Sign in to follow this  
The Siren

Songs you *NEVER* want Lana to cover

23 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I had never thought of Lolita that way :um2: Truth be told, Im not the biggest Britney fan, so that’s why I wouldn’t want her to cover one of her songs. That being said, I do trust her for her song choices:

if she feels she’ll do a good job covering it, she probably will. 

I personally am not a big fan of some of Lana's covers. I  would prefer for her to cover someone less capable than she is vocally and make the song better than doing less than the original performer.

For exemple I've gotten used to her Nina Simone cover but I think her vocals being compared to Nina's don't do her justice.

There is a lot of room for turning Britney's catalogue upside down and making it your own. 

This exemple is great. There are also a lot of cool covers of Toxic out there.

I do agree tough that lyrically, there are not many of Britney's songs that matches the level of Lana's. But then again Break up with your girlfriend isn't singer songwriter material but it worked fine with Lana if only for once as a live rendition. I do believe she said multiple times she loves Britney, hence people anticipating a cover.

I personally like to be surprised and discovering a song with Lana covering it like she did with For Free for exemple. I also like it if it fits the narrative of the album. For Free is not a revolution of the song, nor is it a better performance than the original but I believe it was rightly chosen for COCC so that was fine with me.