Elle

Lana at the Malibu Chili Cook-Off in Malibu, CA - September 3rd, 2022

4 hours ago, venicebitch said:

Sooo... after a tweet with these pictures went viral and like tens of thousands people started fatshaming her, Independent wrote an article about the hypocrisy of people bodyshaming Lana

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/lana-del-rey-style-plus-size-b2161047.html

thanks for linking the article! it really sucks cuz my “friends” have texted me the past few days asking if i’ve “seen lana’s recent pictures she looks different” and it really made me feel upset/strange & annoyed with my friends and also for lana. and like i had to defend her cuz they were poking fun (when it shouldn’t be an issue that i should feel the need to defend. she’s fucking gorgeous)  i can’t imagine knowing i had gained weight and then the entire internet picking me apart for it. i hope she doesn’t scroll on twitter. it’s just too much meanness. i mean, f*ck she looks great regardless of her weight gain, her babydoll face is forever iconic !!! 

In my country, people even write comments saying that it was obvious that she had a body type very open to gaining weight even when she was very thin, so men should be careful when “choosing” a woman and pay attention to the body type so that she wouldn’t end up like Lana… :facepalm:

Personally, I’m not even getting angry anymore because I believe this type of hate comes from people very unhappy and insecure themselves. I’m just like, okay Lana is living her best life and ethereally hot even in an insane outfit, while you are in a relationship with your hand, so by all means please go off sucker :smile2:

There are dozens of outfits she wore that I think are ugly but this is not one of them??? Like right there are patterns that aren’t matching but overall she’s looking very cute, I honestly don’t get the criticism

She has gained weight, so what? Lana and I have a very similar body type and I've gotten bigger and chubby and I'm enjoying food so much and I believe I look hot nevertheless. To be honest, seeing Lana and seeing how many smiles she gives (and how cute she is!) has made me feel better about myself. I suffered a lot because of my weight and at some point I wasn't even at 50kg and it was very difficult for me to realize and accept that I now weight much more than that, because I was so used to see a skinny body when I looked in the mirror. Lana looks glowy and has truly made me feel better. I think those flannels should be out of her closet because her arms and shoulders are super beautiful :candy:, but it's her choice and she's beautiful regardless of what she's wearing. I hate to see those hateful comments because I struggle a lot myself with my mother's comments about my body, I can't even imagine how it'd be like if I was famous 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

26 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

She has gained weight, so what? Lana and I have a very similar body type and I've gotten bigger and chubby and I'm enjoying food so much and I believe I look hot nevertheless. To be honest, seeing Lana and seeing how many smiles she gives (and how cute she is!) has made me feel better about myself. I suffered a lot because of my weight and at some point I wasn't even at 50kg and it was very difficult for me to realize and accept that I now weight much more than that, because I was so used to see a skinny body when I looked in the mirror. Lana looks glowy and has truly made me feel better. I think those flannels should be out of her closet because her arms and shoulders are super beautiful :candy:. I hate to see those hateful comments because I struggle a lot myself with my mother's comments about my body, I can't even imagine how it'd be like if I was famous 

Seeing her be happy and enjoy herself despite the hate gives me hope. I have gained some weight as I have gotten older and have more going on in my life. Some days I get really upset about it but it's so mean to do that to myself because I wouldn't do it to someone else. There is nothing wrong with it, it's normal and seeing Lana so happy makes me happy.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

i don’t understand why everybody’s so upset about the flannels either, she looks great in them, maybe because they’re not really glamorous/chic? well, i think people should find something else to care about besides what her top is

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix