Surf Noir

Unfinished/Rough Lana Demos Which Have Potential?

29 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Blue Banisters (Album) - oh, wait... :gasp:

i know this is a joke but most of the new songs in there could use a little polishing lol especially the title track

I would've loved to hear Lana explore Elvis and Pin Up Galore more and fully flesh them out. Joshy and I would've been really nice to hear finished as well. Also, I know there's an unleaked studio version with full production out there, but Ben has some of the best lyrics she's ever written and I want them released :true:

imageproxy.jpg

Last week I was thinking about how goog a track Pin Up Galore is, and wondering how Lana would perform it now.

I love Super Movie as a demo, but I think part of its beauty is that, so I'm scared I wouldn't like a final version of it.

Also, Delicious... "They're disgusting, I'm delicious" :toofunny: energy-wise is so good, less cringy lyrics and more HBIC quotes and it would snap.

On Our Way in a more Love Song chill vibe would be really cute. I actually preferm the demo guitar than the final version with the drums because of that. I think the lyrics and the melody are just so sweet.

Also, Caught You Boy. Sparks for sure:sluttybunny:

Motel 6 (Midnight Vamp Version) in LDR 9 incoming! Because of all the name drops we got in Blue Banisters. I think it would be fun as a reworked version of the lyrics because now Lana and her friends are older, and Chuck has a kid lol, but they still have those late night random gateways anyways.

You & Me is so Paradise EP, but the melody is good. A lot of Paradise outtakes have so much potential actually.

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Spoiler

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT
BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

BOOM LIKE THAT

one, two..

even my best days withouuut you

are nothing in comparison

to my worst days once I had foound you

once I had you

I had everything

I had everything

I had everything

please don't leeeeeave

its all happening

:dance::dance:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

2 hours ago, godsmonster said:

Ave Maria

ooh this is such a good answer! it’s such a fantastic & cinematic instrumental, it would’ve been amazing to have lana’s vocals on that, but at the same time, it’s quite complex & i wouldn’t be surprised if lana felt intimidated by it

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

32 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

ooh this is such a good answer! it’s such a fantastic & cinematic instrumental, it would’ve been amazing to have lana’s vocals on that, but at the same time, it’s quite complex & i wouldn’t be surprised if lana felt intimidated by it

true

its funny that it’s from UV because it sounds so much like it would be from Paradise

negAbhB.png

Came here to say Ben and I'm glad I'm not the only one :crying4:.

Honestly almost all of the laptop demos and acapella songs we have have some potential. Maybe not the hot potato song :hide: but there's a lot of interesting melodies and lyrics in those tracks. I still listen a lot to C U L8R Alligator and its unofficial studio version.

For the newer tracks... I'd like to listen to the whole LA Who Am I song and even if it's mostly instrumental the melody is so catchy... I wish she made it a full song.

giphy.gif

All Smiles deserved a spot on AKA! I would love to hear it with a full production.

Daytona Meth too but I think it wouldn't be as iconic if it were overproduced and glossy.

Gogo Dancer has serious potential imo... imagine it with production like Gangsta Boy, Dangerous Girl, True Love on the Side...

tenor.gif?itemid=26222673

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩ Life is just a bubble and it's filled with air ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

RoLL WiTh ME oN tHe RaDiO (it's a dance track)

zDKUK0B.gif

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Loving the VOTD love :wub:

I think If I Die Young and Your Band Is All the Rage deserve special mention here. Whether or not IIDY is actually finalized and just LQ idk but it still sounds a little rough; there’s absolute magic in both of these songs though

whatarecoloris.jpg

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Came here to say Ben and I'm glad I'm not the only one :crying4:.

Honestly almost all of the laptop demos and acapella songs we have have some potential. Maybe not the hot potato song :hide: but there's a lot of interesting melodies and lyrics in those tracks. I still listen a lot to C U L8R Alligator and its unofficial studio version.

For the newer tracks... I'd like to listen to the whole LA Who Am I song and even if it's mostly instrumental the melody is so catchy... I wish she made it a full song.

the “hot potato” song (bad boy) seems to have vague similarities to “paris” so in a way, it was used again for something more finalized 

it’s really interesting how that song (bad boy) is from the same session as playing dangerous 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

2 hours ago, LOVE said:

All Smiles deserved a spot on AKA! I would love to hear it with a full production.

Daytona Meth too but I think it wouldn't be as iconic if it were overproduced and glossy.

Gogo Dancer has serious potential imo... imagine it with production like Gangsta Boy, Dangerous Girl, True Love on the Side...

All Smiles turned into Carmen though didn't it? technically?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole