Surf Noir

Unfinished/Rough Lana Demos Which Have Potential?

1 hour ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

All Smiles turned into Carmen though didn't it? technically?

The opening line of All Smiles was used in Carmen, but the song itself is really different. Completely different story. Definitely one of my favourites x

Aside from that one, other “rough” demos that I’d love to see get the full classic Lana Del Rey production treatment are Your Band is All the Rage, You’re Gonna Love Me, Disco, Money Hunny, Noir, Baby Blue Love, C U L8r Alligator, Hangin’ Around, Valley of the Dolls, Run Motorcycle, “The Man I Love” segment from the Trash Magic demo, & the opening parts of Heartshaped Chevrolet, as of course the latter half of the song essentially became On Our Way & Every Man Gets His Wish. 
I’m tempted to add Pin-Up Galore to the list, but I feel like the versions we have already are perfect for the song because they really capture the vibe of it. Same w Wayamaya.
Would also love to see Lana versions of some May Jailer tracks such as Pretty Baby, Out with a Bang, and Bad Disease.

Also Ben, but apparently a studio version does already exist. (though I’m paging @butterflies to please make a remix using the acapella we have of it & Run Motorcycle. I’m surprised no one has tried to make fitting full versions of those with the acapellas we have)

9 hours ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

think Midnite Dancer Girlfriend, Baby Blue Love, Bentley, Elvis, C U L8R Alligator, and Bikini Gold also have potential for greatness as well

Another great one. I really like this remix Kristopher Prophet did. It’s not perfect since the acapella we have isn’t great quality, but I do enjoy listening to it. It has sort of a dark, creepy, grunge feel to it. Also, Kristijan Majic / butterflies did a great remix for C U L8r that I really love -

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

not sure if it's unfinished per se but disco? could see it being a song on aka but I see why it wasn't on there considering there were already two similar melancholy guitar-ish songs, oh say can you see and pawn shop blues. But i would've liked to hear it with a bit more production like kill kill or oh say can you see just like violins or something accompanying it lol.

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

1. It‘s not unfinished but it sounds pretty rough: Television Heaven / Coca Cola (the rough demo with the Coca Cola jingle as part of the melody).
  2. Noir - I can’t imagine her singing it nowadays but that song has mad potential
  3. Afraid - This song actually could have worked very well with Jack Antonoff‘s production
  4. Your Band is All the Rage - Beautiful song and I could still see her singing this song with a different arrangement nowadays.
  5. Hawaiian Tropic (along with every other version of EMGHW)
  6. Junky Pride - My personal favourite from Sirens