mssainttropez

top 5 most poetic lana songs

i feel like with every new album lana makes, they get so much more poetic. specifically blue banisters, but even her earlier albums had meaning behind some of her songs. lana is truly an extraordinary writer and only has sang a handful she didn't write. please share your thoughts on this <33

:die:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

in my opinion lana's top 5 most poetic songs are:

1. blue banisters 

2. textbook

3. venice bitch

4. this is what makes us girls

5. watercolor eyes 

the whole blue banisters album is pure poetry and it's way more personal to lana. i adore all of her songs so much. some honorable mentions would be ultraviolence and summertime sadness.

okay edit: 

1. blue banisters 

2. hope is a dangerous thing 

3. wildflower wildfire & textbook

4. venice bitch 

5. this is what makes us girls 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

methamphetamines - the lyrics to this song are straight-up a poem, they’re very pretty & evocative 

axl rose husband - one of my all-time favorites, sonically it’s very hypnotizing & the lyrics are also really cool

honeymoon - such a marvelous love song, it’s luscious, mysterious, with a touch of darkness which i absolutely adore

off to the races - this has to be lana’s best-written song, ever, it amazes me to think that she even conceptualized this because it’s a genuine masterpiece, this song is so complex, rich, & intense, i could talk about this song for hours, honestly

oh say can you see - this is another song which feels “poetic” in a very literal way, the lyrics are simple & sweet but are very effective, it’s dreamy & spacey, yet down to earth & naturalistic, it’s another all-time favorite <3

honestly there are so, so many lana songs which could fit this descriptor because she’s a genius songwriter, even her earliest works from her sirens era are very talented lyrically, she’s just the best <3

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Honeymoon

Get Free

Mariners Apartment Complex

Hope is a Dangerous Thing

Wildflower Wildfire

i forgot about hope is a dangerous thing, wildflower wildfire, and honeymoon adding to my list

:ohmy:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

all of them really but my top 5:

hope is a dangerous thing contains maybe my favourite imagery of all time 

off to the races - @Surf Noir and her sharp way w words explained it perfectly <3

elvis!! 

out with a bang

try tonight

obviously really in love w her early songwriting - i just find the subject matter of her early stuff especially moving - but i can't ignore her newer songs too i.e. text book which is so multifaceted and complex and melts together sm images and issues. ahh my favourite songwriter :trisha: 

mUENGN9.png

Hope sure is amongst her most poetic lyrics.

The Greatest also (the outro :defeated:)
Blue Banisters / WFWF

Off to the Races has some of her best writing. 
Mariners is clever as hell, but maybe not the most poetic lyric-wise.

Heroin is pure poetry.