Sitar

Butterflies Part 2

Yes and yes, although I'll leave "I been up" as an option for a few days in case anyone wants to cosign to that.

I'm fluttering, fluttering.. high.

?

beautiful song, sounds mike related maybe?

First her teacher, now her preacher. :teehee:

Mike, preacher.

I'm doomed.

:suicide:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

A song about a deranged preacher, huh?

Come on Little Jimmy, she's the daughter of a preacher

In the land of gods and angels, I was a demon

Lightin up the eyes of a deacon

This song reminds me that I have to atone for my sins and lies. :runs:

It happens all too often, actually. :( There's quite a few shitstorms raging in the evangelical community right now, as cases of sexual exploitation by pastors come to light. Most people can agree that sex with a minor is a crime for a reason, and the adult should be held legally accountable. But it seems that most churches can't resist blaming the young girl at least as much as the older man. (And God help her if she's technically of age at the time.) These people need to wake up and realize that feminine desire is not in itself a problem in need of fixing. mad.gif These young girls' feelings matter too, and that's a major reason why I love this song so much.

(TBH my head almost exploded when I first heard it. Two online worlds converging and stuff.)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

But it seems that most churches can't resist blaming the young girl at least as much as the older man.

Happened to a friend of mine. The relations weren't with the priest, but the priest did the blaming (on her). Yay, humans.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

"This preacher's song" or "this preacher's son"?

probably 'this preacher's song', cause hes pretending to be "a holy roller"

also.... am i the only one that thinks this song is really fucked up? From what i gather this song is about one of lanas daddies, who dresses up as a priest,  lures little girls in with sweet treats, and steals their innocence, then he locks them up in his golden cage. And Lana knows about it and covers for him :creepna:

Edited by FAUX-REAL

probably 'this preacher's song', cause hes pretending to be "a holy roller"

also.... am i the only one that thinks this song is really fucked up? From what i gather this song is about one of lanas daddies, who dresses up as a priest,  lures little girls in with sweet treats, and steals their innocence, then he locks them up in his golden cage. And Lana knows about it and covers for him :creepna:

See all that sounds a little far-fetched, which is why I think it's "preacher's son"...Face it, if she was hooking up with THE preacher, that would be the theme of the entire song because Lana couldn't possibly resist that. Instead, this is about butterflies...

See all that sounds a little far-fetched, which is why I think it's "preacher's son"...Face it, if she was hooking up with THE preacher, that would be the theme of the entire song because Lana couldn't possibly resist that. Instead, this is about butterflies...

ya i think the lyrics in the verses and pre-choruses are fictitious. Maybe the bridge and the chorus are inspired by Mike. I hope the stuff about little girls is.. like .. metaphorical or something cause otherwise..... :awkney: . :hillary:  

Put it on "Vocal Booster" on iTunes, sounds better.

omg how can I do that? Tell me please  :defeated:

edit: I found how! Thank you so muchh

This song is fucking perfect.

let the light in, it's a cruel world

Sorry for reviving this thread, but goodness, some of Lana's unreleased lyrics like this song really do seem fucked up!

If she is really referencing a relationship with a priest, oh god, I don't even know what to say.

I don't think the lyric is "priest's son" because 1) Seeing as Lana is a Catholic and it's most likely that's the specific Christian denomination she's referring to here, and priests aren't allowed to marry and it's EXTREMELY rare for priests to have had children, so I highly doubt she's mentioning a priest's son. 2) A lot of lyrics are in reference to the expectation of this guy to be holy, and for some reason I just can't see there being  much of an expectation on a priest's son to be holy, but rather just the priest having an expectation to be holy.

Idk, maybe she's not even singing about a priest here, but either way, the whole idea of this guy is fucked up, and reminds me of Put Me in a Movie a little bit.