PatentLeatherDoOver

What 5-7 Lana Songs Chronicle/Mirror Events From Your Life?

1. Video Games/Summertime Sadness (my first Lana songs, the moment I heard them changed my life forever)

2. Ride (a fcking masterpiece, sounds like a soundtrack to a crucial moment in my life that's yet to come)

3. Brooklyn Baby

4. If You Lie Down With Me (perfectly expresses my desire for a relationship)

5. Thunder (I relate to the lyrics so much)

Spoiler

These are the first ones I could think of. I'd probably need a few hours to find more accurate ones. Fascinating how much music can resonate with someoneĀ :rock:

Ā 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Hmmmm might have to change my answer but atmĀ 

Ā 

TIWMUG, not a girl, but I remember just wanting to be in love when I was younger, also I remember walking a literal dirt path at an industrial area for a job interview at the time. It was hot

Ā 

Norman the title track. At the time, it felt so crazy being able to understand what the album was about from a social sense, and it was an incredibly healing song and album, and made me feel less isolated, crazy and moreĀ sane.Ā 
Ā 

White Dress, cus I also had a jobĀ waitering and I also did feel a bit in more control of life getting tips and always reminiscing about those simpler times when I had less responsibilities.Ā 
Ā 

Definitely not to the degree of marriageĀ but Blue Banisters was and is an incredibly healing track for me, watching people around meā€™s lives sort of progress and blossom w love (happy for them) to having to stabilize center and restore myself.Ā I consider it personally to be an NFR title track follow up. I was actually helping someone paint some physicalĀ banisters blue at one point and idk the universe seemed to align grateful.Ā 
Ā 

edit: WC always underlyingly, for me, between wanting to work towards my goalsĀ and just wanting or letting myself fall in love. Being on thee west coast and being from california also takes it to another immersive levelĀ 

Ā 

Some other stuff but those 4 at the top of my head atm, her musicā€™s been such a great guide, almost friend to walk w in life and Iā€™ll always be grateful.Ā 

UV/Honeymoon

- Mariners Apartment Complex (Introduced me to Lana, really helped me when I had been outed which was happening at the time)

- Summertime Sadness (Summer 2019 I lost a lot of things, and I remember this song just really resonated at the time)

- God Knows I Tried (I used to listen to this Winter and Spring 2019/20 on my way to school. It was icy cold and the sky was red, blue, yellowā€¦ God Knows I Tried was a phrase I really felt at that time. I was very confused)

- White Dress (I started my first job a year ago today, and I remember listening to White Dress on repeat on my way there and back the first few months. Getting a job at a restaurant really changed my life and I met so many incredible friends.)

- This Is What Makes Us Girls (This summer I made so many new friends, went out partying so much and doing things I canā€™t mention! Iā€™ve grown up, started having fun and being confident. I really resonate with TIWMUG at the moment.)

Ā 

There are more that could fit, like Black Bathing Suit, Get Free and How to disappear. However, these are the most important I feel.

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

a.k.a lizzy grant - my all-time favorite album, it speaks to my soul like nothing else ever could, it makes me feel so nostalgic, itā€™s truly the best album iā€™ll ever know

Ā 

lizzy grant songs in general, itā€™s no secret how much i adore this time of her career, it just speaks to me so much, i love the sounds she explored, the visuals, the aesthetics, the vibes, i wouldnā€™t be the same without it

Ā 

peace - such a sad & beautiful song, i relate to it a lot in my own ways, it has this sense of depthlessĀ vulnerability that i have

Ā 

blue jeans - i can relate to this song because of a certain person i felt very strongly about, this is what made me like this song a lot more, it used to be one of my least-favorites!

Ā 

without you - basically the same as blue jeans except with a different person

Ā 

thereā€™s definitely more than this but honestly iā€™m too lazy to go over anymore lol

WGe8ynS.gif

Venice Bitch - being mentally ill/insaneĀ :toofunny:,Ā acknowledging the transience of life, jealous of your love lyric might be one of her lyrics Iā€™ve related to the most, also I feel like it speaks to my inner child because I read the novel The Outsiders inĀ middle school and itĀ has the nothing gold can stay poemĀ 
White Dress - I do miss being 19Ā 

Cruel World -Ā I feel like anyone whoā€™s gone through a toxicĀ breakup can relateĀ 

The greatest - definitely have been burnt out,Ā I do miss doing nothing most of all

Change

sgopYhV.gif

Out With A Bang, Hope and Change are songs I find myself listening to and feeling a really deep connection towards on a personal level. Cinnamon Girl and Pretty When You Cry have become super relevant to me this past year as well

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā imageproxy.jpg

Not literally cause obviously Lana lyrics are either very overdramatic or very specific. Nevertheless, her music has been the soudtrack to my life for quite some time now and so there are some songs that are deeply connected to certain memories.

Ā 

Ā 

Burning Desire - Back in the Paradise era, my fanboyism was the strongest. I barely listened to anything else but Lana. BD became the theme song to my first big crush (on a straight dude, sigh). I also got my driver licence back then and drove around a lot, listening to that song while being heartbroken. So yeah, as cringeworthy as it feels saying it now, this one is the track that has the most literal connevtion to my life.Ā 

Ā 

Fuck It I Love You - Summer 2019 was pretty nice, the first summer in a new city for me (I had moved there for university). I went to a bigĀ festivalĀ and didĀ some greatĀ short trips with my newly foundĀ friends and also had some bigĀ projects for degree. However,Ā there was one week during summer break where I was more or less "alone", as none of my friends were in town. Weather had been very autumn-y the weeks before, but the summer came back again and all examns, papersĀ and projects for that semesterĀ were done. s

So I spent most of that weekĀ going swimming, reading books in the sun and enjoiying life, which felt as good as never before back then. ThatĀ period coincidently also was the week were the FIILY/TG double single was released. Especially FIILY became the anthem of this time, so I still link it to the feeling of summer-happiness.Ā 

Ā 

Thunder - Last autumn, me and my boyfriend experimented with the concept of aĀ more or less "open"Ā relationship for the first time. It turned out to be a pretty awkward episode and we did not come back to it ever since, however, there was that one guy whom I "dated" for a short time.Ā However, that dude was also a bit undecided, making me feel even weirder about the whole situation. So Thunder with it's lyrics about Lana being annoyed by her noncommitting lover definitely hit a nerve. On one hand, I was excited about seeing "someone new" again, on the other hand it drove me crazy that I felt like putting my relationship at test for a person who was heavily flirting with me in one moment and then did not reply to text messages for days.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I honestly had no idea what my own response would be when I made this thread, butā€¦

Ā 

in chronologicalĀ order of my life events, I think these almost perfectly describe where Iā€™ve beenĀ and where Iā€™m finally at now:Ā 

Ā 

1. Ride

2. California
3. Get Free

4. Shades of Cool

5. Wildflower Wildfire

ā€œā€¦and this is all I looked for all my life ā€“ to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear ofā€¦misuse, betrayal.ā€
Sylvia PlathĀ 

5 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Title says it all (and hopefully no oneā€™s madeĀ thisĀ thread already lol)!

You actually have made similar thread! :smile3:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Would you like me to merge them? x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

ā€¢Ā 4.18.14Ā ā€¢Ā 5.1.14Ā ā€¢ 9.20.14Ā ā€¢ 5.28.15Ā ā€¢ 6.14.15Ā ā€¢ 7.28.16Ā ā€¢ 7.24.17Ā ā€¢ 10.23.17Ā ā€¢ 10.24.17Ā ā€¢ 1.25.18Ā ā€¢ 2.5.18Ā ā€¢ 12.5.18Ā ā€¢ 10.3.19Ā ā€¢ 10.11.19Ā ā€¢ 11.16.19 ā€¢

SFĀ ā€¢Ā ATLĀ ā€¢Ā ATLĀ ā€¢Ā INDĀ ā€¢Ā ATLĀ ā€¢Ā CHIĀ ā€¢Ā LDNĀ ā€¢Ā NYCĀ ā€¢Ā NYCĀ ā€¢Ā DCĀ ā€¢ ATLĀ ā€¢ NYCĀ ā€¢ PDXĀ ā€¢ SANĀ ā€¢ KS

Ā 

1 hour ago, Elle said:

You actually have made similar thread! :smile3:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Would you like me to merge them? x

Ahh, sorry about that! It would be appreciated :)Ā 

ā€œā€¦and this is all I looked for all my life ā€“ to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear ofā€¦misuse, betrayal.ā€
Sylvia PlathĀ 

This is really hard to talk about certain memories, so I'll name the song and include a lyric that I associate with a chronicle of my own life instead of going into specificsĀ 

Ā 

1. Pawn Shop BluesĀ Ā -Ā In the name of higher consciousness
I let the best man I knew go
Cause it's nice to love and be loved
But it's better to know all you can know
I said it's nice to love and be loved
But I'd rather know what God knows

Ā 

2. Black Beauty - Ā I paint the house black,
My wedding dress black leather, too.
You have no room for light,
Love is lost on you.
I keep my lips red,
They seem like cherries in the spring.
Darling, you can't let everything seem so dark blue.

Ā 

3. Terrence Loves You -Ā But I lost myself when I lost you
But I still got jazz
When I've got those blues
And I lost myself when I lost you
And I still get trashed, darling
When I hear your tunes

Ā 

4. White Dress -Ā Summer, summer's almost gone
We were talking about life, we were sitting outside 'til dawn
But I would still go back
If I could do it all again, I'd fly
Because it made me feel, made me feel like a god
'Cause it made me feel, made me feel like a god
Somehow it made me feel, made me feel like a god

Ā 

5. Nectar of the Gods -Ā What cruel world is this? Nectar of the Gods
Heroin gold in my veins, you in my thoughts
I'm on the freeway racin' at a million
And I just can't stop

What sweet world is this? Honey on the vine
School kid dreams came true then passed in the night
I used to dream about people like you, now I don't know why
I used to sing about people like you, now I just get high

California, homeland of the Gods
Once I found my way but now I am lost

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedĀ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Ā 

Ā 

Born to Die: when I first heard the lyrics to that one, I thought : Ā« Bich is talking about me. Ā»

I feel so alone on a Friday night/ Sometimes love is not enough, the road gets rough, I donā€™t know why / let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain / scared that I couldnā€™t find all the answers, honey: all these lyrics I have felt for so many years before she sang about them.Ā 
Ā 

Venice Bitch: my fave songs from her have always been her trippy ones, like Cruel World. So when I heard she had gone all in with the trippy vibes, it was a dream come true, and at 10 minutes at that! Plus she has that corny line that summarizes how I envision love : Give me Hallmark, one dream, one life, one lover.Ā 
Ā 

Fuck It I Love You: this is how I feel: I like to see everything in neon. And Iā€™m well aware that itā€™s not always a good path to be on.Ā 
Ā 

The Greatest: that song kept me insane through the pandemic, helping me process all that was going on in the world.Ā 
Ā 

Chemtrails over the country club: this is how I am trying to live my life these days, to find beauty in simple pleasures or when I am in peace with my life (not everyday, but I guess itā€™s normal).Ā 
Ā 

special mention to the whole UV album that accompanied me though a real bad breakup and HM that was my soundtrack in the months leading and following my motherā€™s death.Ā