack to my life for so long now

imageproxy.jpg

I fell in instantly 2012. No other artist inspired more than she did and she spoke to me bc she had a similar range, glam yet trendy and super feminine- which was everything I strived to be at the time. Now I go back to her old music and I find inspiration but I do not like the new albums as much. BTD PARADISE is amazing, UV is great and Honeymoon is surprisingly good but after those albums are eh. I will say her last good album to me is NFR.  But now I'm so disappointed in her work and the stunts she' s done lately. 

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Been a fan since BTD, dropped off in honeymoon era (humiliating but I hated high by the beach) and got back on board hardcore when she released hope is a dangerous thing as a single. Rn am in a less obsessive mode than usual Re Lana (go thru periods where I only want to listen to her, read about her etc) but obviously still loooove. BB doesn’t quite work as an album for me even tho I love many of the songs, but can’t wait to see what she does next ALWAYS. One of my favorite songwriters of all time forever :wub:

aOaIzH2.gif

She instantly drew me in and made me an obsessed fan back in 2012 when I was 13-14. My interest was at its peak in 2012-2014 (through end of UV era) since I was a lonely, depressed, closeted teen with nothing better to do than to stan her and Britney online, and Lana was so unique and different compared to pop music at the time. 

I remember getting slightly less interested in 2015 with Honeymoon, not because I didn’t love the album or her, I think I was just distracted with other things. I was excited for and obsessed with LFL when it came out, I don’t like it much now. 

Again, I didn’t really follow her between eras, but I did listen to MAC, VB, and DT when they came out. When NFR finally came out, it reinvigorated my love for her. It’s my #2 favorite album of all time, and the NFR/Bartender/HIAB is one of my favorite music videos. 

I got annoyed and probably my least happy I’ve ever been with her in 2020 with her Instagram controversies, meeting with fans with the jewel face mask during the pandemic when there were no vaccines, her filming herself while driving on what looked like a curvy mountain road, her repeatedly delaying albums, giving fake album release dates and titles, and false promises, and just her arrogant attitude. 

And then I was really disappointed in both COTCC and BB. I like COTCC more now than release, but Blue Banisters might be my least favorite release of hers ever. And it sucks, because everything she’s put out and all her unreleased music has always just clicked with me. So I was super disappointed that her most recent albums weren’t clicking, and ironically, it made me post here more because I’ve been going back and forth between being disappointed and angry and trying to convince myself I like them lol. 

That being said, I don’t feel like I’ve ever stopped being a fan or my fan card has ever decreased in any way. Like even with me being more obsessed in 2012-2014, I feel like I’ve been at a constant level of Lana fan status this whole decade where I just will never not be a fan unless she does something truly awful in character. I have very slightly less confidence in her artistic vision now due to her two most recent albums though.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I don’t even remember when I started listenining to her, it’s just something I always did? My first ever liked YouTube video is Young and Beautiful, I wrote about her in my notebook from 5th grade when we were supposed to write about our favourite singer, I remember sitting in my room at night as a pre-teen and listening to her unreleased songs. She’s a part of me and my childhood, and the only artist I regularly listen to and whose whole discography I know (ok, maybe besides Sirens, I do love her early stuff but I never really cared for this one). For me it can be perfectly summed up with this one Tumblr post: 

literally it cannot be overstated how much of an impact lana del rey’s born to die had on the pop culture landscape when it was released like something in the atmosphere shifted permanently. she is an evil woman but i will never forget the first time i listened to ‘off to the races’ and was like wow i genuinely had no idea music could sound like this

by @holdoncallfailed. 

For a long time I only listened to her and knew only basic info about her as a person, I have never read interviews or anything. I also stopped around time LFL came out, I started listening to different artists and to her more occasionally. I was so out of loop that I found out she released a new album (NFR in 2019) from a Tumblr gifset, lol. I gave it a try but didn’t like it at all, it reminded me too much of ballads from LFL which I disliked. But also at that time I joined Lana group on fb and finally started being active in fandom, which renewed my love for her. 

I think of NFR (which I absolutely love rn) as an end of a decade of Lana. She was truly the most influential artist of 2010s, Born To Die is an iconic album which beats records to this day, she definitely left a mark in popular music history. It’s not hard to notice that her newer albums are quite different from her previous work, more personal and maybe less impactful, and I thought that it may be a time for us to part ways, but here I am, growing to love a lot of songs from BB and some from COTCC. After reading old threads on here I also discovered how fascinating her past is and how many mysteries about her are there.