American Whore

Lanaboards Book Club (First Book Announced! Lolita!)

8 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

She wrote it herself :dua:

Yeah sure lol. No celebrities or politicians write their own books. The publishers will insist actually, as its much cheaper than many revisions and will have better writing. Not that they need too insist. Mostly the ghost writer interviews them extensively. They then write as the person and the celebrity makes changes. Interesting if you’re interested in the celebrity. But quite boring stuff if you aren’t. That said, I’m a bit hypocritical on this as I will be the first in line to buy girl With The Most Cake Courtney Love’s upcoming memoir. But she is very open about her ghostwriter and editing team. But yeah celebrity memoirs are hardly literary.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

i don’t know what i’d necessarily suggest bc i’ve been reading mostly through v.c andrews’ repertoire of books & i think they’re too extreme subject-wise & honestly objectively… not fine art, although i would be down for reading lolita, which is also quite disturbing, but it’s also a classic & could be a fantastic book for discussions, in general i’d say that i’m pretty open to anything as of right now, but i do have interest in horror books as well as general “classics”

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don’t know what i’d necessarily suggest bc i’ve been reading mostly through v.c andrews’ repertoire of books & i think they’re too extreme subject-wise & honestly objectively… not fine art, although i would be down for reading lolita, which is also quite disturbing, but it’s also a classic & could be a fantastic book for discussions, in general i’d say that i’m pretty open to anything as of right now, but i do have interest in horror books as well as general “classics”

Also Paradise Lost, But I’ve read it’s difficult to read…

EDIT:

Really any Lana related would be cool

EDIT MKII:

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Flip-Side:_Real_and_Imaginary_Conversations_with_Lana_Del_Rey_(book)

IMG-3521.jpg

On 8/12/2022 at 3:00 AM, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Also Paradise Lost, But I’ve read it’s difficult to read…

EDIT:

Really any Lana related would be cool

I've tried Paradise Lost and it is too hard (I'm not a native speaker and although I study English as a foreign language it was still too hard lol)

I also tired Leaves Of Grass by Walt Whitman (inspiration for Lana's Body Electric) and it was also a bit too difficult, I just stopped after some time 'cus, I mean, I understand the words, but I have no idea what the f was he trying to say

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

How about something like John Fowles’ “The Collector”. It’s essentially a re-writing of Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” and brings up many questions regarding the nature of obsession, art and authenticity. I would love to read it again.

Here’s the Goodreads link to it: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/243705.The_Collector

35 minutes ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

I've tried Paradise Lost and it is too hard (I'm not a native speaker and although I study English as a foreign language it was still too hard lol)

I also tired Leaves Of Grass by Walt Whitman (inspiration for Lana's Body Electric) and it was also a bit too difficult, I just stopped after some time 'cus, I mean, I understand the words, but I have no idea what the f was he trying to say

Certain important parts of Leaves of Grass and Paradise Lost can be read, I read both and I think they’re highly influential must-reads.

On 8/11/2022 at 8:45 PM, Pretty On The Indide said:

Yeah sure lol. No celebrities or politicians write their own books. The publishers will insist actually, as its much cheaper than many revisions and will have better writing. Not that they need too insist. Mostly the ghost writer interviews them extensively. They then write as the person and the celebrity makes changes. Interesting if you’re interested in the celebrity. But quite boring stuff if you aren’t. That said, I’m a bit hypocritical on this as I will be the first in line to buy girl With The Most Cake Courtney Love’s upcoming memoir. But she is very open about her ghostwriter and editing team. But yeah celebrity memoirs are hardly literary.

not denying celebrities do what you said but you clearly don't know anything about her and this situation lol also it's not because we're fans of janette, it's about the hollywood industry and how they treat child stars and what parents are capable to do with their own children. like I get you want to read other stuff and I think we should start with something related to lana but it really isn't the case and I think this book should be considered in the future too

edit: if more people agree with reading it of course!

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

On 8/11/2022 at 9:56 PM, Surf Noir said:

same!!!

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:56 AM, Surf Noir said:

Lolita is actually an extraordinary book. Masterfully written and incredibly innovative use of diction. And he was not even writing in his native language… 

i started reading They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera but havent picked it bak up yet cos my focus isnt on reading

but if this book club decides to read it then ill finally have something to urge me to read it lmao

5 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

I asked a librarian at my local book store for recommendations and she gave me a copy of her cd and a bag of meth. I got that bitch fired :true:

Here's the cd she gave me:

Sky-Ferreira-Night-Time-My-Time-2014-Cd.

Why would uou get her fired wtf….addicts need jobs too. 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

So I wanted to start the voting yesterday, but I think starting the voting this coming up Sunday would be better, just so we have more suggestions. Submit more suggestions in the questionnaire on the first page so we'll have a good mix of different stuff!!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole